Adywans A New Hope re-edit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's doing ESB next, but there won't be nearly as many changes as he made to ANH. The main thing he's focused on is color correction so the snow on Hoth will be white instead of blue and Vader's lightsaber will be red instead of pink. There's an entire thread about it at originaltrilogy.com. :cool:

Oh, he did a hell of a lot better job on the sabers.

Can't wait for RotJ. Get rid of that ^^^^ing music video!

While some is good, some is bad.

Like the music for the Vader/Ben duel is from the ROTS duel. It's not too bad but he has Vader slicing and the cloak falling in slow motion. It's so out of place.

Everyone thinks "they" can do it better lol. People should spend their time creating something new from their own original ideas, not reworking someone elses movie.

Everyone thinks "they" can do it better lol. People should spend their time creating something new from their own original ideas, not reworking someone elses movie.

I agree... and that means Lucas as well ;)

Really, I'd rather see more new content. And why does everyone rework ANH? It's like the one that needs help the least, next to Empire. Everybody talks about how much te prequels lack, go mess with those.

...or are these ANH re-edits made by the next generation that is all about the PT and feels the OT is dated or cheesy?

Have you even seen it or are you just p!ssing all over it just to be a dissenter?
I'd challenge you to watch this edit and say it's not better than George's version of the SE, but something tells me you'd already have your mind made up before even seeing it. :rolleyes:

The "something new" you refer to is the called the EU...and it really sucks.

If you are referring to something outside of Star Wars, fan fiction in general sucks.

Just finished watching. My thoughts:

The music is edited a lot better and makes things a bit more exciting (ie the heroes theme from ROTS during the vader vs ben duel... but its not in your face like you would see in youtube). The inclusion of the Imperial Theme during the final space battle was a cool edition and is surprisingly seamless.

The battles are a lot more exciting and the editing is more in line with what you would see in fx today. I really liked that the Death Star is just about to shoot Yavin when Luke blows it up. You see the green lasers starting to connect in the DS dish when it explodes.

Han shoots first. Never bugged me that Greedo shoots in the SE but the way it was originally shot is more exciting. I also loved the new graphics on the death star plans and the battle monitor.

and yeah, Chewie gets his medal. :chew

Have you even seen it or are you just p!ssing all over it just to be a dissenter?
I'd challenge you to watch this edit and say it's not better than George's version of the SE, but something tells me you'd already have your mind made up before even seeing it. :rolleyes:

Wow, he's made Han shoot first!! :rolleyes:

Yea, I've made up my mind. It's not this guys movie to "improve". Reading that list, he made personal changes to the film as well. People would be ^^^^^ing up a storm if Lucas made a change where one of the dead Stormtroopers heads drop slower cause it's not how they remembered it. :rolleyes:

Yea, I've made up my mind. It's not this guys movie to "improve". Reading that list, he made personal changes to the film as well. People would be ^^^^^ing up a storm if Lucas made a change where one of the dead Stormtroopers heads drop slower cause it's not how they remembered it. :rolleyes:

Meh, the guy loves star wars. He sees things in the official product he thinks he can improve upon. What he is doing is no different than what Les, Josh, Mikey, or any of the other customizers here do.

I liked it. I would definitely watch this version over any of the official versions. :duff

As I originally figured, you're just p!ssing on this without having seen it which gives you ZERO credibility. Keep up the good work. :rolleyes:

From what I've seen and heard, I think this guy should be commended for his extensive and detailed efforts. Far beyond what Lucas would've done, and all the decisions are smart and respectful of the originals.

I'd love to see the full film, and especially own a copy. Unfortunately I can't burn DVDs, and my computer has an itsy-bitsy monitor.
Too bad Lucas would never in a million years allow this to be officially released. He'd make more money and allow fans a choice in viewing.

I've read through the full list of changes, and I flicked through the film quickly today on my computer (too much wedding stuff going on this last week to have time to watch a film lol) but I have to say.. i am IMPRESSED.

The level of detail and depth this guy has gone into is just phenomenal. It's the kind of thing I would do... if i had the time, and the know how, lol. can't wait till I'm back so I can watch this properly. And I don't see this as being any different than customising a figure... it's something you do because you want to. Because it's there. And because you like things to be 'just so'

I kind of like that. :)

(but the level of passion, detail and obsessivness is exactly how you wish the official releases would be treated. Some of the things you watch, and read about the changes, and you thnk "why didn't THEY do that!")

...i love this.

Yeah reading the changes I think he's done mostly the things expected to be fixed in the SE. I didn't need or expect Greedo to shoot first or For Jabba to appear nor Jawa's falling off Rhonto's etc.. I did go expecting colour, SFX ie Holo's to be added (at least to match ROTJ)

Last edited:
I am really looking forward to what he does with ROTJ. I can't wait to see hear Lapti Nek back in its rightful place in Jabba's Palace.

Out of the the OT ROTJ IMO needs the most work - as it is the lightsaber effects are over the top, and the SFX mattes show up to much esp Deathstar and speeder
bikes

Hmmm, going by that trailer some of it looks really cool but some of it doesn't. Those shots of that big grassy planet (Alderaan?) under the Death Star don't look that great. I don't like the way Ben's lightsaber ignites either. If some of its better and some of its worse then is it really any different than the SE's we already have? :lol

I do envy his skills though. I'd be happy with just getting color corrected anamorphic versions of the original non-SE films. I wonder if he's planning on doing that.

I do envy his skills though. I'd be happy with just getting color corrected anamorphic versions of the original non-SE films. I wonder if he's planning on doing that.

He did a version of the SE called the "Purist edition" that only has the color correction and none of his other changes, but I don't think he plans on doing anything with the non-SE version.

Back