ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ripley's Flamethrower/Pulse Rifle Strap Adjustment

Okay Kids, here's what I did. Remove strap from front nozzle, untie knot. Tape nozzles with electrical tape strip cut to fit and now you can get the classic Egg chamber poses. The strap, as is, is a little tight and hugs too close to her body, this way it is extended as far as it can go and is still adjustable from the butt end. Anyway, not suggesting it for everyone but I tested it on Rip and it displays much better. Can now point the nozzles down to burn you some eggs...

DSC03777.jpg

Side note: The tape on front nozzles do not restrict the pump action on the pulse rifle.

Last edited:
I guess some of you guys don't remember having girlfriends. :lol

Needless to say it ain't mine. Wiseasses...:lol

pjam said:
And of course we've all seen this from Les
Rip009.jpg

Since you guys are talking about Ripley, I would just like to say that, WOW, this looks really great. :chew

TOE said:
Since you guys are talking about Ripley, I would just like to say that, WOW, this looks really great. :chew

Totally Toe. Exactly why I sent mine to Les...

Ripley is too short!

I just built my Ripley and she is almost an inch shorter than Hicks! I even added the heel lift to her and she is still too short... she is under 11.5 inches even then! Help, any suggestion for leg surgery because we may have quite a few guys here who seek heightening advice too...

I am not interested in switching out her body so it looks like leg surgery... her head is specifically designed for this body and the Jakks body looks too barbie-ish to me and the arms and hands won't work well with all the articulation needed for her weapons... anyway any advice would be welcome.

Sorry if this is a bit late. I got word from Monkey Depot; Fernando's arms are Bendys. No arm sleeves involved.

Yes, they cancelled my order this morning. I'll wait on the Cheong's from War-Toys.

Last edited:
Ripley's height does bother me too. I'd like to get her height much closer to Hicks.

So here's an idea...

What about switching out Ripley's body with the Sarah Connor body?

The shorter HT body works better for Sarah, plus the SSC female body comes without gloved hands which is perfect for Ripley. And their neck attachment is very similar, minimal mod. Only issue left is: Sarah will now have those gloves... but they do suit her outfit better than Ripley's (although yes, still inaccurate).

OR of course you could just get a female SSC body now!

I know it may be a long wait for Sarah to do the switch but it is a way to solve the problem for both female action heroines.

Anyway, just a thought. :)

Problem with the female Buck is that it will make her pants look even more baggy then they already are.

Interesting WG BUT Sarah's arms would be those skinny HT arms which show better with a shirt on, etc. Also, I wonder about Sarah's height...

I think I'm just going to do leg surgery on Ellen. I just don't know how. I imagine cut the lower leg, drill holes, use posts for support and fill with putty and sand... She really only needs another half inch WITH the heel lift and she'll be close to hicks height. I know Les has already heightened her... and may have mentioned it on this custom thread. I need to know what tools to use... I have the plastic fast dry putty but that's it...

dekadentdave said:
Problem with the female Buck is that it will make her pants look even more baggy then they already are.

Why? The HT legs aren't particularly thick.

Do you know exactly how tall a Female Buck is? (no jokes please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back