Hot Toys Truetypes!! GET EM WHILE YOU CAN!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the Pro is much too tall for Luke also, and has a completely different type of neck joint.

Depends. As far as the height issue goes, i prefer the pro body for my sideshow short characters, and the truetype as a replacement for the standard buck body. Not sure what to do about the taller characters just yet. However, you are quite mistaken about the neck joint. the Pro and the Truetype have the Exact same neck joint. the pro typicaly comes with the neck adapter for heads with no necks, however a Hot toys Neck adapter for heads with sculpted necks ( like the adapter used on the Hot toys joker) Will also fit the pro body just fine.

has anyone ever sanded down the shoulders with a dremel or something? are the shoulders pretty solid, or are they hollow?

you can sand them a little, they do eventualy become hollow, but there is a bit of plastic there. however, it's not realy enough to make that much of a difference aone. there is a tutorial on the OSW forums about cutting the chest apart and modding it to slim down the shoulders.
I wish these bodies had been the new slimmer shouklders as well, unfortunately, they're not. i need to Get atleast one hot toys body from the 'bay, I guess for EPII Ben.

Depends. As far as the height issue goes, i prefer the pro body for my sideshow short characters, and the truetype as a replacement for the standard buck body. Not sure what to do about the taller characters just yet. However, you are quite mistaken about the neck joint.

Actually, he is correct. He was referring to the Sideshow Luke body and not a TT. You cannot replace a HT neck onto a Sideshow Buck body.

Depends. As far as the height issue goes, i prefer the pro body for my sideshow short characters, and the truetype as a replacement for the standard buck body. Not sure what to do about the taller characters just yet. However, you are quite mistaken about the neck joint. the Pro and the Truetype have the Exact same neck joint. the pro typicaly comes with the neck adapter for heads with no necks, however a Hot toys Neck adapter for heads with sculpted necks ( like the adapter used on the Hot toys joker) Will also fit the pro body just fine.

From my measurements the Pro and TT are the same height - so I'm not sure how that works for short characters. But I was referring to the viability of the Pro for Jedi Luke - the neck joints are incompatible.

From my measurements the Pro and TT are the same height - so I'm not sure how that works for short characters. But I was referring to the viability of the Pro for Jedi Luke - the neck joints are incompatible.

I knew what you meant. The interchangeability of the Pro and TT necks. He may have thought that Hot Toys had made a Luke.

No, I meant the sideshow Jedi luke. Using this hot toys neck adapter,

img5082.th.jpg

You can put any existing sideshow head onto a Sideshow promethius body.

I originally posted this in the DC, TDK Gordon thread, but its relevant to the current discussion so -

hey guys - quick question, was just checking up on Gary Oldman's height so I could maybe get a more accurate scale body for him standing next to the HT Batman / Joker / Harvey etc.

So I found that Bale's height is about 6'0, Ledger was about 6'1, and Eckhart is 5'11.

But Gary Oldman is significantly shorter at 5'9. Are there any slightly shorter 1/6 scale bodies out there? It would need to be compatible with Spenser's HS in terms of the neck joint etc. (i really don't know much about these things, fairly new to the 1/6 world)

Appreciate any suggestions! Thanks

No, I meant the sideshow Jedi luke. Using this hot toys neck adapter,

img5082.th.jpg

You can put any existing sideshow head onto a Sideshow promethius body.

That's what I do. I never glue them, but I do put paper and a rubber band to hold it in place. You never know when you might want to change it to another body.:eek:

I beleive that the james dean red jacket version, as well as the ne batman uses the slimmer body as well. Atleast that's what the OSW people seem to think.

I beleive that the james dean red jacket version, as well as the ne batman uses the slimmer body as well. Atleast that's what the OSW people seem to think.

they have slimmer shoulders, see Dean review thread, but regular torsos I believe. The MJ is the only current slim TT.

Hopefully they will make the slim body available soon. Also, they need to release a version without the molded neck so you can fit heads that already come with a neck.

Bummer I missed out on these... I ordered 3 from GoodStuffToGo, but haven't heard any updates from them.

Back