Customikey's Toys of Wonder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Qui-Gon Jinn

Seems Qui-Gon has become very popular in the last few years. I thought he'd be a good subject to use my FVJ body on. His hands are from the original Franky. There's also an Obi-Wan on a Dragon body. I guess I'll probably try to sell them as a set.

jinn12kk.jpg

jinnandkenobi4mn.jpg

jinn35jn.jpg

Aurra's bodies

Here's Aurra Sing with her originators. Great comparison shot.

aurras5tc.jpg

And Hellboy's been hanging out for a while, so here's his repaint as well. I wanted him to look more like the PF. I even put wire in his coat so it would pose better. The coat is my first attempt at weathering with acrylic chalk. He and my FVJ Jason switched footwear. I don't understand why he came with those enormous boots. They weren't that large in the movie!! I also sprayed his base with some clear gloss to make it shiny.

hb15dc.jpg

Re: Aurra's bodies

Customikey said:
Here's Aurra Sing with her originators.

aurras5tc.jpg

I find those Aura Sings in the picture rather sexy:google ....and by the way Mick, the Pamela custom is awesome...!!!!! IMO, from what I have seen,its your best paint job so far...

Shaihulud said:
I find those Aura Sings in the picture rather sexy:google ....and by the way Mick, the Pamela custom is awesome...!!!!! IMO, from what I have seen,its your best paint job so far...

I like the Aurra pic, too. What you don't realize is that the Art S. Buck and the Custom Aurra are seducing Hasbro Aurra, only to strip her down, cut her ponytail and hands off and leave her for dead. Very sad. She looks so innocent, doesn't she? Those big doe eyes, staring out of her huge melon-shaped noggin?

Glad you like Pammy. I was kicking myself when she arrived, but now that she's repainted, I do not fear to display her. After seeing Friday 13th pt. 1, I also gave her new pants that were looser, so they could fit over her boots, which is how she looked in the movie.

"Don't let her get away, Mommy! Kill here! Kill her!!!"

Customikey said:
I like the Aurra pic, too. What you don't realize is that the Art S. Buck and the Custom Aurra are seducing Hasbro Aurra, only to strip her down, cut her ponytail and hands off and leave her for dead. Very sad. She looks so innocent, doesn't she? Those big doe eyes, staring out of her huge melon-shaped noggin?

I got nothing to add to that.

Better pics of Abe

Besides painting him, I also gave him a fullshirt to repace the sleeveless one he came with. His coat is a bit too large. Maybe I can convince my wife to tailor it a bit for him. I have no talent behind a sewing machine.
lincoln15ov.jpg

lincoln26re.jpg

Last edited:
I'm ready for SSC to make Old Obi-Wan!!!
You might be surprised at how many figures went into this one. Parts from 5 different sources!

kenobi27ie.jpg

kenobi11dc.jpg

Holy **** Obe Wan Rocks :joy

I can't see much difference between yours and the SS PF version. The detail on him is amazing.

You should send a portfolio of your work to SS and demand a job!:cool:

Thanks, Cookie Monster. I doubt they need any painters, but doing up their prototypes would be a dream job.

Just about everything here is a repaint or a kitbash. There's very little original work, if any. I'm just augmenting what's already there.

Having said that, it's a lot of fun to cobble together these things. Obi-Wan was a work in progress for about five years. I'd come upon a better piece, and add to it.
He consists of:
An SSC body (natch.)
Hasbro's orginal Ob-Wan sculpt and belt.
Hasbro Masterpiece Anakin shirt and robe (re-stitched, thankyou Lisa.)
Hasbro Ep I Obi-Wan pants, boots, and cloth belt, and lightsaber blade.
Hasbro Jedi Luke hilt.
and Hasbro Qui-on Jinn's cloak, stained, with wire added to the hood and hem.

I'm pretty proud of him. Some of my best paintwork as well. Still I know SSC is gonna blow this out of the water! :D

These Custom SW figures are just another reason I know SSC's versions are gonna rock! The classic poses are all in that SSC body.

Customikey said:
Here's Aurra Sing with her originators. Great comparison shot.

aurras5tc.jpg

So for Aurra, what are your secrets on the boots and holsters?

gdb said:
So for Aurra, what are your secrets on the boots and holsters?

I repainted them in taupe, then did a wash in black, then some weathering via drybrushing with some burnt sienna and unbleached titanium (basically tan). There's more weathering on the foot part of the boots. Finally, I used a silver marker for the buckles and rivets.

I did the same thing on her rifle. I also added metal hooks to the elastic strap to replace those annoying plastic ones that were always coming loose.

Am I permitted to offer re-painting service through this board?

Since I'm trying to start up my own business in the wake of being canned, I need some extra start-up cash, and I thought this might be a good way since I'd love to re-paint for you guys anyway. I just don't know if it's okay to offer that on this board. Is it against the rules?

Let me know what you think.

A quick update. I got the Scarface figure (thanks again, Cookie Monster!!) and he's almost done.
I know I've already posted Dracula in my very first post, but I wanted to show you what's been done to his cape. It's amazing what a little wire in the hem can do! Ever since getting my Medicom Vader, I've been going nuts doing this, and I was glad to hear SSC jumping on the wired hem bandwagon. It adds some drama to the posing. The brown thing he's standing next to is a work-in-progress coffin for him to repose in! I just need to line it.

draccape28en.jpg

draccape17qu.jpg

Scarface

Cookie Monster, doing this figure was a lot of fun! Thanks for sending him!

Is it an improvement over the original? I honestly don't know. The paintwork on the original was pretty solid. I used pics from the film and the GG bust for reference. The new body is certainly more poseable, although he no longer talks. What do you think?

scar13kh.jpg

scar23uf.jpg

scar30hu.jpg

scar48ql.jpg

scar57xa.jpg

scar69fv.jpg

scar71np.jpg

Re: Scarface

Customikey said:
Cookie Monster, doing this figure was a lot of fun! Thanks for sending him!

Is it an improvement over the original? I honestly don't know.

Hey Mikey,

He looks amazing, I like the way he is much more posable. Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to your last PM. My two Canadian cousins are visiting good old England so I have been occupied with them. I hadn't seen them for over 10 years. Ones 17 now and the other 20. (they grow up fast :D
Right now Im very happy and Im glad I sent Scarface to you to work on. Great Job :joy
Thankyou for putting pics up for me to look at.

Scotty said:
So much more life in these now...well done!:)

Thanks Scotty! Didn't realize you were watching! Congrats on winning the contest by the way. That's a centerpiece if I ever I saw one! It'd be cool to place that one and yours on pedestals next to each other!!!:google

Re: Scarface

gdb said:
This is my favorite picture! Good paint work.

Thanks, gdb! I knew there was a reason I got those Art S. Bucks! Actually, keep an eye out for the caucasion female in the future. I'm eyeing her for a possible Asajj Ventress custom.:naughty

Back