Collection Intervention on Syfy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emarae,

Don't let your wife watch the episode. They kept the part in where you admit you spent $1,000 on the custom Willy Wonka. :lecture

:lol

Oh oh! This one is gonna be tough to explain! Time to place some well placed coughs when we do get around to seeing this episode! Either that or mama's gonna need some new shoes or something! :lol

With how they made him look, he should brace himself then. :lecture

I totally agree with nam...i just watched 3 minutes of the show and emarea's wife breaks down crying 'cause she believe you could be a better father. I could post a link so you could watch the show...but i don't know if against the forum rules

I got some good stuff out of the show, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. It was just hard to do the show when we did due to the timing and me not being physically 100% at the time. This was what I was trying to express in my quotes that were taken out of context with me BSing with my buddies. Anyhow, like I mentioned, I sold some stuff, got to meet some cool folks and old friends, got a great art software, they cleaned our house and helped organize my garage which was a mess for years, so it turned out cool for us.

I wish they'd focus more on the organization and displaying of collections rather than trying to get people to sell off their stuff. Actually, except for the Barbie collector cleaning out her sons' closets, I don't think they've shown anyone with an "after" look at their collection.

I wish they'd focus more on the organization and displaying of collections rather than trying to get people to sell off their stuff. Actually, except for the Barbie collector cleaning out her sons' closets, I don't think they've shown anyone with an "after" look at their collection.

what an insane concept batty............:cuckoo:

drama is the "in thing"................get with the programming............:lecture

Yeah, that would be more interesting... I was going to delete the episode after it started until I saw he had the Rainman Wonka :lol

Thanks for sharing your experiences on the show... it is unfortunate that the goal of the show does seem to be painting collectors they showcase as "troubled" and obsessive. Some certainly are, but no need to make it seem worse.

I totally agree with nam...i just watched 3 minutes of the show and emarea's wife breaks down crying 'cause she believe you could be a better father. I could post a link so you could watch the show...but i don't know if against the forum rules

Seriously? I didn't hear anything from the wife about her crying... Hmm..! I'll get a copy of the show soon. No worries, bro!

so....how big are Elyse's boobs? inquiring minds want to know :lol

I'm not gonna go there! :lol

Yeah, I was hoping they would help out more with the organizing and displaying of the collection. Since I don't have a lot of time to do that myself, I was hoping the show would involve people helping set up new displays and organizing the collection to showcase better. Not exactly how I imagined it would turn out, but oh well... It was an experience!

I hear ya. Unfortunately, it looks like the goal of this show is to make collectors look like oddball hoarders with social issues. And they get to that through staging situations and using things out of context to make people feel uncomfortable (or at least look that way) for collecting toys. Not once have I seen Elyse try to help people reorganize their collections, but moreso, she tries time and again to get them to part with grails under the guise that they have some weird disorder. Because apparently selling little pieces of who you are makes you normal. :lol

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :clap

:horror just watched some guy named Marlo kick his wife in the face.... Man.... This guy needs a bodyslam from da Ski.

This just ain't right man... NOT COOL! :mad:

All because of a Godzilla.

Ski

Sent from my SkiPCS8100 using Skiatalk

what an insane concept batty............:cuckoo:

drama is the "in thing"................get with the programming............:lecture

Don't start with me!!!! :mad: I don't like drama!!!!!! :gah:

Yeah, I was hoping they would help out more with the organizing and displaying of the collection. Since I don't have a lot of time to do that myself, I was hoping the show would involve people helping set up new displays and organizing the collection to showcase better. Not exactly how I imagined it would turn out, but oh well... It was an experience!

Well, like you said earlier, it sounds like the concept of the show changed at one point. Too bad.

Yeah, that would be more interesting... I was going to delete the episode after it started until I saw he had the Rainman Wonka :lol

Thanks for sharing your experiences on the show... it is unfortunate that the goal of the show does seem to be painting collectors they showcase as "troubled" and obsessive. Some certainly are, but no need to make it seem worse.

Yeah, from what I'm hearing it sounds mostly negative for the collectors. I have to see the show and my own episode to see what this is all about for myself. I knew they were going to do their own spin on things for the sake of entertainment, but I was hopeful they could still make it cool and less of a freak show. I know in the end my friends and family know the real me and my wife. For everyone else they can think what they want and just be entertained. I have my videos on YouTube if anyone cares to see more of my collection and the way I really am (for the most part I guess).

