Statue Gentle Giant doing Iron Man Statues? (Iron Patriot @ GG Booth @ SDCC!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's awesome, i will definitely be getting all of those.

sideshow...what's sideshow? :lol

I think having more and more new companies taking on such Collectibles like Sideshow have given us over the years can only be a good thing for us collectors. Variety is the spice of life my friend :yess:

asa4asuh.jpg

He looks o.k......
I would prefer a glossier more metallic paint job. The black over spray on the face seems a bit excessive as well. Just my 2 cents.
Congrats. Hope you enjoy it.:rock

He looks o.k......
I would prefer a glossier more metallic paint job. The black over spray on the face seems a bit excessive as well. Just my 2 cents.
Congrats. Hope you enjoy it.:rock
Well the paint is not glossy but it has this glitter shine to it...there's no Sun where I'm at sorry for the poor lighting

Well the paint is not glossy but it has this glitter shine to it...there's no Sun where I'm at sorry for the poor lighting

Movie statues are not usually my thing but this looks fine.

He's not shiny in the movie anyway. I think it's a misconception since the armor is metal that in people's heads WM, IP and Iron Man should be shiny when more often then not they aren't. A lot of metals have a soft sheen but aren't really shiny, especially after being painted.

Iron-Man-3-Official-Iron-Patriot-Armor.jpg

Movie statues are not usually my thing but this looks fine.

He's not shiny in the movie anyway. I think it's a misconception since the armor is metal that in people's heads WM, IP and Iron Man should be shiny when more often then not they aren't. A lot of metals have a soft sheen but aren't really shiny, especially after being painted.

Iron-Man-3-Official-Iron-Patriot-Armor.jpg
I like the statue but I'm not in love with it... My gripe is that they over did it with the black panel lining and the base is really boring(which was expected)

I stand corrected. He doesn't appear as glossy in the movie as I imagined in my head....lol.

I think it looks ok too. The pose alone puts it ahead of Sideshow's. The paint might not be as movie accurate as you'd want it, but I can bet GG's IP production is painted tons better than SS's out of the box.

As far as the base goes...yeah, its a little on the boring side, but it's very classy and it allows you to focus on the entire character. It also allows you to get a little creative and put something underneath to give it some lift and a better look. Like what GG does with their film reels during Comic-Cons.

I'm gonna do the film reel thing with my GG 1/4s. It think it looks very professional.

Looks ok, but really hard to tell from the pics posted as the quality and lighting is all over the place.

Yeah, the lighting distorted the actual paint color. Can't really judge from the pic.

Wasn't expecting much from the Gentle Giant Iron Patriot but it is so much better in person. I love the simplicity of the base and the dynamic pose. No QC issues here. The red paint app is actually a little glossy while the blue and silver paint apps are a little matte. Nice contrast if you ask me. Perhaps not so movie accurate but I love this new IP statue. Not to mention it has light up features. The eyes, chest and hands all light up. The ES is pretty low and that's another reason to have this piece. The only two things I wish they did differently is that the canon is fixed, and it would have been fun to have it moved around. And the foot could have had a light up feature too.

:wink1:

1d075699-27b3-4292-bbe7-babc97c135f1_zpseyocjqf9.jpg

24314ce1-24a0-477e-bf0f-acc171a4d0dc_zpsvn8ttcxl.jpg

66ebda48-68fd-4374-b377-5dc111f08743_zpszzxlob6f.jpg

05896301-8bb3-47d3-98cf-61b3d3c0dada_zps4llctguo.jpg

00e261dd-75ec-4025-8c12-a735b5e2e65e_zps383nokef.jpg

Really like the pose, don't like the smokey lines so much, they could have been a bit more subtle with the weathering. But over all, it looks really cool...

Those recent pictures are very nice. The paint app looks to give off a nice metallic appearance where as Sideshow's production sample looks to be more matte and plastic looking on all three red, blue, and silver colors.

I don't mind the smokey lines. They give the armor a nice worn, weathered look. I'm curious to see if that SS production sample was touched up before the real ones start to land in the hands of customers. One thing's for sure...they didn't touch up the eyes on the Cheadle portrait.

Thanks for sharing.

Back