Adywans A New Hope re-edit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just burned the same download -- "Star Wars Ep IV - Revisited 2008 NTSC DVD9" -- onto DVD (Gotta be the big 8Gig ones) and man, oh man, oh man, oh man. Fantastic. The aspect ratio is correct, the menus work great, and the extras are really cool. Includes the extended Alderaan destruction sequence with the exploding continents, (and JarJar dies, YAY!!!!) the Luke/Biggs scene from the beginning where Biggs discusses joining the rebels... Way too bad he couldn't clean it up enough to use that; it adds a really neat flavour to the whole rebellion that was lacking before.

This will be the only Star Wars I watch from now on. Until, that is, I dig out the old VHS versions to show my kids what magic Lucas managed to do with plain old cameras and plastic models. Nothing will ever top that.

Just burned ANH revisited to a DVD 9 and simply blown away by the quality of it all - this is 'THE' Version of Star Wars, IMO The amt of changes/corrections and additions was, to me, mind blowing. Death Star sequence is exciting again and feels 'modern' in a way that not even the S.E. pulled off. Love how he did a 'purist' edition for those that are not as jazzed by some of the changes too - burned both as they both rock.

Links can be found here to download, but need to be a forum member

https://tehparadox.com/forum/f100/adywans-star-wars-revisited-198665/

Last edited:
Just burned ANH revisited to a DVD 9 and simply blown away by the quality of it all - this is 'THE' Version of Star Wars. The amt of changes/corrections and additions was, to me, mind blowing. Death Star sequence is exciting again and feels 'modern' in a way that not even the S.E. pulled off

Links can be found here to download, but need to be a forum member

https://tehparadox.com/forum/f100/adywans-star-wars-revisited-198665/

I don't normally download stuff from the internet, can someone explain how to download these files? I registered with the forum. And are all versions the same? I know the difference between PAL and NTSC but what are the other versions?

By the way, I use a Mac. These files will work on a Mac?

Sean

You'll want the NTSC DL DVD versions (dual layer DVD, higher quality, uncompressed)

These are all rapidshare links, basically you just enter the urls and download all the files. There are programs that can queue up all the rapidshare links and DL them for you, but that's beyond the scope of this board. Once you've got them all downloaded, then unRAR them, google 'rar for mac' and install that, then just double click on one of the rar files, and follow the prompts. It will unzip into an ISO that you can burn to a DVD.

Yup, and I used Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 - which is free..

when you download and extract the rapidshare to an ISO file, you simply click on the 'burn iso to disk' option and about 15 min later, you have a disk

As SH indicated, use a DVD-R DL - I got a 10 pack at Target for $15 - may be better deals but just drove there.

If you are U.S. use NTSC and Europe PAL -

The purist edition seems to take out some of the extra space battle stuff - if you love space battles, download the NTSC DL DVD option (first links on that page)

Only change he made that I don't agree with: Vader's lenses now black instead of the red that actually were. Given that's my only beef with this fan edit, you can tell I absolutely love it. watched ANH twice in last 2 days and digging it big time

Gonna use this for my DVD cover art

Last edited:
So, Ady's already got ROTS: Revisited in his head, and the plan is to put the 'final' duel in the middle, and have suited Vader invade the Jedi Temple.

Don't know what his gameplan is for tackling the edits, but a ROTS: Revisited seems like it would be 20+ years away. . .

:thud:

Read on his page he is no longer doing PT. I know they were not the greatest, but would have liked to watch what he would have done with those. I sure liked PT more than TFA or R1, refuse to watch TLJ.

Read on his page he is no longer doing PT. I know they were not the greatest, but would have liked to watch what he would have done with those. I sure liked PT more than TFA or R1, refuse to watch TLJ.

yeah that is a pity, although I understand his points.

I usually watch these fanedits in case someone wants to try:

Episode I - Shadow of the Sith by L8wrtr
Episode II - The Republic Divided by L8wrtr
Episode III - Labyrinth of Evil by HAL9000

these are my favourites.

Back