I hear ya. Unfortunately, it looks like the goal of this show is to make collectors look like oddball hoarders with social issues. And they get to that through staging situations and using things out of context to make people feel uncomfortable (or at least look that way) for collecting toys. Not once have I seen Elyse try to help people reorganize their collections, but moreso, she tries time and again to get them to part with grails under the guise that they have some weird disorder. Because apparently selling little pieces of who you are makes you normal. :lol

Elyse did let that guy with the Flintstones keep his collection. In fact I even think she said she was proud of him when he didn't sell his puppet to a guy who offered money at the exhibition. What was annoying was all the times she brought in the stupid looking psychotherapist to talk to collectors about their "issues'".

Yeah, from what I'm hearing it sounds mostly negative for the collectors. I have to see the show and my own episode to see what this is all about for myself. I knew they were going to do their own spin on things for the sake of entertainment, but I was hopeful they could still make it cool and less of a freak show. I know in the end my friends and family know the real me and my wife. For everyone else they can think what they want and just be entertained. I have my videos on YouTube if anyone cares to see more of my collection and the way I really am (for the most part I guess).

Don't worry emarae, other than the one short segment of your wife crying (probably due to stress and being jetlagged) your story was pretty positive. You came across pretty good, pretty much just like your youtube vids. They showed you as a talented guy that loves collecting and "model making". You didn't come across as psychotic at all!

I didn't think you were that bad. Me and my buddy were even saying how cool your customs were.

But that Flinstones dude scared the piss out of me.

^^^
Yeah I've met some weird people in this hobby before but that guy was really strange. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he had some human torsos in his deep freezer. Yikes.

^^^
Yeah I've met some weird people in this hobby before but that guy was really strange. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he had some human torsos in his deep freezer. Yikes.

dIkFB.gif

Elyse did let that guy with the Flintstones keep his collection. In fact I even think she said she was proud of him when he didn't sell his puppet to a guy who offered money at the exhibition. What was annoying was all the times she brought in the stupid looking psychotherapist to talk to collectors about their "issues'".

First thing she did when she walked in was B-line to the expensive, rare antiques, tell the guy how expensive they were then ask if he'd ever thought about selling them. It wasn't until the guy gave her a sharp look and told her they remind him of his mother and he'd never sell, that she talked about at least having it appraised for insurance. So don't gimme that crap. :nono :lol

Don't start with me!!!! :mad: I don't like drama!!!!!! :gah:

Well, like you said earlier, it sounds like the concept of the show changed at one point. Too bad.

Yeah, I don't know what happened really. Maybe they changed it, maybe they just didn't want to reveal the true nature of the show? But we all just have to remember it's not documentary material, but pure entertainment! Wish we could've had some CGI in there too! :lol

Don't worry emarae, other than the one short segment of your wife crying (probably due to stress and being jetlagged) your story was pretty positive. You came across pretty good, pretty much just like your youtube vids. They showed you as a talented guy that loves collecting and "model making". You didn't come across as psychotic at all!

My wife was extremely tired and not in the mood for those long shoots. The time difference for her was the total opposite, so imagine having to do these over 12 hours shoots for 3 days at 2 AM for those who are daywalkers and you'll have an idea what she was going through. She was a trooper which is why we're such a good couple after all these years! Glad I didn't come across too weird! All for entertainment...!

I didn't think you were that bad. Me and my buddy were even saying how cool your customs were.

But that Flinstones dude scared the piss out of me.

Awesome! I would've loved to show more of the custom figures and more of my 1/6 scale collection! I also have a big Godzilla collection which is why I was also on Animal Planet's "It Came From Japan" Godzilla Documentary a few years back. You can find it on YouTube for those who are curious!

Awesome! I would've loved to show more of the custom figures and more of my 1/6 scale collection! I also have a big Godzilla collection which is why I was also on Animal Planet's "It Came From Japan" Godzilla Documentary a few years back. You can find it on YouTube for those who are curious!

Hey Marlo

I loved your Godzilla collection. Quick question... Did you really sell that poppy Godzilla to that guy for $1000? Because that seemed staged to me.

Last edited:
Back