General Grievous PF Custom Cape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kibishii

Super Freak
Reaction score
After lots of trial and error, here is the finished product (well, have to sew the clasp on, but that is easy). The symbol is a mix of dark grey fabric paint and a metallic rubber fabric paint, so it is "shiny" but not glittery. Enjoy
062.jpg

Flexible wire added at the bottom to shape
064.jpg

066.jpg

Shoulder armor covered (my favorite look)
092.jpg

Picture1010.jpg

Here are some more pictures of my personal Grievous!

IMG_3957.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

Hello everyone,

My wife is now taking orders for General Grievous 1/4th capes;
The price is $95 SHIPPED in the US or $105 SHIPPED International. Payment via paypal is the only accepted method.

It takes her about one week to make a cloak and she will only take payment for one cloak at a time. PLEASE do not say that you want a cloak and then back out. My wife buys all of the material at the same time so she can use a coupon and when you back out, it leaves her with about $35 worth of material that cannot be returned. :confused:

*she had to raise the price to cover an increase in the fabric per yard*

Last edited:
Re: General Grievous PF EX cape specs?

I remember a while back someone had a thread about the cape. They had all the specs, measurements and pictures. If I find it I will post it.

Hi Kibishii, what's the running price of Grievous in ebay?

Congrats on getting a Grievous PF!!!

I bet you and your wife could make a KILLING if you produced quite a few of the capes and sold them :cool:

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Hey Kibishii if your wife is able to make one for you let me know for what price she is willing to make one for my Grievous

Went to the fabric store and picked out a perfect grey. Since we didn't have any inhand pictures of the actual Sideshow cape, we used the pictures from the webpage for the red (we got two shades of red to see which one works better with the stitching). We weren't sure whether to use an iron on for the symbol or fabric paint, but after looking more at the Sideshow version, my wife is pretty sure it is fabric paint; I am sure the Chinese factory has a machine to stencil it on. We also got a silver clasp for the cape since I didn't want to use velcro.

The supplies came out to $36, but some of those supplies can be used for alot of capes (the paint, the stencil, the thread) and we got four yards of fabric which should be enough to make two capes. The BIGGEST challenge is going to be the stitching on the inside of the cape and the wire-boning.

017-1.jpg

looks like you're off to a good start :chew

would help but i dun own a GG PF :monkey2

Here's the one I made although its not the exact same measurements as the Sideshow one hope this helps.
100_0403.jpg

G2.jpg

100_0405.jpg

Yeah man, sorry I wasn't home to send you some reference pics. But looks like you got a great start already! Keep us posted on the progress :cool:

I always think that if anybody make customs capes for girevous, would become a rich man on ebay.We are a lot of people that needs a good cape for our regular Grievous.Kibishii, if you cape look nice, you made some other for sell us ?

My wife has been working on it. Once she finished, I will post pictures and if there is interest, I will ask her if she wants to make more.

So far, the stitching on the inside of the cape is going to be the biggest challenge and she is toying with ideas to the wire on the inside of the lighter grey to pose the cape. I am looking forward to her using the stencil-cloth paint to put the symbol on.

~VERY ROUGH WORK IN PROGRESS~

Sorry for the delays, here are some work in progress pictures. My wife had a few delays with the bias tape for the edge of the cape, so she bought some 1/4 inch white and dyed it.

We are probably NOT going to do the diamond stitching on the inside of the cape simply because of the massive amount of time it would take and one little mistake would throw off the entire cape (I am pretty sure the actual EX cape has the stitching printed on it and not real stitch). Plus, without the stitching, we can use a "nicer" fabric on the inside.

Here is the VERY rough beginnings of the cape; just getting the measurements down.

004.jpg

005.jpg

She has started testing out the bias tape; no wire has been put in yet and, obviously, needles are the only things holding the bias tape down. The grey edge of the cape will be 1/2 as wide as it is in the pictures once she does the invisible seam on it.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004-1.jpg

So far so good Kib!! I think it's going to turn out excellent and may look even better than Sideshows version.

looking good so far, show more pics after grevious is done with his accupuncture treatment :naughty

Re: General Grievous PF Custom Cape WIP

Really Amazing!!

Kib, please, give my congrats to your wife, she is doing a very nice work. The cape looks very cool even if don´t includes the interior diamonds, or the external emblem.
I want a Cape like this!!!!!!

Back