Adywans A New Hope re-edit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The file says FILE only. I tried the convert X to dvd, but it also said "Not a video file". Guess I'll just get all 45 of the rar files from rapidshare.

Can someone pm me a link to the DVD9 version.

One site has it, but registration is closed.

Lame. The original ANH is great because of its flaws. These "fixes" suck.

Lame. The original ANH is great because of its flaws. These "fixes" suck.

This isn't meant to replace the original, genius. It's supposed to be an overhaul of the SE that Lucas screwed up in both 1997 and 2004. I thought that was obvious, but I guess not.

Not really. The original was great for a lot of reasons great story, awesome cast and characters, things we've seen or experienced before, flaws I do not remember being one of them.

I just got done watching the whole thing. I liked it. Don't agree with all of the changes, but liked it better than the SE.

I'm all for changes to improve the look of the film, most of which these did. I love the Cantina scene in particular, the blinking and such makes the creatures SO much more realistic. Greedo looks awesome too.

I love the Cantina scene in particular, the blinking and such makes the creatures SO much more realistic. Greedo looks awesome too.

I 100% agree with you. The blinking and movement on the faces turned them from fibre glass headson actors, to weird aliens. Loved that part!

I 100% agree with you. The blinking and movement on the faces turned them from fibre glass headson actors, to weird aliens. Loved that part!

Unfortunately for me I just can't look at it that way. Instead of just watching Greedo talk to Han I see a scene like that and my mind is going "Greedo, Greedo, Greedo, CG blink, Greedo, CG blink, Greedo, etc." That's a problem I have with the official SE's as well. I can't escape the mental countdown to every single update as each one approaches. I'm just too familiar with the originals. That's why I like to watch either the PT or the unaltered original trilogy. Then I can just take the stories as they were presented.

Which version have you guys been downloading?

I've been going for the Rapidshare NTSC DL DVD: 7.9GB, 80 files, 100mb archives, but it's in about 80 parts and takes forever to download. None of the torrents seem to work when I click the "get this torrent button" on the fanedits torrent section.

I want the DVD 9 version since it is the best quality.

To get this version:

NTSC DVD-9 version:
Demonoid

Do you have to be registered at Demonoid as well as fanedit? Demonoid's registration is closed - of course.

Anyone have an invitation code?

** Update **

I think I get it now. You have to download a torrent program and then the torrent document works - check.

Still if anyone has a better/faster way to download or a Demonoid invite let me know.

Last edited:
Which version have you guys been downloading?

I've been going for the Rapidshare NTSC DL DVD: 7.9GB, 80 files, 100mb archives, but it's in about 80 parts and takes forever to download. None of the torrents seem to work when I click the "get this torrent button" on the fanedits torrent section.

I want the DVD 9 version since it is the best quality.

To get this version:

NTSC DVD-9 version:
Demonoid

Do you have to be registered at Demonoid as well as fanedit? Demonoid's registration is closed - of course.

Anyone have an invitation code?

** Update **

I think I get it now. You have to download a torrent program and then the torrent document works - check.

Still if anyone has a better/faster way to download or a Demonoid invite let me know.

I'm in the same boat as well. Can't find a decent link to the DVD9 ver. so I settled for the DVD5 ver. for now.

Same here.

I'm watching the DVD-5 version right now, and it's pretty damn impressive. It is definitely my definitive version from now on.

It's also interesting to note that I downloaded the 1.7g .avi version first, and their are some differences between the two.

In the 1.7g version Obi-Wan cuts off Panda Baba'a arm (a new shot to accurately reflect his lack of human hands) but in the DVD-5 version Obi-Wan cuts off Doctor Evazan's hand. Other than that, they mostly seem identical.

It should also be noted the the new DVD-9 HD version on demonoid does not contain all the edits from the DVD-5 version. From what I understand it is simply a color corrected HD version of the Special Edition, with Han shooting first being the only edit. It takes advantage of a Sony compression technique and is only playable on Blu-ray players.

https://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/THE-STAR-WARS-SAGA-1080P-AVCHD-for-PS3-Blu-Ray-players-to-fit-on-a-DVD-9/topic/9536/

Demonoid seems ot be the only torrent site that has it right now, which sucks because most people don't have a membership.

Last edited:
I'm currently working on the "Star Wars Ep IV - Revisited 2008 NTSC DVD9" version. Try searching on that exact phrase. I don't remember where I got the original pointer but it was not from Demonoid.

The file says FILE only. I tried the convert X to dvd, but it also said "Not a video file". Guess I'll just get all 45 of the rar files from rapidshare.

The file must have been damaged during the download. I downloaded again yesterday and everything seems great. Playback on my toshiba A-30 HDDVD player is not working. About every ten seconds the disk freezes. Viewed it with my standard player. Great additions and subtractions to the movie as a whole. I'm not feeling the Obi-Vader duel with the ROTS music underneath. The music sounds low in the mix. Perhaps more viewings will help!

Yup, Jar Jar and Bail Organa. It was a "deleted scene" that he chose not to put in his edit. :)

I finally have 22 of the 80 Rapidshare files DL'ed for the DVD9 version. I'm using the free repidshare option - not paying for extra downloads. Hopefully by the weekend I'll have enough time to finish the downloads and enjoy this thing.

Nice Alderaan shot. ;)

Back