'BACK IN BLACK' Spider-Man Comiquette- SOLD OUT, waitlist available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'BACK IN BLACK' Spider-Man Comiquette up NOW.

This is one case where I want the red/blue version variant. I think it'd be neat to have all three modern looks next to one another. As for the repaint argument, it was an opportunity to make a differing piece with little alterations because the "Back in Black" version has the same eyemask styling and basic Spider shape so all that had to really be done is small resculpting on the spider to connect it, add the longer legs and sculpt one on the back. Just like the Grey Hulk needed a fresh coat of paint and a new pair of jeans. The spider alterations on the front and adding on the back are the new pair of jeans.

Nice, someone should make a 1/6 version of this and the Iron Spider-man

I ordered it, but I'm not sure if it is a keeper. I like the Iron Spidey but this one... I haven't put my mind around it yet.

This is one case where I want the red/blue version variant. I think it'd be neat to have all three modern looks next to one another. As for the repaint argument, it was an opportunity to make a differing piece with little alterations because the "Back in Black" version has the same eyemask styling and basic Spider shape so all that had to really be done is small resculpting on the spider to connect it, add the longer legs and sculpt one on the back. Just like the Grey Hulk needed a fresh coat of paint and a new pair of jeans. The spider alterations on the front and adding on the back are the new pair of jeans.

but i wonder why they decided to make so few of the grey hulks, and so many of the black spideys :confused: cause i bet if they made less than 500, a lot of u haters would b all over it :rolleyes:

I agree. I'd like a red and blue version of this. I really like this sculpt. It's so original and refreshing. I'm so bored with Spider man always crouching down on a ledge.

I agree. I'd like a red and blue version of this. I really like this sculpt. It's so original and refreshing. I'm so bored with Spider man always crouching down on a ledge.

Alright then, Ex version 'red and blue version' of ES 300 to be grab... sounds good? :naughty

I think this pose is OK for the black costume but I don't like the pose for the red & blue costume.

i like black spidey n all but this pose just doesn't look all that good for him.

I hope all of these negative comments lead to a LOW ES. Please :) Who knows...if it doesn't sell out, then maybe they'll lower their anticipated ES down.

I hope all of these negative comments lead to a LOW ES. Please :) Who knows...if it doesn't sell out, then maybe they'll lower their anticipated ES down.

Agreed! :rock I would love to see a low ES announcement and hear the response.

Agreed! :rock I would love to see a low ES announcement and hear the response.

At 2 per person and Ad's ordering alot to sell on there sites a low edition size isnt gonna happen.

This is going to be close to 1500 ES.

At 2 per person and Ad's ordering alot to sell on there sites a low edition size isnt gonna happen.

I definitely see your point. I'm just saying I HOPE a surprisingly low ES announcement is made.

If the anticipated ES is 1500, then an announcement of 1250 would be fine with me. :) Look at Stealth Iron Man at 1250, it does well even at a high ES. I would like to see this one hold its value that's all. I hate buying it and find out it's half the price on eBay down the road.

You never know...If the ES is at 1500, and only 750 are reserved today...and nothing more for another month, you bet they'll going lower it or esle they'll be sitting with 750 in the warehouse = loss everyday. I'm sure Sideshow is hoping to sell as many as they can, but if the negative comments continue, then our wish can come true :)

If the anticipated ES is 1500, then an announcement of 1250 would be fine with me. :) Look at Stealth Iron Man at 1250, it does well even at a high ES. I would like to see this one hold its value that's all. I hate buying it and find out it's half the price on eBay down the road.

You never know...If the ES is at 1500, and only 750 are reserved today...and nothing more for another month, you bet they'll going lower it or esle they'll be sitting with 750 in the warehouse = loss everyday. I'm sure Sideshow is hoping to sell as many as they can, but if the negative comments continue, then our wish can come true :)

SIM had an ES of 1250 and sold out in a matter of minutes. This has been on sale now for three days and STILL is available. I have full intention of buying this as I think it is a GREAT piece, but if the ES is outrageous, it doesn't make sense to buy it directly from Sideshow because it will be cheaper from other sources.

Its apples and oranges comparing this to the Stealth Iron Man Comiquette. The Red/Gold had been demanding outrageous prices on the secondary market and many people view that as a change to have an Iron Man 1/4 Collectible at retail during the hype of the Iron Man film coming and avoid eBay. This piece was released less than 6 months than the original piece of Iron Spider-man so there isn't any hype and there has already been a Spider-Man piece that was selling ridiculously on eBay before that which is why so many people leaped there. Its oversaturation of the market. Same is true with the Iron Man pieces, too much at one time despite how good they are or aren't.

If there was a good distance between pieces both Iron Man and Spider-Man pieces with different characters in between it'd give people a chance to get rehyped over the releases.

Back