Statue Gentle Giant doing Iron Man Statues? (Iron Patriot @ GG Booth @ SDCC!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't like the IP pose but Igor :thud:
As for the bases, I think they will look great on a glass shelf or in a Besta.

Any info on a release or price yet?

SDCC_2013_Gentle_Giant_Ltd_Wed-043.jpg

SDCC_2013_Gentle_Giant_Ltd_Wed-045.jpg

SDCC_2013_Gentle_Giant_Ltd_Wed-048.jpg

SDCC_2013_Gentle_Giant_Ltd_Wed-049.jpg

SDCC_2013_Gentle_Giant_Ltd_Wed-098.jpg

SDCC_2013_Gentle_Giant_Ltd_Wed-100.jpg

SDCC_2013_Gentle_Giant_Ltd_Wed-101.jpg

SDCC_2013_Gentle_Giant_Ltd_Wed-103.jpg

Just wondering if those who have already ordered the HT's version of IGOR would have preffered to have bought this one? Be interesting to see how GG price this as HT's one is over $500 if im not mistaken! :horror

Iron Patriot is the one i'm interested in although i reaaly hope they revitalise the colours as they look really flat and change those awful bases!!! :lecture

Just wondering if those who have already ordered the HT's version of IGOR would have preffered to have bought this one? Be interesting to see how GG price this as HT's one is over $500 if im not mistaken! :horror

Iron Patriot is the one i'm interested in although i reaaly hope they revitalise the colours as they look really flat and change those awful bases!!! :lecture

When I saw this initially it was an instant buy in my head. Now that HT is doing Iggy I PO'd it and will forget about this.

Gentle Giant had never been my cup of tea, I always preferred SSC pieces but this Igor looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to the rest of their Marvel line.

If they release something spectacular I'd give GG a shot but from what I understand their price points are absurd...

When I saw this initially it was an instant buy in my head. Now that HT is doing Iggy I PO'd it and will forget about this.

Gentle Giant had never been my cup of tea, I always preferred SSC pieces but this Igor looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to the rest of their Marvel line.

If they release something spectacular I'd give GG a shot but from what I understand their price points are absurd...

I used to purchase a few of their 1/5 Star Wars line but that was always on the secondary market so i'm not too sure on how high they price up their items. The problem i find with GG is the length of time it takes them to get certain pieces out...not sure how soon we'll see the likes of their 1/4 Iron Man/ Marvel line? :dunno

I used to purchase a few of their 1/5 Star Wars line but that was always on the secondary market so i'm not too sure on how high they price up their items. The problem i find with GG is the length of time it takes them to get certain pieces out...not sure how soon we'll see the likes of their 1/4 Iron Man/ Marvel line? :dunno

I've read the same thing here on the boards about their sloth-like releases. That isn't horrible if they're doing a main character, just look at how many people waited on eFx's replicas. But with a character like Igor if they wait until late 2014 to get the PO up for him I'd think many collector's would have lost interest & any that had would jkust settle with HT's version for less money.

I've read the same thing here on the boards about their sloth-like releases. That isn't horrible if they're doing a main character, just look at how many people waited on eFx's replicas. But with a character like Igor if they wait until late 2014 to get the PO up for him I'd think many collector's would have lost interest & any that had would jkust settle with HT's version for less money.

I can see now why some would just order from HT's and avoid the lengthy wait. Shame cos some of GG's stuff is really well sculpted/painted. Look at the Honey Trap line! :exactly:

GG's prices are usually fine, it's just the Honey Trap girls that are insanely high. But then again, the finishes on them are exceptional so you get what you pay for. Their 18" Black Widow is at $400, which seems fair to me. You can probably get it for less through a 3rd party. This Igor looked pretty friggin sweet at SDCC, but I'm on the fence as I'd like to invest in more of the HT Iron Mans/Men.

i dont mind the price if the quality is good. honey trap line is excellent quality wise, i wish all statues are made like this. But the license/characters dont interest me, so i didnt order.

if this is confirmed to be 1/4 scale and quality is on par with honey trap, it will be a day 1 order. I dont have an iron patriot.

I really hope this is the beginning of something interesting - another option for fans of 1/4 marvel series besides sideshow.

its not so much the price with their items but the time it takes to release them...:( saying that Sideshow are getting worse with some of their pieces...take for instance the Iron Man MKVII 1:1 Bust which was due for release in May..now its been put back for January 2014 and thats if its not delayed again...i'm sure there are other pieces that have suffered terribly with delays...

GG is starting to do amazing things and the quality is top notch. Hoping they do a Rogue 1/4 that can replace Sideshow's horrible and cheap looking Rogue. If these guys make 1/4 their main properties instead of their boring bust line, Sideshow will be having some MAJOR competition and my funds will be going to GG on a regular basis. I hope GG does DC 1/4, Uni Monsters 1/4, Michael Myers 1/4, well, one can dream... :)

Back