Adywans A New Hope re-edit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If some of its better and some of its worse then is it really any different than the SE's we already have? :lol

Trust me, the good in his edit FAR outweighs the bad and is light years ahead of what Lucas did in 1997 and 2004. :cool:

The Death Star battle footage certainly looked great. I checked that site you mentioned where he discusses ESB: Revisited and some other things he's doing in hi-def. I'll have to watch one of his versions to get the full effect.

I actually will never enjoy Star Wars quite as much, anymore.... This is the way it SHOULD have been done in the first place, and I now I'll always notice the glaring absence of some of Adywan's additions.

Question: Does anyone have a favorite program they can recommend for burning AVI to DVD? I just used Windows movie maker, and the aspect ratio is all screwed up for my wide-screen TV. I think it burned it at 4:3. Is there something that works better? Thanks for any help.....

Question: Does anyone have a favorite program they can recommend for burning AVI to DVD? I just used Windows movie maker, and the aspect ratio is all screwed up for my wide-screen TV. I think it burned it at 4:3. Is there something that works better? Thanks for any help.....

Convert X to DVD is the best program out there IMHO. :cool:

I looked over this thread and either missed it or it's not here, does anyone have a link or something on where to get this from?

I've seen this numerous times and I love it ! The space battle is fantastic, the way it should have been done.

Sean, if you have any trouble getting hold of this drop me a line and we'll see what we can do for you ;)

How do you burn an avi file to dvd and is there a terrible loss of quality? Anyone tried it?

How do you burn an avi file to dvd and is there a terrible loss of quality? Anyone tried it?

Yup, I tried Windows movie maker, (and one other program I downloaded for the purpose) but found out that AVI to DVD is a bit problematic... The video is a little fuzzy (but I'm not sure how high the quality of the AVI I downloaded was in the first place, so it may differ) but the big problem I have is that the aspect ratio doesn't come out right.

Right now I'm downloading an actual DVD rip of it that I hope will solve both problems. It's a BIG file, almost 8 GB, so I'm hoping the quality is all there. Go here: https://fanedit.org/517/ and about midway down you'll see the Rapidshare d/l links.

I've got my fingers crossed......

That's Adywan's DVD9 version which is the highest quality offering you can get. It's got some of his bonus features in addition to the edit so it's definitely the preferred version you can download. Good luck!!!

Right now I'm downloading an actual DVD rip of it that I hope will solve both problems. It's a BIG file, almost 8 GB, so I'm hoping the quality is all there. Go here: https://fanedit.org/517/ and about midway down you'll see the Rapidshare d/l links.

I've got my fingers crossed......

So with that DVD rip can you burn it straight to a DVD without modification, compression, AVI transfers, etc. Assuming you have a dual layer 8GB disc?

Any Mac users out there have recommendations - never really done this before.

Help please! I know nothing about btorrent. I d-loaded the NTSC SL 5 file using btor. The file was d-loaded and is there, but I can't do anything with it. It says that it is not a video file. Do I try to burn this file directly to a dvd? Do I have to rename it? Does the file need to be converted somehow? HELP! I need to see this! Detailed instructions please! Thanks-MT.

What is the file type? If it's an ISO you just use a program like IMGBurn and if it's a VideoTS folder you use something like DVD Shrink. You can also use the program I mentioned before: Convert X to DVD. You might also be able to find answers to these questions in Adywan's thread over at originaltrilogy.com.

So with that DVD rip can you burn it straight to a DVD without modification, compression, AVI transfers, etc. Assuming you have a dual layer 8GB disc?

Any Mac users out there have recommendations - never really done this before.

That's what I'm hoping happens, but I'm just making this up as I go. I'm no techno-guy, and this sort of thing always leaves me :banghead

Just watched it, mostly happy with it, overall better then the standard SE, most changes I like some not
Use Apollo DIVX to DVD convertor simple as pic the file, choose the format & ratio then Burn. If the ratio doesn't work it may be your setting on the DVD player or TV that needs adjusting, for me it was the DVD player setting from Widescreen tv to Standard letterbox format and then it worked fine

Back