Customikey's Toys of Wonder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rugby1970 said:
This is all very, very cool stuff. I really love the Darth Plagius piece but it got me thinking. I love how Lucas was able to get Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing into the series... how could would it be for Plagius to be made up from a Bela Legosi figure... say Bela from White Zombie, etc. I wish I had the time or talent to try something like this.

That is a REALLY cool idea!! I love the choice of Bela as Murder from White Zombie, too! I wish I had one to try it out on! That is the one Sideshow Bela figure I don't have. It's just as well. I'm certain I could do variations on Darth Plagueis till the Sith come home.:monkey5

Customikey said:
Ah, Nosferatu..... who sold for a mere $20.
I was very proud of Nos! I might make him again someday. He was a Silver screen version that received a TOTAL repaint from top to bottom. For the clothes, I just dry-brushed taupe all over the coat as evenly as I could. Then I went back and painted the buttons with a black acrylic marker.

I'm not sure this would turn out well if you try to repaint the purple coat of the color version.

You're kidding me... it was sold for 20 bucks?
Man, that is why I hate not being able to buy stuff on ebay!

Anyway, congrats onthe great customs and thanks.

I live in Colombia, and for some reason, we folks here in Colombia are not allowed to use paypal... it has something to do with having some sort of certificate. If the country is not somehow "certified", you need a banking account in the U.S.
Silly, but such is life.

abake said:
I live in Colombia, and for some reason, we folks here in Colombia are not allowed to use paypal... it has something to do with having some sort of certificate. If the country is not somehow "certified", you need a banking account in the U.S.
Silly, but such is life.

That's odd. I can't think of anything Colombia imports to the US that would... Wait a minute... I kinda remember something the first Prez Bush tried to do (and failed at) that might be stopping unfettered trade bewteen our two great nations.

gdb said:
That's odd. I can't think of anything Colombia imports to the US that would... Wait a minute... I kinda remember something the first Prez Bush tried to do (and failed at) that might be stopping unfettered trade bewteen our two great nations.

Oh my, the thread is turning political, which tells me it's about time I put up some new pics or something.

I have a commission to paint up some Ape heads. With the owners permission (you know who you are) maybe I'll be allowed to post pics. It's a bit of a challenge, because the castings are truly aweful. :D

no, no not political....:monkey3

Anyway, are there any heads/figures that you feel are your speciality? I have a ton of Hasbro Star Wars that I gotta do something with and nothing is off the table including some customizing.

gdb said:
no, no not political....:monkey3

Anyway, are there any heads/figures that you feel are your speciality? I have a ton of Hasbro Star Wars that I gotta do something with and nothing is off the table including some customizing.

Send me a list of what you want done, and I'll tell you what I've done before, what I'd love to try, and what I know I could never do.

I just got my Gamorrean Guard in the mail. First order of business is seeing if I can articulate him a little better. 7 points? :rolleyes: I think we can do better than that! Then the part I like: painting!!!:D

Dude, that auction for your Sidious/Palpatine is going crazy! Congratulations on the big payday. :chew

Mike you sould consider doing more Sidious imo...that way you'll cover all your Sideshow needs and....buy you a new house..just by doing him... and selling him on ebay..!!!!!you're going to be rich buddy....but do more quick, cause after seeing the winning bid for this, I bet you a lot of customizers will try to copy you and sell some on ebay....Anyway...you'll always be the originator customizer of this amazing custom...:emperor

Shaihulud said:
Mike you sould consider doing more Sidious imo...that way you'll cover all your Sideshow needs and....buy you a new house..just by doing him... and selling him on ebay..!!!!!you're going to be rich buddy....but do more quick, cause after seeing the winning bid for this, I bet you a lot of customizers will try to copy you and sell some on ebay....Anyway...you'll always be the originator customizer of this amazing custom...:emperor

I'm shocked by the massive amounts of money people are willing to spend on Palpy. I just hope the winning bidder likes it when it arrives! I'm getting really nervous, but I can't think how I could make him better. He's everything I want Palpatine to be.

I don't know about making another one. I sort of like the idea that there's ONLY ONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

And there are so many other things I want to work on. This Gamorrean Guard in front of me is seriously giving me ideas! I think I might even be able to give him some jaw movement...

Last edited:
Damn Mickey..your looking at $727.01!!! and you still have 4 hours..Did you ever think you would get that much??

kingdarkness03 said:
Damn Mickey..your looking at $727.01!!! and you still have 4 hours..Did you ever think you would get that much??

I think it will probably go for around $500-550. WOW! :google

Buttmunch said:
The auction says 2 hours and 20 minutes right now, not an hour.

Yeah, I'm looking at the first auction that's going to end, Ben Kenobi. He's only got an hour. Well an hour and a half, but you'll pardon me if I'm not thinking straight.

Back