Sideshow's G.I. JOE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they do make Snake Eyes head, they better make him disfigured from hell. Cause early in the comic, hardened soldiers would scream like girls at it, but later in the comic he looked like Brad Pitt with a couple scars.

YEAH....I REMEMBER SNAKE-EYES FACE FROM THE COMIC..HE WAS AS UGLY AS KROENEN FROM HELLBOY....THIS IS THE WAY SIDESHOW NEED TO MAKE HIM...

Snake-Eyes

"I remember thinking that for a guy that had been through as much as him, he sure didn't have a lot of meanness in him..."
— Scarlett

snakes2.gif

The true face of Horror...

snakesscars.gif

GIJoe2f1.jpg

Alright, since the cat's now officially out of the bag...

1) The figures will be based on the original RAH character designs :)rock). The deal was put in place well before the movie was even officially greenlit. Not sure if SSC/Hasbro will also choose to make figures based on what will surely be a crappy movie. But, rejoice... we're at least getting the "real" G.I. Joe RAH figures.

2) The first 2 (unless this has changed): Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes. There have been several in various stages of production.

3) Expect awesomeness, especially in accessories and detailing of weapons.

This has been a done deal and the figures in the works for a while now, so I'd expect to see something tangible (as in actual figures) shown soon (Toy Fair is no doubt an obvious bet).

Clearly, Hasbro has a ton of respect for Sideshow and what they bring to the 1:6 arena. This is the third partnership they've had (SW, Indy, and now G.I. Joe) but perhaps the most telling since this is actually one of Hasbro's own IPs.

:rock

And that is the sound of my forthcoming paychecks going RIGHT to SS. Already working just to keep my orders, didn't think Id be adding more to it. :monkey2

PS Snake Eyes coming with Timber?

Guess that means Sideshow has been working on armor if they are doing Snake Eyes. You guys know what that means? :emperor :maul

I agree. Joe is Military and the line is just what this dead section of the forum needs. It does NOT need to be grouped the TF and is NOT Marvel.QUOTE]

Sorry to offend you EF, but growing up with the Joes, not only did I collect them, I watched the cartoon and read the G.I. Joe Marvel comics.

To me, if Marvel gets the comic license, it should be moved there. I am in the minority with this, but hey, I am intitled to my opinion.

Dave knows how to run the sight and he does it well.
Some good points are brought up with needing to boost this thread area.
So with that argument I agree.

Best reason to keep it here - ask a person on the street who created GI Joe and you will probably get Hasbro and NOT Marvel.

It will be awesome if Snake Eyes is first.
Though it needs to be the 1985 version with the visor and ninja/commando.

When we moved when I was 16, it was time to retire my Joes.
So most of my stuff was given to a friend who had kids the age of when I started collecting.
The rest of my favorite characters, well we had a brush fire going and they were put to rest.
My Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Firefly, all my favorites gone.
I have been getting the 25th anniversary ones, but they are not the same.

Did anyone else ever take them apart and switch any heads.

My favorite was I took Quick-Kick's head and put it on Thrasher's body.

Best reason to keep it here - ask a person on the street who created GI Joe and you will probably get Hasbro and NOT Marvel.

But this is not a Hasbro area???????
(If that is your argument for it being in this area.)

I did not say I talked for everyone either.
Hasbro and Marvel took the characters a long way.
Towards the end of Marvel's run, things got a little crazy and ugly with the character costume changes. cough Destro cough
But that was just in effect of trying to put out more toys for the consumer to need and buy.
In the end was a slim part of the downfall or decline.
Hasbro has always had their hands in on the designs and they always will.

Back