Customikey's Toys of Wonder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome take on Darth Plagueis! Excellent job on the repaint too, woulda never guessed that was Lee if you didn't say so.

gdb said:
Practicing your Sith Eyes for those who can't make it to San Diago?

Actually, that was my initial reason for doing them, but I got excited by the idea of doing an actual character from SW that we hear about but never see. I also love painting the Sith Eyes. They're so striking. I almost did the Willem DeFoe head as well just for fun!

The eyes are excellent, by the way. Practice makes perfect and all that. If you tire of Sith, didn't Riply in Alien 3 have one totally blood shot eye?

Realy like you interpritaion of what Darth Palgueis may look like...old and wise....yet very "sith like"...good job:devil

yes....That Darth Plagueis is great Mike !!!! Now I will always imagine him like the version you just did... !!!!! + he looks a little bit like an evil George Lucas ( wich is great cause some rumors say that Darth plagueis may be the one who created Anakin...see??? so, Anakin's father & creator = lucas = darth plagueis:google ).Anyway another great custom by the resident customizer of the freak board!!!!

Last edited:
Great work Mikey! They just keep looking better and better. The eyes are wonderful, striking... as you put it. ANd using Lee.... very good choice. Seems to fit the character well. :cool:

I'm glad you like my take on Darth Plagueis. I'd love to know more about the man who trained The Emperor. Maybe Scholastic will do a Young Sith Lords series!

I actually almost threw away the Gen. Lee head prior to thinking of doing this. Now I'm really glad I didn't. You never know what you'll find a use for. And he was much easier to build than Darth Fritz. Go figure. Simpler is often more effective.

Someone tell George.:rolleyes:

Customikey said:
A quick update. I got the Scarface figure (thanks again, Cookie Monster!!) and he's almost done.
I know I've already posted Dracula in my very first post, but I wanted to show you what's been done to his cape. It's amazing what a little wire in the hem can do! Ever since getting my Medicom Vader, I've been going nuts doing this, and I was glad to hear SSC jumping on the wired hem bandwagon. It adds some drama to the posing. The brown thing he's standing next to is a work-in-progress coffin for him to repose in! I just need to line it.

draccape28en.jpg

draccape17qu.jpg

that looks great! do u just have wire along the bottom of the cape or in the sides too?

Mookeylama said:
that looks great! do u just have wire along the bottom of the cape or in the sides too?

Thanks! The wire is just in the bottom hem. It was a pain to feed the wire through because the material used for the cape is very delicate and snagged easily on the wire.

I still have to line the coffin and replace the ties on his cape with chain, but I have stuffed the gaps in his hips with cotton balls since these pics were taken. It really improves the line of his trousers! Since the idea was put forth ( I forget by whom, sorry), i've been putting cotton balls in the hip joints of all my figures! It was a great idea, whoever you are who suggested it!

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

Well, here I am, on my 1,000 POST!!!

So, I've noticed that a lot of us do something special to commemorate milestones on this board. I've decided to do something special, too.

I'm a customizer. It's a great deal of fun for me. And I've done a load of custom work. I've decided to put the best of my Star Wars work up for auction ALL AT ONCE!!

I know, I know, it's not a contest or a giveaway, but I need the money to feed my obsession. So, I hope you guys enjoy my auctions, and let me know what you think, as I'm using all new pictures for them.

Seven days till I have to give up:

OBI-WAN "BEN" KENOBI
ASAJJ VENTRESS
DARTH SIDIOUS/ EMPEROR PALPATINE
and
QUI-GON JINN & OBI-WAN KENOBI

:chew :chew :chew :emperor :emperor :emperor

Dam that Sidious is unbelievable. Beautiful paint job, he's terrifying. The costume is aweosme too:google

:emperor

Why are you covering up Asajj's nips? Isn't that the best part of the piece?

Darth Loki said:
Why are you covering up Asajj's nips? Isn't that the best part of the piece?

:rotfl :rotfl

It wasn't intentional, I assure you. Those were just the best pics that came out. I perky surprise for the winner, I guess. :rolleyes:

CM, thanks for all the pics of your great customs!
I especially enjoyed Nosferatu, as (IMHO) it is one of SST's biggest missed opportunities (along with Bela's Dracula) in terms of clothing and paint apps. Your Nosferatu is just awesome!
Could you give me some hints as to how you worked on the fabric?
Thanks!

abake said:
CM, thanks for all the pics of your great customs!
I especially enjoyed Nosferatu, as (IMHO) it is one of SST's biggest missed opportunities (along with Bela's Dracula) in terms of clothing and paint apps. Your Nosferatu is just awesome!
Could you give me some hints as to how you worked on the fabric?
Thanks!

Ah, Nosferatu..... who sold for a mere $20.
I was very proud of Nos! I might make him again someday. He was a Silver screen version that received a TOTAL repaint from top to bottom. For the clothes, I just dry-brushed taupe all over the coat as evenly as I could. Then I went back and painted the buttons with a black acrylic marker.

I'm not sure this would turn out well if you try to repaint the purple coat of the color version.

This is all very, very cool stuff. I really love the Darth Plagius piece but it got me thinking. I love how Lucas was able to get Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing into the series... how could would it be for Plagius to be made up from a Bela Legosi figure... say Bela from White Zombie, etc. I wish I had the time or talent to try something like this.

Back