The Bridge Direct's The Hobbit Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i tempted to order the Tauriel 2pk from BBTS cause im sure that will be rare.
At my local Big W store here in OZ they had a lot of the single packs,the 2pk of Tauriel and Legolas and 2pks of the Dwarves...nothing else though :( I would have grabbed the Thorin and Goblin King.
Is the Gandalf and Bolg pack 4 inch scale or 6inch?
TRU here havent gotten stock as of close of business today...their computers say they will get the 6inch figures so i have to keep checking everyday til they arrive.
Can anyone post comp pics of the 6inch figures from this line with a ToyBiz figure when possible please?
Cheers
Glenn

Hi Glenn, I've gone to my local Big W store here in the hope of finding The Hobbit toys but found none. They don't even have it on their website. How come your local Big W already has them?

Is the Gandalf and Bolg pack 4 inch scale or 6inch?

Gandalf/Bolg are 4" scale. And just remember that the Gandalf in that pack is different from the single carded version.

With Lego being able to release their Hobbit material that is not from the first movie - Mirkwood and Barrels, I have to think at this point the rumors of product being pulled are going to fall thru.

Local TRU did another reload of the 4" singles and two-packs. I'm pretty sure all the 4" stuff will be quite common.

picked up the legolas and tauriel 2pk today.nice figures for sml scale.they also had grinnah who looked pretty cool.they had kili/fili.dwalin/balin/gollum/bilbo..single card figures included bilbo thorin.legolas.grinnah.and gtg.nothing at my tru yet.im really hanging for the 5pk..the goblin king pk and the bolg pk..but moreso the 6 inch figures.where is master elrond??

picked up the legolas and tauriel 2pk today.nice figures for sml scale.they also had grinnah who looked pretty cool.they had kili/fili.dwalin/balin/gollum/bilbo..single card figures included bilbo thorin.legolas.grinnah.and gtg.nothing at my tru yet.im really hanging for the 5pk..the goblin king pk and the bolg pk..but moreso the 6 inch figures.where is master elrond??

Hey mate. I managed to pick up a few of these today at Big W. As I wasn't paying attention to these toys before, I thought they would all come the same scale as the Toy Biz figures, i.e. 6" figures. Just found out that there are 3.75" and 6" scale figures. Will only TRU release the 6" figures? Do you know when?

So how do Bridge Direct's 6" line compare to the Toybiz in terms of details and articulation? Any reviews available yet? I want to know if it's worth picking up any Bridge Directs at this point.

Speaking of which, the 3.75" figs wouldn't happen to be the same scale as the Play Along LOTR figs?

im still waiting for my tru here in oz to get stock in as i am wanting to do some comp pics of the 6inch lines.would be interesting putting both legolas figures side by side or even gtg and gimli and thorin.

At the moment these Bridge Direct figures don't jump out at me. Which means I can focus on Weta's releases for now.

yes they are.check your tru when can.i picked up 2 x tauriel.a thorin and a legolas...left gtg and bilbo as i figured i can get them later on.
figures are pretty cool.i only opened tauriel.compared to the toybiz line these are slightly smaller.compared to arwen tauriel is VERY small.i guss 60 yrs will do that to an elf.lol
20bux a pop is way better than current ebay pricing.a friend in melbourne also found some today....

Any feedback regarding the quality differences between this Bridge Direct vs Toybiz, for this 6" line?

Any feedback regarding the quality differences between this Bridge Direct vs Toybiz, for this 6" line?

I can say the BD figures have better than average quality so far. Most have the modern assortment of joints, that are fairly tight with a good range of movement (with the exception of some legs that are hindered by skirts). Paint is fairly clean on most - my Tauriel has some issues, but nothing unheard of.

I'd say these are good caliber figures that most will be happy with for the price.

I can say the BD figures have better than average quality so far. Most have the modern assortment of joints, that are fairly tight with a good range of movement (with the exception of some legs that are hindered by skirts). Paint is fairly clean on most - my Tauriel has some issues, but nothing unheard of.

I'd say these are good caliber figures that most will be happy with for the price.

Is that compared to the LOTR Toybiz figures?

Before I collected SSW, Sideshow, and Weta statues, I started first with those awesome LOTR figures from Toy Biz! (They were all I could afford as I was only in high school then). They were the joy of my life back then, as I patiently wait with eager anticipation the LOTR movies as they were released each year. 11 years has now passed, and that nostalgia is being rekindled once more. Finally, I was able to get hold today of Bridge Direct's The Hobbit toys! :yess: They've finally made it through Aussie toy stores! Big W and Toys R Us stores throughout Australia and Mr. Toys Toyworld (only in Queensland) sell them. None has put them up yet on their website for online ordering. They sell both 3.5" and 6" figures, single-carded and two-packs (3.5") plus the 5-pack figure set. I'm yet to see on the shelves 2-pack Fimbul The Hunter & Warg, Bolg & Gandalf, and Goblin King & Thorin, which I'm confident will be available in the following weeks. Here are some photos. (Sorry for the crap photos; just used mobile phone). :slap

The 6" figures (top) with their 3.5" (bottom) counterpart. All single-carded except for Tauriel which comes with Legolas as 3.5" 2-pack.

8099721958_74b06bebd5_b.jpg

3.5" figures + Grinnah The Goblin.
8099709091_758947b2f8_b.jpg

2-pack 3.5" + 5-figure pack.
8099714996_2a51039dbf_b.jpg

6" and 3.5" size comparison.
8099714593_27ca00dd26_b.jpg

6" figure close-ups.

8099720346_1eba3d09c9_z.jpg

8099719358_86ede2f66a_z.jpg

8099718458_591568c7b8_z.jpg

8099716782_62897ae38d_z.jpg

Tauriel 6".

8099710989_20ff2e7dc7_z.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised to see a single-carded 3.5" Invisible Bilbo which is a nice complement to the 6" Invisible Bilbo 2012 Comic Con exclusive figure. :clap

8099707353_c299b564c4_b.jpg

8099713340_75bf3eabf5_z.jpg

Back