Customikey's Toys of Wonder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered a caucasian male figure with the $8 off coupon for a custom figure I am starting. Do the Art S. Buck heads come off easily like the 006 exclusive or Abe Sapien or do they require the boil and pop method? Thanks for any help.

Great customs by the way. I only wish I could paint that good.

Mickey...I really love what you did to that Dracula....hey just a question..are you selling some of your figures?

Buttmunch said:
I just ordered a caucasian male figure with the $8 off coupon for a custom figure I am starting. Do the Art S. Buck heads come off easily like the 006 exclusive or Abe Sapien or do they require the boil and pop method? Thanks for any help.

Great customs by the way. I only wish I could paint that good.

The head is hollow vinyl. Boil and pop it, or risk the ball joint coming out of it's socket.

Check out Tony DiTerlizzi's page at Rebelscum.com for great painting tips. That's where I started.

Shaihulud said:
Mickey...I really love what you did to that Dracula....hey just a question..are you selling some of your figures?

I was freaked about painting Drac because he's hard to come by these days. But I'm really glad I did it. Thanks!

I periodically sell figures on eBay. A few of the ones on this thread are already gone. Let me know which ones you're interested in and I'll tell you if I'm going to sell. :eek:

I was also thinking of offering my services as a painter to anyone on these boards who would like their figs repainted.:D

One more pic of Scarface before I move on...

scarfaceatnight8uq.jpg

I've been messing around with Nazi Kroenen. I repainted the goggles to be dark and shiny. They were originally matte. I wired up his coat and sprayed some super-shiny armor-all up in the air over him to simulate rain on his coat. THe pics aren't very atmospheric, I'm afraid. :eek:

nkwet29ht.jpg

nkwet34vm.jpg

nkwet11ep.jpg

Asajj Ventress

I've been looking for a good use for the Caucasion Female Art S. Buck. I think she has the right face for Asajj Ventress. This is sort of an amalgam of the cartoon and comic version. It's the cartoon costume, but she has pupils and the little arrow tatoos from the comic. I don't know what color her eyes are supposed to be, so I went with a cold blue.

asajj18es.jpg

Thanks Customikey. That rain effect on Kroenen really looks good. I wouldn't dare do it to mine though. Ventress looks good too.

Just another quick question, when making a custome head out of sculpey it is best to cast it in something to put on the figure or is it just easier/better to use the sculpey sculpt? I'll check out that guide over at rebelscum on painting.

Buttmunch said:
Thanks Customikey. That rain effect on Kroenen really looks good. I wouldn't dare do it to mine though. Ventress looks good too.

Just another quick question, when making a custome head out of sculpey it is best to cast it in something to put on the figure or is it just easier/better to use the sculpey sculpt? I'll check out that guide over at rebelscum on painting.

The rain effect on Kroenen looked pretty sweet, but because it's Armor-All, it faded within a couple of days. Armor-All is actually very good for the health of vinyl, so I wasn't too worried about trying it.

Sculpey is delicate, so I think casting it in resin is a good plan. That way, even if the sculpey original breaks, you've still got copies.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I guess it is both a good and bad thing the "rain spray" didn't last forever. It really is too bad Sideshow didn't include the wire in his coat. I just hope the jedi have it in theirs besides just the hood.

Customikey said:
I've been messing around with Nazi Kroenen.
Hey Mike,

Yet more great work your treating us to :cool:

If you ever decide to sell your Nazi Kroenen on eBay, please give me a heads up on when your gonna list it.

I never did manage to get my hands on him as I held on hoping for SS to do a 1/4 scale version to go with the Hellby they did.

Your Kroenen looks pretty F*****G sweet to me. Great Job

CookieMonster said:
If you ever decide to sell your Nazi Kroenen on eBay, please give me a heads up on when your gonna list it.

I never did manage to get my hands on him as I held on hoping for SS to do a 1/4 scale version to go with the Hellby they did.

Your Kroenen looks pretty F*****G sweet to me. Great Job

Thanks, Cookie! I don't think I could part with NK. He's a jewel. I'm actually really glad the rain effect isn't permanent. I overdid it tonight. I just have to wait for it to fade. It's almost an added feature in of itself, now!
The 1/4 Hellboy looked fantastic. He almost converted me, but I remain a 1/4 scale virgin. God help me if they ever do Emperor Palpatine.

Last edited:
Ironman1188 said:
well..... if you decide to sell Qui Gon rather than auction let me know!!!

Hey guys, I'm always willing to entertain your best offers for just about anything on the thread. Just PM me.

Otherwise, I promise I'll post when the auctions go up.

I'm overwhelmed that everybody is so enthusiastic abut Qui-Gon, especially with the SCC one we're getting.

Customikey said:
I'm working on a kit-bash Darth Plagius. Anyone have any thoughts on what Palpatine's master may have looked like?

Not sure, there were no physical descriptions of him. I would think he would look similar to Darth Reven from KOTOR or maybe a dark red body suit with black cloak/robe. I would also see him as a dual saber user.

EVILFACE said:
Not sure, there were no physical descriptions of him. I would think he would look similar to Darth Reven from KOTOR or maybe a dark red body suit with black cloak/robe. I would also see him as a dual saber user.

I'm limited to what I have in stock. I've decided to make him sort of a Han Solo-as-a-Sith. A Sith Gunslinger. He uses a lightsaber, but he also carries a blaster. I figure if it's not beneath Obi-Wan...

I want him to look...unlikely, maybe even a bit cowardly. I'm sure we're all imagining Plageous to be this incredible bad ass. I've chosen an SSC head. I think it's a Matt Falls sculpt.

Okay, I ended up with two different Sith. The first one doesn't fit into the info we're given about Darth Plagueis, but I still like it. I suppose it could conceivably be a young Darth Sidious, but I'll always think of him as..

Darth Fritz!!

darthfritz17uh.jpg

darthfritz27uu.jpg

darthfritz36jg.jpg

I only repainted the eyes. The rest is all SSC.

Last edited:
Here's the second Sith. This feels more right for Darth Plagueis the Wise to me. The General Lee sculpt looks to me like a guy who would do anything to save the people he loves. He reminds me a little of Kenobi and Dooku with the Jedi-ish robe, and I like the idea that Palpatine kept his cane. He's simple, not ostentatious. The Sith could have hardly stayed hidden for millenia if they went around wearing armor. I imagine this guy hiding out in a hovel on Naboo. This is a full-head repaint. By the way, General Lee would also be perfect for a General Dodonna custom.

darthplagueis20et.jpg

darthplagueis33kc.jpg

darthplagueis51fm.jpg

darthplagueis46be.jpg

darthplagueis69mh.jpg

darthplagueis71ol.jpg

Last edited:
Back