Hot Toys Truetypes!! GET EM WHILE YOU CAN!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't condone Hot Toys' practice of making nude bodies collectible items. If it's over the retail price of $25 - $30, I'd rather go without.

I don't condone Hot Toys' practice of making nude bodies collectible items. If it's over the retail price of $25 - $30, I'd rather go without.

How do you figure Hot Toys makes them collectible items? Its the demand from collectors for arguably the best 1/6 body around that drives the pricing.

Might as well say with all of you're guy's excitement I ordered two despite i know a little place here in NYC that i can just go and uy them for 30 bucks.

Main reason though was that I wanted some of these new ones with the smaller shoulders

How do you figure Hot Toys makes them collectible items? Its the demand from collectors for arguably the best 1/6 body around that drives the pricing.

They make the Truetypes collectible items in the after market by only releasing them in extremely limited runs every 6-12 months. If they weren't collectibles, they wouldn't be selling for $60+ on ebay.

They make the Truetypes collectible items in the after market by only releasing them in extremely limited runs every 6-12 months. If they weren't collectibles, they wouldn't be selling for $60+ on ebay.

Okay, I see what you mean. Yeah, I do wish they issued a constant supply of these to retailers. With their limited availability and demand the price for these can be ridiculous sometimes.

This will piss some of you off: raising the price was an expected, but raising the price after they (MD) see a high interest is just wrong. Yeah, I know it's a business. They aren't my friends, they're there to make money, I have a choice not to buy, etc, etc. I'll buy elsewhere.
Not a ding on you king

$40 shipping to the UK, and that's the cheapest? That makes it cheaper to get it on ebay.

$ 50 to germany ... That makes 67 € shipped to germany. I rather buy from a Hong Kong dealer for 18 € shipped. I don´t get the Blister version. But hey who gives a damn ...

Last edited:
Is it possible to marry these to a Sideshow SW headsculpt?

Tonights MVP award goes to King. :wave

Yes, you usually can. You just need something to tack it on the small post with, like glue or double sided tape.

Yes, filling the sideshow head with hot glue is one way to do it :)
another really nice thing is that the hot toyws wrist pegs on these bodies actualy fits the sideshow hands.
anakin003.jpg

Sweet. Ordered four. :rock Goodbye, monkey-armed Luke. :wave

body is WAAAAY too tall for luke. as long as you don't care too much about scale, though it's fine. However, his clothing can be a little hard to get onto the body with some of his tighter fitting outfits.

if you want to fix lukes monkey arms, put him on a promethus body. it will take the same neck as a hot toys body, and Lukes clothes Fit the pro body like it was custom tailored for it.

Back