SCI-FI METROPOLIS McCOY & SCOTTY!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got McCoy and a delayed Spock and I just wanted to say both look great!
I had some harsh words for SFM a few months back, but after some nice discussions I really have to say these guys are great.
Fantastic service, beautiful craftsmanship and wonderful attitude. Thanks guys and sorry for all the crap I gave you.

Looking forward to Kirk!

My McCoy and Spock:

DSC02307.jpg

Okay, THIS Spock looks better than the prototype shots I've seen. Bones looks good, too, but I still have to give the edge to Spenser...PS

Opinions make the collecting world turn. :D

And, don't forget these may look larger because they are casts of the prototypes. These are roughly 9% larger to allow for the shrinkage that occurs during the process of making the actual vinyl heads.

Last I heard the sculptors were still planning to revise Kirk and offer Sulu. This studio is always busy doing heads for other companies and statue prototypes. Seeing these sculpts in person must make all the difference, because I don't understand how people are seeing these as inferior to other ST sculpts that have been offered. That Spock pretty much owns every other sculpt that has been done of the character. The first pass at Kirk looks too young, but it's still a better portrait of Shatner then 80% to 90% of what has been offered before. I wish more people would have supported this effort as they already offered Scotty and Kang. Still hope they offer the Pike in his mobile chair.

Not to necropost, but just wanted to toss in a request -- whoever's in touch with the sculptors, please encourage them to release Kirk!

I don't believe its up to the sculptors.

That was my understanding of the situation as well. The sculptors have had their hands full retooling several of the SFM and Executive Replicas heads for a new factory to reproduce. Once they are caught up with that we might start seeing Kirk and some others.

so does that mean SFM is going to finally be producing some more of their licensed figures, i.e. Lost in SPace?

As for the Trek heads that were released on the board here in limited quantities -- if not up to the sculptors who were releasing them, then who?

The sculptors weren't releasing them. They were being offered via SFM.
And yes, it is my understanding that after a few setbacks they are concentrating their focus on getting the presently licensed items [including Lost in Space] back on track.

The sculptors weren't releasing them. They were being offered via SFM.
And yes, it is my understanding that after a few setbacks they are concentrating their focus on getting the presently licensed items [including Lost in Space] back on track.

Good to know, so SFM will actually be releasing some of those figures we thought were done for.

I wish they would release painted resin heads with there figures instead of the molded ones. The Star Trek heads look great but I was not to crazy about the Lost in Space heads.

They did a Kang resin head, I wish they would do a full OS Klingon. That would be a dream.

Good to know, so SFM will actually be releasing some of those figures we thought were done for.

I wish they'd release the 1/6 Space Pod they had on their site for a while. And of course a 1/6 B9 robot would be amazing.

There were rumors that Moebius models was going to release a new model of the B9 robot in a larger scale, but it wasn't confirmed to be 1/6 (hints were given out by Moebius on their Facebook page that a larger scale one was coming and people had been suggesting 1/6 to them, and they didn't deny the scale. Who knows though).

Sean

I think the last LIS figs were released in 2005 or so. It's been quite a wait!

Maureen Robinson came out about 2 years ago I think. At least they haven't given up. The next LIS figure is suppose to be Don West. Judy, Penny and Will will be tough as the hold up on them has been accurate scale bodies. Last I heard they were still trying to complete the space pods.

I wish they'd release the 1/6 Space Pod they had on their site for a while. And of course a 1/6 B9 robot would be amazing.

There were rumors that Moebius models was going to release a new model of the B9 robot in a larger scale, but it wasn't confirmed to be 1/6 (hints were given out by Moebius on their Facebook page that a larger scale one was coming and people had been suggesting 1/6 to them, and they didn't deny the scale. Who knows though).

Sean

The last I heard the pod was still planned but after the figures and the Robot was scheduled as part of the figure line.

Back