ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reinhardt said:
sweet acquisitions customizer!!!!

btw, was just listening to oingo boingo and the song "weird sciece" came on, and i remembered Bill Paxton in Weird Science. Hilarious!!

carry on...

:D

"That's not a joke! That is a severe behavioral disorder. Those are women's underpants! Next thing you know you'll be wearing a bra on your head."

"Well that looks pretty good. Now make yourself one, dickweed."

"Does it look like their having a good time being catatonic in a closet?"

"I didn't think it was a whale's dick, honey."

Hey guys... thought I would share my latest and greatest Aliens work....

DSCN2397.jpg

DSCN2396.jpg

DSCN2392.jpg

DSCN2403.jpg

DSCN2412.jpg

DSCN2410.jpg

DSCN2414.jpg

customizerwannabe said:
Probably fall. Could be a little longer. Still feeling the Aliens and Predator fever.:D

When you're ready let me know!!!!

I mean it, I have been after this for some time!

Great looking figures Josh. I really like the damage to Hudson's armor.

Here is what I have been working on lately. It's nowhere near your skill level, but I'm fairly happy with it.

IMG_1109.jpg

Great work Dboz!! Really looks fantastic man.... Keep it up, have fun with the armor and it will turn out great! Keep us informed with it... :rock

customizerwannabe said:
Nice work fellas. Josh I love the scarring on the Hudson armor. How did you do it?

Thanks Ed! Yeah, I used a sharp sculpting tool and poked at it repeatedly in the same places until it looked harsh enough to be acid splash. Then I painted black over top of that and rubbed it in with my fingers.... And viola....instant burn!

I did the same in a few spots for my custom "me".

It's always a treat to see pics of other people's work in progress. Great work on the acid burns, DA. I really like your "alter ego" too... you make a very cool looking bug hunter. :cool:

DBoz, your Frost is coming along great. Can't wait to see more in-progress pics. Btw, what does the grafitti on that white area on his shoulder say? Were you able to find some prop photos of it? I've been looking too, but maybe I missed something. Any chance you could let us know? Be much obliged to ya. :D

Thanks for the tips Josh. This week I'm going to begin customizing mine. Gotta thank all you customizers that have posted your work and the fellas that came up with source photos for accuracy. Going to make my job a lot easier.:rock :rock :rock

customizerwannabe said:
Thanks for the tips Josh. This week I'm going to begin customizing mine. Gotta thank all you customizers that have posted your work and the fellas that came up with source photos for accuracy. Going to make my job a lot easier.:rock :rock :rock

NO prob Ed! And I agree with you on how much this thread and the Terminator thread have helped me. It's cool how much knowledge we can gather, giving us all the opportunity to have the coolest and most accurate Aliens and Terminator collections out there.

This Thread = :rock:rock:rock:rock

Mudshark said:
DBoz, your Frost is coming along great. Can't wait to see more in-progress pics. Btw, what does the grafitti on that white area on his shoulder say? Were you able to find some prop photos of it? I've been looking too, but maybe I missed something. Any chance you could let us know? Be much obliged to ya. :D

Thanks for the compliments. As for the graffiti on the arm, from what I can tell by watching the scenes with Frost frame by frame, it says "When all else fails NUKE EM". I'm positive about the Nuke Em part, but the when all else fails part is just a guess. Here are the best screen grabs I could get from the movie. There was one shot where you can kind of make out the "W" from when, but apparently I didn't get a grab of it.

FROST_GRAB_05.jpg

FROST_GRAB_04.jpg

FROST_GRAB_03.jpg

FROST_GRAB_02.jpg

FROST_GRAB_01.jpg

GGPiKE said:
Yea, I think I'm going to get one of the bronze TrueType figures when they hit end of July to replace Reese's body. Thanks for the heads up on the feet, I'm sure mine will snap as well. Woohoo, looking forward to that happening.

If you do, and decide to get rid of the Reese body, I'm in the market for a replacement.:p

Dboz, you DO know that your screen caps are anamorphically squeezed...

You might want to make sure that whatever capture utility you have can decompress anamorphic frames.

dekadentdave said:
Dboz, you DO know that your screen caps are anamorphically squeezed...

You might want to make sure that whatever capture utility you have can decompress anamorphic frames.

I do know. I just didn't care.

You nailed my Hudson helmet Josh! The HT cloth cover was always too light and you dirtied it up to perfection, Josh the master weatherer strikes again!

This is the most accurate Hudson Helmet I have yet seen, and the darker wash is damn near film accurate, the camo pattern still comes through nicely. Great wash Josh, can't ask for more Bro, congrats.

Special thanks to Les and Dekdave for ref pics...

Thanks D, My HT Aliens collection is now complete, fini, done! And my Termies are done too, well almost. :lol Inside joke there but essentially done. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back