Customikey's Toys of Wonder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leia

leia29kh.jpg

leia12ig.jpg

leia35lc.jpg

Aurra Sing Sideshow-Style!!

Not much chance that SSC will get around to Aurra Sing, so here's my take.

aurra27kk.jpg

aurra35ba.jpg

Sometimes she is depicted with cape and lightsaber, so...

aurra54tj.jpg

aurra44vu.jpg

aurra17iz.jpg

Chancellor revisited

I've finally attached my Palpatine sculpt to the body. He looks ok, but the mouth is a bit small. He has that carved from wood, unfinished quality. Eh. Until SSC gives me one, this'll have to do for Mace Windu!
chancp10hj.jpg

Nice work!

The joints bother me on Leia, but what can you do.

Ever think of tackling a Rick Deckard?

gdb said:
Nice work!

The joints bother me on Leia, but what can you do.

Ever think of tackling a Rick Deckard?

I'd LOVE to do Deckard, but I'd want to use the Japanese figure as a basis, and he's too damned expensive. I'd also like to get my hands on the Hot Toys Director (George Lucas) or the famous Indiana Jones figure but they are definitely out of my price range!

Nice! I don't have the patience, time or talent to do my own customizing. I really like 1/6 figures because I appreciate the work put into each figure, whether it's by a fan or a professional artist. Keep up the great work.

Customikey said:
...the famous Indiana Jones figure but they are definitely out of my price range!

Yeah, no kidding. I had one for a about a year and half (he was opened so he only cost me about $600) and he was the prize of my collection but then the Bush economy hit and rent came round and off to eBay he went. He held his value, though. Would have made a tiny profit if not for Paypal fees.

gdb said:
Is that Aurra's head from the Hasbro figure or somewhere else?

It's actually SSC's own Art S. Buck female (Grey edition). The sculpt bears a striking resemblance to the actress, not that the pics neccessarily show you that! :eek:

She's also a very tall, lithe model, so the figure's proportions were perfect for this job. I need to dig up a pic of the original Hasbro version so you can see the difference....

Last edited:
gdb said:
Yeah, no kidding. I had one for a about a year and half (he was opened so he only cost me about $600) and he was the prize of my collection but then the Bush economy hit and rent came round and off to eBay he went. He held his value, though. Would have made a tiny profit if not for Paypal fees.

Ouch. Double ouch. I feel fortunate that I've only ever sold toys in order to buy more toys, not to make rent. That really stings. I've got an Indiana from another customizer, and I love it, but I'm still hoping Sideshow will snag the license.

Re: Aurra Sing Sideshow-Style!!

Customikey said:
Not much chance that SSC will get around to Aurra Sing, so here's my take.]

I would'nt be to sure about that Customikey. They intend to do a few EU characters and after seeing these pics, you have just set them a benchmark to reach.

If they do produce her, your version will be the one to compare to and draw some reference from.

I have just spent the last few minutes checking out your pics and have been blown away. (Im off to see how stuff is going on eBay if theres still stuff for sale:cool: )

As this is my 100th post in this forum I have an offer for you that you may or may not be interested in.
I was going to mark my 100th post (a small milstone I know but impressive for me nonetheless) by giving away a SS Ex 12" Scarface figure to one lucky board member.
Having seen your work Im wondering what you would do to him? Either reply in this thread or PM me if you are interested.:D

PS. He won't cost you a thing:horror

Thanks for sharing your great work

I'd love the chance to paint one of Andy's sculpts!!! That'd be awesome!! The Scarface figure is particularly nice, too.

Congrats on 100 posts by the way!:fireworks

My post count didn;t start shooting up until only a few months ago when Star Wars and LOTR were announced. Time flies.

Re: Aurra Sing Sideshow-Style!!

CookieMonster said:
I have just spent the last few minutes checking out your pics and have been blown away. (Im off to see how stuff is going on eBay if theres still stuff for sale:cool: )....Thanks for sharing your great work

There's nothing up at the moment (Feb 19). I was planning to post my custom Tusken, but I found a better way to do the wrapping, so I'm starting over. I'm also working on repainting the Young Frankenstein figs, Spider-Man 2's Doc Ock, and doing a Qui-Gon Jinn using the FVJ body for added chest. I'm most excited about the ladt one, as the original Qui-Gon fig is surprisingly good once it's repainted.

Thanks for all the support of my stuff! I'm glad you're all enjoying it!

Wow. Just wow. You amaze me. Thanks a bunch!
As you have commanded, I shall customize it and post it here. I'm not sure what I will be able to improve on, though I will give it my best shot. My impression is that it's a pretty solid figure.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Customikey said:
Wow. Just wow. You amaze me. Thanks a bunch!
As you have commanded, I shall customize it and post it here. I'm not sure what I will be able to improve on, though I will give it my best shot. My impression is that it's a pretty solid figure.

Anyone have any suggestions?

The only thing he needs is the tender loving care of hand painting.

gdb said:
The only thing he needs is the tender loving care of hand painting.

I'm going to do my best! I just learned how to incorporate acrylic chalk into my paintwork, so that might be useful in shading!

Hey! This post marks my 500th post on Sideshow Freaks!!! I had no idea I was such a motormouth. It is cool that the 500th is on my own thread, too. (pats self on back.)

Customikey said:
I'm going to do my best! I just learned how to incorporate acrylic chalk into my paintwork, so that might be useful in shading!

Hey! This post marks my 500th post on Sideshow Freaks!!! I had no idea I was such a motormouth. It is cool that the 500th is on my own thread, too. (pats self on back.)

Congratulations! :fireworks

Lincoln was fun to repaint. I wanted to get a bit more depth into those craggy, gaunt features. I'll try to get better pics soon (see page 5).

lincoln1ra.jpg

Last edited:
Back