Hong Kong eBay sellers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone dealt with rare-figuretoys? His communication is great, but slow shipping and my item haven't arrived yet (leaved hk on 24 december).

Studio Sunny
Very good, but often slow and shipping can indeed be very high. Always had great comms and good at solving issues, i.e. sending replacements etc.

I ordered several loose 1/6 items (head, hands, clothing, shoes) combined from them recently and they definitely aim to make profit on postage. I didn't get a combined postage quote prior to bidding (I did ask but Sunny didn't answer until after I'd won) and so I lived with the US$26 he later charged. I can understand the initial cost of the first item but then to say it's still going to cost $7 - 8 each other item, these bits so small and weightless (like a pair of shoes and socks, which was one auction), is a bit hard to take.

When I received the package though - something that was actually just a letter envelope and would be better described as a lumpy letter rather than a package - I was surprised to see about $26 in stamps on it, near the exact price I was charged. Thinking a little more on this though, that's Hong Kong dollars, not US, and putting that figure into a currency converter you find Sunny paid about US $3.50 to post (and when you see what arrived that's not hard to believe), so he made a good US $20 in profit on the postage, I'd say. I'm assuming he does this to others too and manages to get by because generally people see the dollar sign on the stamps, see it adds up to about what they paid in their listing currency, and think nothing more of it.

I got no real complaint here though - I don't feel I've been cheated exactly. I knew the price of the individual items prior to buying and accepted things there, all I'm saying now is that I'm just amazed at the difference between what was charged and what was on the package. The closeness in the cost in stamps in HK$ to what I was charged in US currency makes me think this is a calculated little trick he has going to earn extra money on postage.

Last edited:
Absolutely. I was overcharged around $100 for three items. When I asked for an explanation, he suddenly was on holidays. Follow up messages have never been responded to, so comms aren't good, let alone great. Studio Sunny is ****** bag kha kha. Avoid or suffer the expense.

Well, I bought a Michael Jackson Thriller from them Studio Sunny, shipping was $30 because the box was a big one, I think the postage was a bit high, but I really don;t have anything to complain. It was my first time buying from them tho', hope next time isn't an ugly one.

I think all the HK eBay Sellers are now trying to make additional money using shipping charges as a cover. Firstly, it makes their items look cheaper. Secondly, they don't need to pay any eBay fees on shipping they charged buyers. Thirdly, in an subsequent disputes or refunds, the shipping charges will not need to be refunded.

I have stayed off buying from eBay recently because of these practices.

I ordered a complete loose cop joker and mj thriller figure from studio sunny, he sent me the tracking numbers but my post office says the items never reached south africa on both times. so he is a bad seller or thief! oh yes he reshipped each item twice already, so i have a few tracking numbers already, but no items.

If anyone here sells stuff on Ebay that Tony Cheung sells, I highly recommend that you block him from bidding on your auctions.

Ive had him bid on a few items that I had for sale and he happened to have for sale as well. He bid on my auctions to raise the prices up ridiculously higher than his were so people wouldnt bid on mine any more and only go for his. Then once his auctions ends, he retracts his bids from my auctions. what a *********.

If anyone here sells stuff on Ebay that Tony Cheung sells, I highly recommend that you block him from bidding on your auctions.

Ive had him bid on a few items that I had for sale and he happened to have for sale as well. He bid on my auctions to raise the prices up ridiculously higher than his were so people wouldnt bid on mine any more and only go for his. Then once his auctions ends, he retracts his bids from my auctions. what a *********.

WOW thats shocking! Have you reported him to Ebay?

Assaultrabbit FTW!!! I've bought several Hot toys from him and each time the item arrived on time and packed well. His prices is usually one of the best also so I always use him to buy my HT.

Goodshipped is great too. Just received my Stars Wesker. It was very well packed with styrofoam, and he declares as gift and know how to balance the values so you don't pay import taxes, witch in my case is great cause the taxes in my country are killer....

I'm having problems with 7toys7 at the moment. Ordered a few things off ebay about a week ago, still haven't shipped. I messaged him 3 days ago about an expected shipping date, since 2 days is the longest any HK dealer has ever taken to ship my stuff (maybe I'm just lucky) and I have not heard back from him. It's weird because I've bought from him several times before and he's always been very prompt and communicative :( I'm thinking maybe the stuff I ordered isn't in stock and he'd rather let me sweat it out till it is?

Yeah, Goodshipped is pretty damn solid, as well as a really nice fellow. He does seem to legitimately care.

sorry to bring this back from the dead, but has any of you dealt with 7toys7 on ebay lately ? are they ok ?

This seller is pretty good, they have pretty much everything and I've never had a problem receiving stuff from them.

Hey dudes~

This is Leo from goodshipped. I am glad to say hello here.

This thread actually started from another thread related to goodshipped ^^ :

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65126

When Hydeous who bought a Nokia Enterbay GOD set from goodshipped and the boxset was damaged during delivery. I had sent him a new boxset already and he was very satisfied and we became friends ^^

Later discussions turned out that Creecher shared his experiences with different eBay HK sellers and ChaserFan come up with this noble idea and rose this thread.

This is meanful to me too because I can learn from you guys and improve my service^^ thanks!

