Body Comparisons for Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder whether you guys could help....I have the ACE Workshop body for a custom and haven't been able to find some camo trousers for it yet that are big enough round the waist.......:( any ideas would be really appreciated.

The SOTW are a little thicker around the middle and may have bigger pants.

So I've got a problem. My Joker thinks he is too sexy to button up his nurse outfit.

dsc00484wg9.jpg

Wor-Gar suggested cutting down the body, but what exactly is the best way to do that? I just need to take enough off that the dress will snap shut.

So I've got a problem. My Joker thinks he is too sexy to button up his nurse outfit.

dsc00484wg9.jpg

Wor-Gar suggested cutting down the body, but what exactly is the best way to do that? I just need to take enough off that the dress will snap shut.

Pjam said he moved the belt/snap or something to solve the problem. Not sure what the outcome was though. Maybe PM him first before you start cutting. Or maybe just slit the back open if worse comes to worse and either sew some material back there or just put a white t-shirt on him so the split doesn't show.

From the look of the picture though, cutting the torso down may not be an option. That looks like a pretty tight fit. You may need a whole different body.

Well the top one can button, but the ab area won't, it is REALLY close though. I'm sure I could shed off a few areas and it would work. Just need to know what the best method for that would be.

PS Its just a Dragon body.

Well the top one can button, but the ab area won't, it is REALLY close though. I'm sure I could shed off a few areas and it would work. Just need to know what the best method for that would be.

PS Its just a Dragon body.

Try shaving the sides of the torso with an exacto blade. If you only need a little bit.

Or, easier fix, you could slit the back of the nurse outfit and put a white tshirt on him so the split doesn't show.

I know that this is a very old thread. But, WOW is it informative (the search engine on the forum rules)! I've been looking into making a few customs for my Metal Gear Solid figures, but didn't know the specific sizes of the bodies.

Just come across this thread, it's brilliant, very informative.

I hope this bump enables more collectors to see it who might have missed it!

I have a question, are the BBi g3.5 and true type similar in size? I know they look to be around the same size in the picture but I suppose i'd have to see them in hand to be sure.

There are some overalls I want to buy on e-bay by Very Hot, who I think use the BBi g3.5 body? Well i'd like to use them on a truetype regular (not narrowed shoulder etc)

Was just wondering if they'd fit the hot toys in the same way they'd fit the BBi. I wouldn't want the sleeves to ride up too much in poses and the legs of the overalls to be too short etc.

Thanks for any help!

I missed this thread too somehow, even though Gruff said he'd be posting it way back when! Anyway, great to finally check it out.

Some of the figures that weren't available before should be here soon (Triad EVO & EVA), as well as some new ones that have already been released (HT Narrow Shoulder and Slim, etc). Maybe a few new body comparison pics can be added soon, both male and female.

Yeah, when a few new bodies arrive I should do a more limited update, featuring only the bodies I've actually found myself using. The Triad EVO and Alpha bodies and the Go-Hero/Executive Replica Atomodel bodies are looking to be the "tall" bodies to work with, and they are TALL. (EVOs aren't here yet, but are listed as fitting all outfits made for the Alpha.)

The Hot Toys Narrow Shoulder could be the new "regular height" standard. The Soldier Story body, which Triad protested was a steal of the EVO, may turn out to be the EVO's shorter little brother...but its ankles are a pain.

For shorter figures, the Volks Neo-Guy is still a good one, and Volks is shutting down many of its other lines and introducing some new replacements next year.

This may be the year I do some serious Frankenstein-type work to devise a long tall slim-shouldered figure. :cool:

Sounds great! No need to do the whole lineup again anyway, but it would be nice to have a reference with comparative heights of some of the newer figures to expand the choices already available.

I also like the Volks Neo-Guy, and luckily they're still available at the Volks outlet in Osaka for fairly reasonable prices. I didn't know they were planning to replace the Neo, tho. Guess I should drop in there and see what's up.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the new ones. Hopefully they'll make some more life-like, non-anime type female bodies this time around, too!

I wish someone would start making DIY customizable figure bodies, I mean bodies that can be easily built up from interchangeable parts fit to one's particular needs; tall, short, muscular, lean, or whatever. Maybe they could offer it as a basic customizing kit or something. Hopefully it won't be too long before some company has the same idea. Just think of the possibilities...

Back