SW VS. LOTR #4: Luke VS. Frodo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke VS. Frodo

• Luke

Votes: 56 57.7%
  • Frodo

Votes: 41 42.3%

• Total voters
I am actually having a hard time deciding which of these guys I like better, but I am giving a slight edge to Luke. In their respective climactic moments, Luke was able to overcome his temptation where Frodo ultimately gave in. (Of course, if I had to choose between killing my dad or turning invisible, I know which one I would pick...)

I can`t believe I just voted for Frodo, but then I have just finished watching the LOTR trilogy. :D

At first this looks like a tuff choice, but in the end, Frodo had to rely on Sam and even then evil almost took him over till Golum bit the ring off.

Luke withdrew from the Darkside and saved his father, the chosen one, and helped put a end to sith.

Plus Luke doen't have hairy feet.

Luke wins.

sebcanadaceo said:
This one is easy for me, "Luke" all the way!

Though I like "Frodo", to me he is not the central character of LOTR... "Aragorn" is.

:emperor

that would be a cool match up.

LordAzrael said:
Dark Empire - Luke did fall to the Dark Side - with the best intentions :emperor

Yeh, but nobody counts that... but I did like that series of comics.

Had to think about this one alot and am still undecided. :confused: I thought it would be an easy decision with Luke, but then I thought that Frodo had to carry a heavy, corrupting, and independent evil around his neck during his quest. He had no training, experience, or anything of the sort, not to mention a size disadvantage. He could have been killed a ton of times without his companions, but then so would have Luke. Luke's quest seemed to have been chosen for him and victory was an option, but Frodo's was more like a martyrs. He knew the quest would kill him and success was never more than a fool's hope. Hard to keep going, when you know death is at the end.

After the end, Luke had the glamour of being a hero and jedi knight. On the other hand, Frodo returned to normal life with hardly any acclaim...He stayed a hobbit throughout.

I still might choose Luke due to what he became, but won't look past the extreme adversity facing Frodo.

KitFisto said:
Luke. He resisted the Emperor and the dark side.

Frodo gave in and would not destroy the ring. The only the reason the ring was destroyed was because Frodo and Gollum fought over it and went over the edge.

Luke wins this one.

Couldn't have said it better. Luke wins in this one hands down.

I voted for Frodo just because. And I know Luke kisses Leia but if she were my sister, I might have kissed her too. Especially if she decided to put the slave outfit on. :eek: ;)

Fritz said:
And I know Luke kisses Leia but if she were my sister, I might have kissed her too. Especially if she decided to put the slave outfit on. :eek: ;)
That's just wrong! :lol

Lightsaber vs. Sting (the knife or the crummy musician) Lightsaber would cut it up in half!

OUCH!!!:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Looks like Frodo is going to need a reassuring hug from Sam when this poll is done. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Frodo is no match for Luke and the results are showing it.

I wonder if Sam will go againts Chewie? I have a feeling that will go in the other direction.

Back