Body Comparisons for Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how I missed this. Thanks very much for the very informative comparisons, Gruff Old Bear. I really like the look of the ACE body and have heard very good things about it. I like the natural set of the shoulders in particular. GOB, have you tried putting HT Jack Sparrow's trousers on the ACE? Those pants are pretty loose on mine and was wondering if it just might fit better on the ACE. I'm headed for Hong Kong in a week and I will definitely keep my eyes open for some nude ACE bodies. Thanks again!

Last edited:
As promised, here's a look at some recent, and not-so-recent, bodies available out there:

CompareMale.jpg

Sorry to cause people with small displays to scroll sideways. The yellow lines indicate where I measured from -- basically, the top of the visible part of the neck and none of the part that would hide inside a head. Where the shoulders are uneven, it's to indicate that the shoulders are able to hold poses at different heights. The one identified as a BBI G3.5 was an eBay purchase and the manufacturer's mark has been obliterated, so I'm guessing based on photos.

Female body comparisons to come. I don't have as many of those.

love this comparison! anyone think the Barrack Sgt has some strange proportions? just got one and at 1st i thought it had a case of Luke monkey arms but i compared it w/ others and it does look "monkeyish" but not so much because of the arms, but more the very short torso or core body. from pelvis to neck it's much shorter than any other bod i have. closest is Medicom, (tho the Worthfield Real Guy looks close in Wor's pic above). so how's the BS looks clothed? anyone w/ pics of it w/ arms at it's side? (best way to tell monkey).

oh and i'm kinda liking the Real Guy look (not that way sickos). what kind of hands can it take (again, sickos)?

I just ordered an Ace body off eBay... should be here soon. Very interested in getting to work with it.

I had meant to start a thread for fem bodies and never did it. Thanks for the reminder. I can include a HT Ripley. Maybe by mid-week. In fact, I should wait until I can include an Otaku. :joy

The ACE body is available from Good Stuff to Go for $25.

Can't wait Gruff. Could you post a pic of the Hot Toys body in the Aayla thread soon? No need for a comparison. Thanks!!

Anyone have an opinion about the Worthfield 'real guy' figure? You can take out the ankle join to make him shorter if need be, but I think it would look too disproportionate if you did that. Not a bad price at $20 though.
https://www.worthfield.com/realguy.html
realguy.html

I'm not terribly fond of them. They make ok filler bodies but I don't use them for main figures. I've found the hands suck and the joints to be less than weak.

The Ace body looks good, but the waist seems a bit wide. Might not be able to use a lot of clothes on it.

So far, most stuff has fit for me, if tightly. I was surprised to find that Sideshow's Hellboy pants pretty fit well.

2499717675_ab0f666c06_o.png

The Ace body looks good, but the waist seems a bit wide. Might not be able to use a lot of clothes on it.

that is a true statement........i had to split the waistline on the camo pants for a dutch custom i made. and i had 4 different pairs & none fit.

You are quite right EF. Thanks to Gruff's photo comparison, I knew the shoulders would be too wide, and the waist too thick to fit the clothing of most figures...but perfect for a character that used the Sideshow big boy...

IMG_0647_edit.jpg

For those who are interested pics of the old style Medicom body. It's actually a pretty decent body if not terribly posable. It has some really nice sculpting on the upper torso and would be good for some shirtless customs I would think. I might use it for a civilian clothed Ichi bash.

This was my first Medicom figure and I replaced the body with a new RAH 301 (my first of that body type). I have heard a lot of bad rumblings about Medicom's bodies. Mostly that they're out of scale (which I will get to) but also that they are feel kinda flimsy and have heard tell of weak joints. Well from my experience with these two generations of bodies they are both very well made and sturdy. The joints on the 301 are very tight and feel like they will stay that way. The legs where able to hold extreme poses (such as a kicking pose) even under a very tight neoprene body suit.

As far as the scale goes, I think that a lot of the newer figures (for example the Star Wars figures) may have scaled down heads to make the whole figure appear taller on a smaller body. This in effect doesn't just make for a short figure but a totally out of scale figure. Ichi though, is an older figure (2000) and even on a new 301 body is not out of scale with the rest of my figures, he's just shorter and not that much shorter. As you see below the old Medicom body isn't that much shorter than Dragon Neo and is definitely not out of scale. I feel better now about maybe buying a figure or two from Medicom.

Also of note, which I wish I knew before I paid $8 for a pair of new Medicom hands, the old Medicom hands fit the new body perfectly if you cut the wrst peg just a bit shorter, something that takes just a few seconds.

2561460586_6d436eff9c.jpg

2561461320_ff7f5dda85.jpg

2561462126_b4295fefe7.jpg

I had meant to start a thread for fem bodies and never did it. Thanks for the reminder. I can include a HT Ripley. Maybe by mid-week. In fact, I should wait until I can include an Otaku. :joy

The ACE body is available from Good Stuff to Go for $25.

Hey Gruff, any update on the female body comparison?

Sorry guys. Been dealing with termite prevention and all my stuff is upside down. I'm putting my garage back together tomorrow and Saturday, so I'll set fembods aside as they turn up, and as I try to reclaim my work bench area.

At least I got it done before the termites arrived. My neighbor across the street has to get tented. I've just got a fence post to replace, and it's about as far from my house as it could possibly get. Still too close for comfort.

Back