HT--Executive Officer---KANE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see nothing resembling John Hurt in that sculpt... they might as well have renamed him. Guess there's no choice but to wait for someone to offer an accurate likeness of Kane, and I hope QC at least takes care of the less than desirable paint apps on the hugger... not at all impressed by what I've seen so far. I had much higher expectations for this figure, but I still won't be canceling Kane. The suit and all the other goodies all look mighty impressive, and no doubt someone will sculpt a much better likeness of Kane before long, so I think I'll just wait and see what happens. That facehugger sculpt can be repainted, in any case.

As someone already mentioned, this may not bode well for the planned human characters from Predator... but I hope they manage to at least get Arnold's approval for the likeness of Dutch. Maybe they'll be able to get away with "disguising" some of the other characters likenesses with the paint apps, like they did with some of the Aliens Colonial Marines... but if the head sculpts end up being too far off... major bummer. :monkey4 :monkey2

I see nothing resembling John Hurt in that sculpt... they might as well have renamed him. Guess there's no choice but to wait for someone to offer an accurate likeness of Kane, and I hope QC at least takes care of the less than desirable paint apps on the hugger... not at all impressed by what I've seen so far. I had much higher expectations for this figure, but I still won't be canceling Kane. The suit and all the other goodies all look pretty impressive, and no doubt someone will sculpt a much better likeness of him before long, so I think I'll just wait and see what happens. And the facehugger sculpt can be repainted, in any case.

As someone already mentioned, this may not bode well for the planned human characters from Predator... but I hope they manage to at least get Arnold's approval for the likeness of Dutch. Maybe they'll be able to get away with "disguising" some of the other characters likenesses with the paint apps, like they did with some of the Aliens Colonial Marines... but if the head sculpts end up being too far off... major bummer. :monkey4 :monkey2

I cringe at the thought of a mustached Dutch....:monkey2

Based on the latest Billy and Dutch photos, the impression I'm getting is that Hot Toys can still play it's cover up games with liknesses but the paint apps have to be more extremem now. It's not enough to give drake a mustache and red hair anymore, which is why the Kane looks so off, but with full on camo like the Predator figures, you can get away with it.

Looking at the 2 before I was all for the kane version as long as it had a resemblence to John Hurt, looking at it now I cant bring myself to buy it, I will only get the Dallas one I think.

Shame, who would of thought an actor who is so layed back like John Hurt is would have stick up his arse about action figures.

I mean the ultimate homage is to be an action figure!

Still getting it, I'm not abandoning ALIEN.

Disappointing that we can't get John Hurt but I'm sure that's a bunch of licensor issues that are out of Hot Toys' control. I'm happy we're at least getting these figures.

Some customizers might be able to do some John Hurt heads if you really want them.

I'm posing him facehugged!

I'm posing him facehugged!

Me too!

And you're right -- I'm sure someone's on the Kane likeness already, at least thinking about it. Les, Spenser... ?

I would think, even though most will pose with the facehugger, that nearly everyone who bought Kane would want to have a true Hurt likeness as well.

Well, I'm of the "posed WITHOUT the facehugged head" side of the debate. And I'm damn disappointed in this likeness. But, I'm still getting him and still displaying him without the Facehugger.

Based on the latest Billy and Dutch photos, the impression I'm getting is that Hot Toys can still play it's cover up games with liknesses but the paint apps have to be more extremem now. It's not enough to give drake a mustache and red hair anymore, which is why the Kane looks so off, but with full on camo like the Predator figures, you can get away with it.

Even with the overdone camo I like the Billy likeness for sonny landham. Hopefully that sculpt stays - unlike Kane where a different head altogether seems to have been devised.

It's really frustrating when one considers that Sideshow are still showing the John Hurt likeness on their website and on their 360' quicktime movie. I was looking at it just now. :monkey4

It's really frustrating when one considers that Sideshow are still showing the John Hurt likeness on their website and on their 360' quicktime movie. I was looking at it just now. :monkey4

I'm sure once SSC gets it's hands on a production figure, they'll update it, but they don't have theirs yet, all they've had access to is the prototype, and knowing HT, they're not going to release official images showing the head difference.

Back