Sideshow's G.I. JOE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is hoping they do this line justice!!!
and it finialy gives me an excuse to get those wonderful gun sets hot toys makes :)

This is a pretty cool announcement. I am affraid though I can't buy these. I have to save for Dutch and crew.
same here. i need dutch and im thinking i need the whole damn crew which is gonna be spendy. that will be enough millitary for me. but i am happy for the joe fans here.

I want this in 1/6 or PF :rock

serpentor2.jpg

Like I said, if this is not a 1/6 line from the old 80's characters and designs I have zero interest in this line.

*fingers crossed*

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The commercial did say more info Feb. 17th - so they'll either have an official press release or maybe even prototypes at Toy Fair.

I hadn't even considered this would be appropriate for the Military section, but I guess we'll leave it there. I was thinking it's more a toy line like Transformers than reality based.

From the commercial, we see Cobra Commander, Scarlet, the Baroness - so I'm guessing it's more fantasy based than the traditional 12" Joe from the past.

Dave, the comic license is up in the air right now.
It looks to be Marvel and I think IDW in line to get it.

If Marvel gets it like they should get it because they had the best comics for Joe, then you should move it there.

Read here.
https://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4216&Itemid=99
But it looks like the way this reads, IDW might edge out Marvel because of the Transformer's license.

Last edited:
The commercial did say more info Feb. 17th - so they'll either have an official press release or maybe even prototypes at Toy Fair.

I'd guess protoypes. No point in teasing us with a video and tell us to watch Toy Fair to only be teased again. I expect protos. Only question is who? Duke? Cobra Commander? Both? Neither? :confused:

From CoolToyReview:

"Sideshow Collectibles: New License Revealed!
Posted by D_Martin on February 3, 2008 at 07:59 PM CST:
2008 is ramping up to be a great year for collectors, and Sideshow Collectibles is leading the pack giving us exactly what we want. Just now, they have revealed (finally) that they will be bringing us 12" figures based on G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero! Follow the link to check out the teaser commercial for what is guaranteed to be tone of the best figure collections of the year."

They did have live action people.
So obviously nothing set for pre-orders for a while.

I still want to know who Dusty played in the commercial. Baroness or Scarlett???

And what is up with Scarlett not having a crossbow.

And it looked like Dusty was in there, Dusty being the Joe and not SSDusty.

Wow - that's pretty damn cool.

I'm a total 80's kid so I'm all too familiar with the Joe's struggles against Cobra. I don't know if I can get into this line, but it's going to be hard to stay away; Snake Eyes, Stormshadow, Zartan, the possibilities for this line are amazing. It also has the potential of blowing up for Sideshow the way Star Wars has - should be a huge business move for them. I'm excited to see what happens with this.

Cool to know - and knowing is half the battle.

Yo Joe.

Must haves:
Snake-Eyes - 1985 version
Storm Shadow
Firefly
Zartan
Torch
Ripper
Flint
Gung-Ho
Tunnel Rat
Mutt
Bazooka
Lady Jaye
Tomax
Xamot
Outback

I made a thread asking about Joes 2 years ago....yep ,Sideshow do listen to the Worm...

Oh man I hate to admit it but I had the Fridge.

I remember when mine finally arrived in the mail. I was happier then a kid on X-Mas morning...

I'm actually really excited about this announcement. I used to have TONS of G.I. Joe figures, me and my brother both.

My parent's always bought us G.I. Joe figures all the time....My mom used to keep track of what ones we had and what ones we wanted. (She'd clip the bio cards off the back and save them all for us)...And, my Dad used to take us to Jamesway once every two weeks to get a new one...

Ahhh....the memories.

:)

Back