What should be done to killers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he chose to live rather than shoot himself I submit that maybe he doesn't want to die - in which case killing him would be apt punishment. Not necessarily the case that he doesn't want to die but I'm just throwing that out there.

Toy with the notion in front of him and see if he begs. Then you'd have your answer. If he's indifferent, he could be put in solitary with meals small and infrequent enough to induce borderline starvation. You'd still have the whole taxpayer argument though... Ah, hell. Just kill the guy. It's actually fitting since he's already made that snap decision with, what, at least fourteen people?

Anger takes time in the greaving process to overcome. The father of the 6 year old who died in the movie theatre expressed he wanted to see the police do the right thing and dispatch or kill the man whi killed his young daughter. I agree with him, this man needs no fame or glory from te killing. The media is focusing on him mostly, telling us what the criminals message was for the shooting, etc. I say stop talking about the scumbag, throw him down a hole where he deserves to be in so he can't harm anyone else.

Self-defense or defending someone else is the only situation where I see killing justified. Killing a criminal who is in custody/jail and not a harm to anyone anymore is not self-defense. There is a reason why most countries don't have the death penalty anymore and hopefully more countries will become more civilized. Because it's primitive. We are better than the murderers and we will set an example for them, we are not like them.

Anger: I'm judging it on the countless of people who want this guy tortured or dead. This won't solve anything. Could you explain to me how his execution will solve anything for the victims and their families?

okay I see that killing is not a good answer,

but we should not have to take care of these people,
they should just send them to some remote island to fend for themselves, no food, no shelter, I swear they should just send them somewhere far away from civilization

They should kill this prick and his family. Kill his mother, his brother, his sister, his father, his aunt, his uncles. Wipe them all out.

but we should not have to take care of these people,
they should just send them to some remote island to fend for themselves, no food, no shelter, I swear they should just send them somewhere far away from civilization

Not bad. And if it overcrowds, screw them. Just remove them from the system since it's clear they can't be a functional part of it. I like that.
Sadly it'll never happen. You'd still be paying for airfare, however cheap and uncomfortable it is.

Not bad. And if it overcrowds, screw them. Just remove them from the system since it's clear they can't be a functional part of it. I like that.
Sadly it'll never happen. You'd still be paying for airfare, however cheap and uncomfortable it is.

boat by boat,

the people who were killed just like us, going to see a movie, they did nothing wrong, and it was a massacre, thats the worst part.

This guys insane, and doesnt deserve to live, he killed kids! teenagers for no reason.

Life is so fragile

There is a reason why most countries don't have the death penalty anymore and hopefully more countries will become more civilized. Because it's primitive. We are better than the murderers and we will set an example for them, we are not like them

And that changes nothing. There is and will continue to be murderers who don't care about the 'example' of good people. Any argument you've used against the death penalty for these low lifes is pretty much equally applicable for it. Yes it all seems pointless because it can't change the past but the simple fact is taking this guys life when he took it upon himself to end the lives of 14 innocent people is about as fair as it can get at this point. The pity is he can't be killed 14 times.

Last edited:
It gives them closure and justice.

Good answer, but you can't explain sentiment to someone like Dracula who doesn't even understand something as basic as why we as a people care about the victims of this tragedy. Hes trolling on the tragedy or hes pathetically unaware of how something like this affects people. Either way, karmas a _____. :yess:

Self-defense or defending someone else is the only situation where I see killing justified. Killing a criminal who is in custody/jail and not a harm to anyone anymore is not self-defense. There is a reason why most countries don't have the death penalty anymore and hopefully more countries will become more civilized. Because it's primitive. We are better than the murderers and we will set an example for them, we are not like them.

Anger: I'm judging it on the countless of people who want this guy tortured or dead. This won't solve anything. Could you explain to me how his execution will solve anything for the victims and their families?

how ironic ! isnt your user name all about violence and death of innocence ? much like the guy you dont want see die. i would say in some sub concious matter you are routing for this A hole

Good answer, but you can't explain sentiment to someone like Dracula who doesn't even understand something as basic as why we as a people care about the victims of this tragedy. Hes trolling on the tragedy or hes pathetically unaware of how something like this affects people. Either way, karmas a _____. :yess:

Wow, don't just go around claiming someone is desensitized to other peoples suffering dude.... that's heavy. You know, there is nothing harder than show restraint in light of such tragedy and he did just that. His views may differ from yours in a huge way, but lets show some respect here. He did not disrespect the victims or their families in any way. He simply wants a different type of justice you do.

