The Lone Gunmen, Skinner and M&S X-files Headsculpts set by C.Howes Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Lone Gunmen, Skinner and M&S X-files Headsculpts set by C.Howes Interest Thre

The SS head is actually a good head under all that caked on crappy SS paint. Here is a link to the "magic" that Small Studios did with my Mulder and Scully heads:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30267&highlight=scully&page=116

That Scully repaint is gorgeous! I've always thought that the sculpt was good, but the paint is what really takes it down - and those thick eyebrows! I've done a bit of customizing with my Scully - a new Triad suit and a cross necklace - but I think I'm going to have to get her repainted now...

Re: The Lone Gunmen, Skinner and M&S X-files Headsculpts set by C.Howes Interest Thre

That Scully repaint is gorgeous! I've always thought that the sculpt was good, but the paint is what really takes it down - and those thick eyebrows! I've done a bit of customizing with my Scully - a new Triad suit and a cross necklace - but I think I'm going to have to get her repainted now...

Go for it. The pics are good, but don't even do her justice. In hand she looks so much better. Can you tell me what outfits and cross you used? I've been wanting to switch Scully out of the stiff SS outfit too. I'm going to put her on an EVA body too (whenever they actually come around releasing them).

I used the Triad Agent 1.0 for Scully - it's since gone out of stock. Here is a link to some pics I just took:

https://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/Dashopkinsfan/

the cross is the same one that came with the Barbie version they released for the first movie - I just updated the chain. The colors don't quite match so at some point I'll paint them to match. There is an Agent 2.0 currently available @ Triad that I have on order - it's a much longer jacket w/ a skirt and white shirt. I'll swap out the jacket once it arrives. I'm making a Lost Juliet custom and am waiting for the Eva to ship as well - I'm not sure she's ever coming out!

Last edited:

Being from France, I honnestly don't think you can do anything against him. But I'd be happy to help as he scammed me too! I used to have his personal address, though I don't know if I still have it. If I can find it again, I'll shoot you a pm with it...

So we are two scammed french people at least in this thread...

Yep!

Though you know, to tell the truth, I don't think he was a scammer in the first place. At first, I think he really meant to do all this. The reason I have his address somewhere is because he sent me something (a Steve Austin hs, with a second one for free to apologize for the delay). But he began accumulating commissions and he fell behind. Then things became heated and all the negative, yet perfectly justified comments probably made it worse, up to the point where he couldn't possibly come back and face us. So no refund as the money was probably already spent and no come back since it's always difficult to come back and face your accusers...
In the end, I bet he's probably a bit ashamed (when I talked to him, he sounded to me clearly as the guy with a high opinion of himself) and we will never get anything. A big waste if you ask me... :(

Last edited:

Why on earth is this thread still going? I think it needs to get shut down and a new one started that isn't tied to Chris. That guy is a jerk and we really need to stop talking about him.

Why on earth is this thread still going? I think it needs to get shut down and a new one started that isn't tied to Chris. That guy is a jerk and we really need to stop talking about him.

:lecture Enough already with Howes.

This thread should be closed, theres no sculptor attached so its nothing more then an interest thread. I say find a sculptor and let him or whoever talks to them open a new thread when something will actually be happening.

And definately get Howe's name out of this title.

If someone starts a new "general X-Files customs" thread I'd be all for it. But for now, this is the only thread we have.

Any sculptors willing to make a Scully etc, so we can have a "legitimate" new X-Files custom sculpts thread?

Since ebayarea originally started this thread, after PMing people he thought would be interested in having custom head sculpts of X-Files characters (prior to contacting C. Howes, I believe), I propose we let him have first crack at starting a NEW interest thread. Just my 2 yen's worth. :)

... however, with the new rules on commissions, is it still possible to start interest/commission threads? Not so sure...

Can they just change the topic header?

... however, with the new rules on commissions, is it still possible to start interest/commission threads? Not so sure...

I don't think they can be the same thing under the new rules. Threads that try to get people together and then try to get an artist to make something for them would be against the rules, if I understood them correctly.

An interest thread that doesn't actually attempt to start a commission is just a discussion thread, which I believe would not violate the rules (but don't quote me on this). That's essentially what this thread has become by default.

Probably be a good idea to re-read the rules again carefully, just to make sure, before starting any new threads, though.

That is kind of an issue---since this thread is "grandfathered" into existence, we can keep discussing customs/sculpts (AFAIK)----but where could we go to discuss getting a new Scully etc sculpt if this one ends? Can't start a new thread talking about that.

I don't think they can be the same thing under the new rules. Threads that try to get people together and then try to get an artist to make something for them would be against the rules, if I understood them correctly.

An interest thread that doesn't actually attempt to start a commission is just a discussion thread, which I believe would not violate the rules (but don't quote me on this). That's essentially what this thread has become by default.

Probably be a good idea to re-read the rules again carefully, just to make sure, before starting any new threads, though.

Not sure how this is going to work, but I've been contacting sculptors and finally found one who would be willing to take on this project with NO deposits, just payment (think it's 20.00 per head) once the heads are completed/sculpted.

He doesn't want to be associated with Howes however so I'm wondering if we can start a new thread like he wants. Should I just pm everyone on the list, or can we get a gauge of the interest on here? I read the rules and they explicitly say you can't organize a project where you collect money up front, in this case he just wants to see if people want the heads then he'll go ahead and sculpt them so there's really no commitment just gives him an idea of whether or not it's worth his while.

Any thoughts?

I would be cautiously optimistic - having be burned several times already. That said, I would love to see what the Gunmen look like, and am glad that this sculptor is not asking for money up front.

If someone else is seriously considering making these, I'd be willing to put up a small deposit to help convince them. (But I only want Scully, not any of the Gunmen) But also--if someone does make a good Scully sculpt, I'd buy multiple copies of it.

If the Scully sculpt is just as good or better than the SS one, I will definitely get one.

Ebayarea, would your sculptor like it if you make a topic in asking ppl who are interested to send you a pm so that you can send the names to her/him?

Not sure how this is going to work, but I've been contacting sculptors and finally found one who would be willing to take on this project with NO deposits, just payment (think it's 20.00 per head) once the heads are completed/sculpted.

He doesn't want to be associated with Howes however so I'm wondering if we can start a new thread like he wants. Should I just pm everyone on the list, or can we get a gauge of the interest on here? I read the rules and they explicitly say you can't organize a project where you collect money up front, in this case he just wants to see if people want the heads then he'll go ahead and sculpt them so there's really no commitment just gives him an idea of whether or not it's worth his while.

Any thoughts?

Hmmm... very good question. You should probably contact Darklord Dave or one of the mods just to be on the safe side, but I don't think there would be a problem if the sculptor started a new thread of his own in the Customs section, where he could post WIP pics, etc. All of the actual business should probably be conducted privately, either between you and the sculptor, or better still, between the sculptor and the people who want the sculpts, via PM or email... just to be on the safe side.

That way this thread could be closed or whatever, and there will be a new Howes-free thread open for discussion of other possible X-Files characters, keeping in line with the new rules. Hope this helps.

Back