Body Comparisons for Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a quick n dirty modification to the Hot Toys shoulder joints I did a couple nights ago. This body will be covered with clothing, so I care more about proportions than aesthetics of the plastic surface in this case.

That actually looks great. I may try that on the body on my Kroenen.

Nice body Justin but it seems more apt for military guys and not so much for the average joe.

That Toy Soldier body is what I've been using for my Daniel Craig Bond figures. The joints do need tightening; I'll have to look into what Justin's figured out there.

As promised, here's a look at some recent, and not-so-recent, bodies available out there:

CompareMale.jpg

I like that ACE Workshop one. Has a realistic mid torso; thicker. Gotta get me that one.

The answer to that is, pants are a problem. The waist is thicker than most -- I may have to find pants from an ACE boxed figure.

Meanwhile, I know I'm way late doing a female comp, but here's a bit of news from this morning's Triad newsletter. Yeah, I know, you have to take the release date with a grain of salt, but:

9.jpg

Can't tell whether there is articulation below the breastplate, or if the torso is one piece. Looks like one piece to me. I've also noticed that Louie seems to believe in shorter necks on female figures. Nothing in the newsletter about the male EVO body, though, or the female EVA. They're definitely articulated at mid-torso, and definitely still out on the horizon somewhere.

Edit: I just noticed that this is my 1300th post...

The answer to that is, pants are a problem. The waist is thicker than most -- I may have to find pants from an ACE boxed figure.

Meanwhile, I know I'm way late doing a female comp, but here's a bit of news from this morning's Triad newsletter. Yeah, I know, you have to take the release date with a grain of salt, but:

9.jpg

Can't tell whether there is articulation below the breastplate, or if the torso is one piece. Looks like one piece to me. I've also noticed that Louie seems to believe in shorter necks on female figures. Nothing in the newsletter about the male EVO body, though, or the female EVA. They're definitely articulated at mid-torso, and definitely still out on the horizon somewhere.

Edit: I just noticed that this is my 1300th post...

Congrats on your 1300th Gruff!
And....
DAMN! I Want a whole SLEW of those!!!! C'mon Louie! Get with it! :rock

I made a page on my website about the comparison between the different 12" bodies. It's not updated but I shall do it soon. I'm also working on the same thing with female bodies, I have 25 differents.
So you can see it in https://www.limitedtoysdesign.com/index07.html and on the left, you'll click on Corps/Bodies Gallery, the purple case.

for those of you wondering, this is the first of the bodies being released by Triad. the EVO/EVA will be the most articulated ment for more action-y outfits and Otaku is the least for more reveling get-ups.

If anyone is interested, I just bought some Magic Sculpt and I must say, this is a must have for anyone that is interested in customizing. You can mold it on to anything and it will harden rock solid overnight.

They came out cheap on eBay, then shot up in price when customizers discovered them, and seem to have settled down again to around $20. Do a search for "ACE MK-1." It'll be an Asian seller -- toyshomeb2, store-rooms (manhohole), or actiontoyshk2614. Some sell them without the heads or necks. Some sell them without hands. Look at the picture carefully, so you get a complete one. When they come up, the seller will probably have 40 of them at a Buy It Now price.

I really, really like this body and am at work on a custom using one. The only negatives I can note are that the waist is too big for most of the ready-made pants out there; there's more of the wrist-ball exposed than I like; and obviously this one isn't made for bare shoulders.

It's capacity for natural poses is just fantastic.

'Good Stuff to Go' has two types (just different head sculpts).

Back