'BACK IN BLACK' Spider-Man Comiquette- SOLD OUT, waitlist available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'BACK IN BLACK' Spider-Man Comiquette up NOW.

If the anticipated ES is 1500, then an announcement of 1250 would be fine with me. :) Look at Stealth Iron Man at 1250, it does well even at a high ES. I would like to see this one hold its value that's all. I hate buying it and find out it's half the price on eBay down the road.

You never know...If the ES is at 1500, and only 750 are reserved today...and nothing more for another month, you bet they'll going lower it or esle they'll be sitting with 750 in the warehouse = loss everyday. I'm sure Sideshow is hoping to sell as many as they can, but if the negative comments continue, then our wish can come true :)

IM also had the original that was already selling for very high and the SIM featured light up which a lot of people think is cool.

Its apples and oranges comparing this to the Stealth Iron Man Comiquette. The Red/Gold had been demanding outrageous prices on the secondary market and many people view that as a change to have an Iron Man 1/4 Collectible at retail during the hype of the Iron Man film coming and avoid eBay. This piece was released less than 6 months than the original piece of Iron Spider-man so there isn't any hype and there has already been a Spider-Man piece that was selling ridiculously on eBay before that which is why so many people leaped there. Its oversaturation of the market. Same is true with the Iron Man pieces, too much at one time despite how good they are or aren't.

If there was a good distance between pieces both Iron Man and Spider-Man pieces with different characters in between it'd give people a chance to get rehyped over the releases.

ya, pretty much what I wanted to say. this just feels like they're milking the sculpt a little.

Looks pretty cool but prefers a new sculpt rather than a repaint. SS is a genius.

SIM had an ES of 1250 and sold out in a matter of minutes. This has been on sale now for three days and STILL is available. I have full intention of buying this as I think it is a GREAT piece, but if the ES is outrageous, it doesn't make sense to buy it directly from Sideshow because it will be cheaper from other sources.

i think the sim sell out has alot of people panicing when the orders go up, but you have to remmember that most of them where sold at sdcc, and only a hand full were left for sale for online.

I just noticed that the Iron spiderman was $30 more ($299.99 vs. $269.99). Just an FYI.

Probably due to the arms. Although I think it makes it less likely that it has a lower ES since it seems Sideshow usually charges a higher price for the low ES variants (or repaints if you prefer).

Why must they use the same scuplt that sucks. I love the black costume. I ordered the iron spiderman. This is like kotobukiya using the same scuplt and just changing the paint. Other than the base which is abit different.

At least SS changed the base.. not like Koto, nothing new has changed...

Its apples and oranges comparing this to the Stealth Iron Man Comiquette. The Red/Gold had been demanding outrageous prices on the secondary market and many people view that as a change to have an Iron Man 1/4 Collectible at retail during the hype of the Iron Man film coming and avoid eBay. This piece was released less than 6 months than the original piece of Iron Spider-man so there isn't any hype and there has already been a Spider-Man piece that was selling ridiculously on eBay before that which is why so many people leaped there. Its oversaturation of the market. Same is true with the Iron Man pieces, too much at one time despite how good they are or aren't.

If there was a good distance between pieces both Iron Man and Spider-Man pieces with different characters in between it'd give people a chance to get rehyped over the releases.
GREAT POINT. THAnx

You never know...If the ES is at 1500, and only 750 are reserved today...and nothing more for another month, you bet they'll going lower it or esle they'll be sitting with 750 in the warehouse = loss everyday. I'm sure Sideshow is hoping to sell as many as they can, but if the negative comments continue, then our wish can come true :)

If that happens it may be a first. Once the ES is announced that is pretty much it. They have only been changed in the past to increase the ES but never to decrease (Doom PF, Grey Hulk PF, etc). They rather sit on product, put it on sale, gift card, giveaways, etc. than to lower an already announced ES once cancellations roll in.

I was thinking that the ES is known to sideshow only and not to the public. Currently, it's TBD status. I'm sure Sideshow has already set in their mind what they want the ES to be. They can change their anticipated ES if there's no demand for it. Why make their anticipated ES of 2000 if only 500 is reserved at the moment? Since the public does not know the anticipated ES of 2000, they can change it to 1000 ES and hope that they'll be able to sell the remainder 500 down the road.

They need to sell as many of them to pay off the sculptor and make money for themselves in order to stay in business. So i'm sure they have the antcipated ES figured out already. If they can't reach their goal, then they'll mark it down as a loss with this statue and move on to the next project.

If that happens it may be a first. Once the ES is announced that is pretty much it. They have only been changed in the past to increase the ES but never to decrease (Doom PF, Grey Hulk PF, etc). They rather sit on product, put it on sale, gift card, giveaways, etc. than to lower an already announced ES once cancellations roll in.

Well, do you think SS will annouce the ES this week? ;)

That's just it: I think the ES for most of their product is based on orders. The artificial demand (demand created by speculators) sets the ES. No matter how many products they see themselves putting on giftcard, discounted, giveaways, etc. they continue to operate like this.

I would agree that in the past the ES were more planned ahead with more thought/consideration to "collectability". The exclusives used to be around 500 or less in the Marvel lines

That's just it: I think the ES for most of their product is based on orders. The artificial demand (demand created by speculators) sets the ES. No matter how many products they see themselves putting on giftcard, discounted, giveaways, etc. they continue to operate like this.

I would agree that in the past the ES were more planned ahead with more thought/consideration to "collectability". The exclusives used to be around 500 or less in the Marvel lines

Agree!!!:rock2

Yep.. 100% agreed. Same thing happened to the Market.

they will get burned by this.. it will take some time though before they go back... and the Nightmare of the PPO will return! :lol

Yep.. 100% agreed. Same thing happened to the Market.

they will get burned by this.. it will take some time though before they go back... and the Nightmare of the PPO will return! :lol

Is "PPO" = pre-paid purchase order? So when you say "nightmare" I assume Sideshow had a similar policy in the past?

I was actually going to say that I would like to see Sideshow request a non-refundable deposit with every order to help discourage so many people from merely pre-ordering and canceling months down the road. It has to have a substantial impact on the ES size. I truly feel this would "weed" out about half of those people and potentially cut the ES in half as well. I know a lot of people will probably disagree but I really miss those days of small ES.

Yes, its when the site becomes streamlined to handle high traffic orders usually occurring on Friday mornings. Big Star Wars releases have been PPO'd and a few from other licensees.

Is "PPO" = pre-paid purchase order? So when you say "nightmare" I assume Sideshow had a similar policy in the past?

I was actually going to say that I would like to see Sideshow request a non-refundable deposit with every order to help discourage so many people from merely pre-ordering and canceling months down the road. It has to have a substantial impact on the ES size. I truly feel this would "weed" out about half of those people and potentially cut the ES in half as well. I know a lot of people will probably disagree but I really miss those days of small ES.

I dont know about a lot of people here, but i order only the pieces that interest me regardless of ES, and i like the fact that i could cancel an order without penalty if for some reason i cant afford it when its about to ship. in fact i had to do just that the past few weeks cause to much stuff was coming out at once. it hurts the wallet you know:monkey2

Back