I use to be a big capital punishment guy. Thing is, if I thought it was really a deterrent I would still be very much a pro capital punishment guy. But it takes so long from the time one kills till the execution that it really has little to no effect. (it should take a long time because that is how our justice system works and we need to know we have the right man) Add to that that a nut is not thinking rationally so even swift justice would not mean a thing. Also many murders are a crime of passion. Which is another can of worms with this subject. Serial Killers and killers like this guy are a different matter. It's really deeper then many like to make it out to be.

I also worry about those that could be executed wrongly. Nothing worse then that.

However I will not care at all if he recieved the death penalty. Once you take a life in such away, IMO you sacrafice your right to life. I have no compasion for him and feel there are bigger issues to discuss then how we treat this killer.

I also find it strange that so many who are against capital punishment tend to be pro choice (not to say anyone here is that way) I just find it strange that people worry more about a killers life then a childs. I should also state I am not talking about times when the mothers life is in danger or in case of rape. And even if you don't thing the child is alive until birth, one can't deny it is a potential human life.

Not to get a pro life pro choice argument going. I just really don't understand the defense of the guilty and the lack of caring for an innocent.

Again I am not saying anyone here feels that way but I have run into many who have those views and actually try to turn the argument the other way. ie "if you are pro life then you can't be pro capital punishment because that is a life"
Enough of the rant.

I feel so much for the families and I am happy to hear that so far it has not directly effected anyone on this board.

Last edited:
I'd understand if the families of the victims reacted emotionally like this, but for people who don't even know the people to somehow want to see the murderer get burned on a pole like a witch is insane.

Wow, don't just go around claiming someone is desensitized to other peoples suffering dude.... that's heavy. You know, there is nothing harder than show restraint in light of such tragedy and he did just that. His views may differ from yours in a huge way, but lets show some respect here. He did not disrespect the victims or their families in any way. He simply wants a different type of justice you do.

Maybe you should read the thread or get off my sac moron. He has already stated he doesn't understand why as a people we have rage towards this guy. Him saying that people that don't agree with his view are insane is showing respect to you? Or you just that dense?

I use to be a big capital punishment guy. Thing is, if I thought it was really a deterrent I would still be very much a pro capital punishment guy. But it takes so long from the time one kills till the execution that it really has little to no effect. (it should take a long time because that is how our justice system works and we need to know we have the right man) Add to that that a nut is not thinking rationally so even swift justice would not mean a thing. Also many murders are a crime of passion. Which is another can of worms with this subject. Serial Killers and killers like this guy are a different matter. It's really deeper then many like to make it out to be.

I also worry about those that could be executed wrongly. Nothing worse then that.

However I will not care at all if he recieved the death penalty. Once you take a life in such away, IMO you sacrafice your right to life. I have no compasion for him and feel there are bigger issues to discuss then how we treat this killer.
My thoughts on the death penalty are if you are 100% guilty then you will receive a speedy trial and a speedy death. I am a firm believer in that the death penalty is not a deterrant because it takes so long for it to happen. If a jury declared this guy guilty and sentenced him to death within a month or sooner, it is my belief that you would see a lot of bull____ murders stop. Not all mind you but a good percentage.

My thoughts on the death penalty are if you are 100% guilty then you will receive a speedy trial and a speedy death. I am a firm believer in that the death penalty is not a deterrant because it takes so long for it to happen. If a jury declared this guy guilty and sentenced him to death within a month or sooner, it is my belief that you would see a lot of bull____ murders stop. Not all mind you but a good percentage.

I can't argue with that. Even if it was not a deterent it would at least be swift justice.

I also find it strange that so many who are against capital punishment tend to be pro choice (not to say anyone here is that way) I just find it strange that people worry more about a killers life then a childs. I should also state I am not talking about times when the mothers life is in danger or in case of rape. And even if you don't thing the child is alive until birth, one can't deny it is a potential human life.

Not to get a pro life pro choice argument going. I just really don't understand the defense of the guilty and the lack of caring for an innocent.

Again I am not saying anyone here feels that way but I have run into many who have those views and actually try to turn the argument the other way. ie "if you are pro life then you can't be pro capital punishment because that is a life"
Enough of the rant.

I feel so much for the families and I am happy to hear that so far it has not directly effected anyone on this board.

I agree completely. :clap

Back