SW VS. LOTR #4: Luke VS. Frodo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke VS. Frodo

• Luke

Votes: 56 57.7%
  • Frodo

Votes: 41 42.3%

• Total voters
Voted Luke...Easy Choice this time! Luke resisted the temptation of the dark side and he redeemed Vader!

:frodo
KAOSINLA said:
Had to think about this one alot and am still undecided. :confused: I thought it would be an easy decision with Luke, but then I thought that Frodo had to carry a heavy, corrupting, and independent evil around his neck during his quest. He had no training, experience, or anything of the sort, not to mention a size disadvantage. He could have been killed a ton of times without his companions, but then so would have Luke. Luke's quest seemed to have been chosen for him and victory was an option, but Frodo's was more like a martyrs. He knew the quest would kill him and success was never more than a fool's hope. Hard to keep going, when you know death is at the end.

After the end, Luke had the glamour of being a hero and jedi knight. On the other hand, Frodo returned to normal life with hardly any acclaim...He stayed a hobbit throughout.

I still might choose Luke due to what he became, but won't look past the extreme adversity facing Frodo.

"...I can't recall the taste of food, nor the sound of water, or the touch of grass. I am naked in the dark. There is nothing. No veil between me and the wheel of fire. I can see it with my waking eyes."

"We set out to save the Shire, Sam. And it has been saved....but not for me."

He sacrificed himself, knowing there was not going to be a dancing Ewok party with all those happy jedi mentor ghosts smiling for him as a reward at the end. No contest....FRODO. :frodo

I'd say Luke...

He was just as headstrong and driven as Frodo, but when faced with the ultimate decision of Good Vs. Evil... HE decided that he would rather die than EVER turn.

Frodo on the other hand... lasted all that time, held out for the entire trip. Only to turn to his BEST friend and utter the words...

"The Ring is MINE....."

Frodo fell into darkness and if it wasn't for an obsessed Gollum and the love of a friend. Middle Earth would have fell. The Heroes would have died and the entire saga would have been all for nothing.

Luke never betrayed his code of ethics nor the Jedi... NOR his friends. He was loyal even if it meant his own death and the end of the Jedi... His trust in his father and in the Force kept him going....so... in other words...

LUKE IS THE MAN!!! :rock:rock:rock:rock

Aragorn vs. Han and the droids vs. hobbits each had about a 60/40 split, where Gandalf and Obi-Wan were nearly 50/50. It looks like we have our first "no contest" poll. Poor little Frodo...

:monkey2

LOTR is so hard to poll for a main character, you really could have gone with either Gandalf, Aragorn or Frodo against Luke; though I do agree with your pairings Tom. With such an ensamble cast it makes for a difficult choice for lead.

Poor Frodo indeed.

carbo-fation said:
Yes...listen to Mr. Wetanut!! The ring was 100x more powerful than the Dark Side! I bet if Frodo was a Jedi he would've mastered the force in less than a day....:monkey3 :D

sorry man, but I think Sam got more potential than Frodo :monkey1

Frodo had the weight of evil around his neck for practically his entire journey (this evil ate at his body and soul and in the end destroyed him...even after the destruction of the ring). Frodo was really the only person in all of middle-earth who could carry this ring as far as he did (not even Sam could have carried it...book readers will know why that truely is). It's also been argued that without Frodo's pity toward Gollum (remember Sam didn't want that Gollum around and other's were willing to kill him) that Gollum probably wouldn't have been at Mt. Doom in the first place to take the ring and fall into Mt.Doom and ultimately destroy himself and the ring. Without Frodo middle-earth would have been taken over by Sauron and who knows perhaps Melkor would have been set free and then Valinor would have been possibly taken over or destroyed by him. Without Frodo a horrible chain of events could have taken place. He really saved everything IMO.

Luke on the other hand didn't have his body, mind and soul destroyed. He didn't have the darkside eating away at him. What he did don't match up to poor Frodo's IMO.

So Frodo get's my vote!

pixletwin said:
Um.. force choke anyone? Frodo OWNED in 2 seconds.

You can't force choke what you can't see and the One Ring makes the wearer invisible. Therefore, One Ring = 1, Force = 0. :p

So my loyalties lie with LOTR all the way, the Frodo vote was a gimme, but I really had to think about which bugged me more: Frodo falling down entranced ad nauseam or Luke whinging about power converters. Luke is more herioc and more powerful, but the hobbit-y lifestyle in the shire is way more appealing! Kinda moot, though, 'cause Sam is really the hero of LOTR, and his fat hobbit @$$ would own Luke all day long! :lol

Fritz said:
You can't force choke what you can't see and the One Ring makes the wearer invisible. Therefore, One Ring = 1, Force = 0. :p
Dude... no. A jedi sees not with his eyes but what he feel in the force (did you leanr nothing from old Ben ;) )... and just for that: FRODO OWNED IN 1 SECOND!

Somehow I can't wait until we poll Sauron vs Emperor . . .

Somehow you can't compare Frodo and Luke. Perhaps Aragorn (becoming King of Gondor), and Luke (becoming a full Jedi) would be better. Somehow there's no SW counterpart to Frodo. I'm not voting, only to boycott this choice of counterparts.

Back