Thanks Creecher for your sharing in last thread (and support to goodshipped ^^) which is also my words in heart. Things happen although we tried our best to avoid but I just want to restate why goodshipped is different from other HK sellers - I care customers and I can say I offer the best after-sales service to customers amongst all HK sellers. Accidents / airline flight / post office all cannot be controlled and this is truth. What I can do is to stay with customer, communicate and help them with my best when problem arises. This is my way of doing business. No one will reply thread like I do and you know I really care my customers ^^

Creecher pointed out that my packing may not be strong enough for the tough delivery route (he has no delivery problem with me though^^) but I have to defend that I tested all sorts of packing materials and balance the cost (bear by buyer finally) and finally come out using the foamboard which is the best choice yet for packing material as:

1. Much thicker than carton box (1cm thick foamboard vs 0.2cm double-toned carton box)

2. excellent protection for corners! (tested many times! When airline / post office staff throw the parcel and the landing point is the corner, 100% the parcel's corner will be crashed if packed with carton box! no problem with foamboard!!!)

3. Foamboard is much cleaner (carton box is dirty and China sellers like to fill it up with very very dirty newspaper)

parcels to be surrounded by air pillows or peanuts inside a much larger box is the best I agree but the postage fees will be higher (larger size and heavier) and the packing material cost also higher which these come out a higher shipping and handling charge and all buyers will run away choosing a cheaper price one on eBay (deman and supply @@!). That's why I didn't use this as default packing option but let customers to upgrade if they feel the need to. (Actually I have the best packing method - the goodshipped signature 3-layer packing service, email me for more info. ^^)

Plasmid303 thanks for dealing with goodshipped. Sorry to have snowed your carpet but foamboard is much cleaner than carton box (I know those HK sellers steal carton box from supermarket / toy shops -> full of virus / germs and sometimes stinky) and super dirty newspaper (china sellers love to fill-up with) @@!

For shipping and handling there is also another section - tax avoidance that Creecher didn't mention. I am a tax avoidance expert and i know well how to avoid tax even to the harshest customs office - Brazil, Italy, Belgium and Germany! And there are ways to reclaim for tax refund from tax department even the parcel was taxed~ ##!

Once again thank you for all my customers' support here. I hope you enjoy shopping @ goodshipped ~

Sorry for long boring reply... .. .
Leo, just a little freaky

Last edited:
Hey dudes~

This is Leo from goodshipped. I am glad to say hello here.

This thread actually started from another thread related to goodshipped ^^ :

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65126

When Hydeous who bought a Nokia Enterbay GOD set from goodshipped and the boxset was damaged during delivery. I had sent him a new boxset already and he was very satisfied and we became friends ^^

Later discussions turned out that Creecher shared his experiences with different eBay HK sellers and ChaserFan come up with this noble idea and rose this thread.

This is meanful to me too because I can learn from you guys and improve my service^^ thanks!

Thanks Creecher for your sharing in last thread (and support to goodshipped ^^) which is also my words in heart. Things happen although we tried our best to avoid but I just want to restate why goodshipped is different from other HK sellers - I care customers and I can say I offer the best after-sales service to customers amongst all HK sellers. Accidents / airline flight / post office all cannot be controlled and this is truth. What I can do is to stay with customer, communicate and help them with my best when problem arises. This is my way of doing business. No one will reply thread like I do and you know I really care my customers ^^

Creecher pointed out that my packing may not be strong enough for the tough delivery route (he has no delivery problem with me though^^) but I have to defend that I tested all sorts of packing materials and balance the cost (bear by buyer finally) and finally come out using the foamboard which is the best choice yet for packing material as:

1. Much thicker than carton box (1cm thick foamboard vs 0.2cm double-toned carton box)

2. excellent protection for corners! (tested many times! When airline / post office staff throw the parcel and the landing point is the corner, 100% the parcel's corner will be crashed if packed with carton box! no problem with foamboard!!!)

3. Foamboard is much cleaner (carton box is dirty and China sellers like to fill it up with very very dirty newspaper)

parcels to be surrounded by air pillows or peanuts inside a much larger box is the best I agree but the postage fees will be higher (larger size and heavier) and the packing material cost also higher which these come out a higher shipping and handling charge and all buyers will run away choosing a cheaper price one on eBay (deman and supply @@!). That's why I didn't use this as default packing option but let customers to upgrade if they feel the need to. (Actually I have the best packing method - the goodshipped signature 3-layer packing service, email me for more info. ^^)

Plasmid303 thanks for dealing with goodshipped. Sorry to have snowed your carpet but foamboard is much cleaner than carton box (I know those HK sellers steal carton box from supermarket / toy shops -> full of virus / germs and sometimes stinky) and super dirty newspaper (china sellers love to fill-up with) @@!

For shipping and handling there is also another section - tax avoidance that Creecher didn't mention. I am a tax avoidance expert and i know well how to avoid tax even to the harshest customs office - Brazil, Italy, Belgium and Germany! And there are ways to reclaim for tax refund from tax department even the parcel was taxed~ ##!

Once again thank you for all my customers' support here. I hope you enjoy shopping @ goodshipped ~

Sorry for long boring reply... .. .
Leo, just a little freaky

Well...i was on the fence about buying the NOKIA GOD set from you...but i went ahead and pulled the trigger yesterday. Please pack it with care, im sure you will and i am very much looking forward to receiving this awesome piece from you!

Thank you.

I think all the HK eBay Sellers are now trying to make additional money using shipping charges as a cover. Firstly, it makes their items look cheaper. Secondly, they don't need to pay any eBay fees on shipping they charged buyers. Thirdly, in an subsequent disputes or refunds, the shipping charges will not need to be refunded.

I have stayed off buying from eBay recently because of these practices.

I think so too. I noticed that many (not all) sellers from Honk Kong are jacking up the price a some Hot Toys items by like $100+ on top of adding $40 shipping. I see an insane Buy it Now and I say forget it.

Of the HK Ebay sellers Leo is up there among the very best I have used him many times for Hot Toys and always received old school courteous,fast and efficient service.

Back