Jon El's Customs [New Clones Post 136]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jon El's Customs (Phase 2 Shiny White Clone, 212/442, Ventress pg 6)

Darth JonEL "force choked" my wallet and stopped me from bidding.

What type or brand of paint do toy recommend for painting armor? Thanks.

I've been using Americana but only because it was available at the craft store next to my gym and I haven't tried anything else

It looked good on that white phase 2. I don't want to use a brush because i will end up leaving brush strokes.

Yeah it definitely leaves brush strokes if you're not careful. I don't have an airbrush so I just manage with brushes.

New addition: Holiday Yoda environment!
IMG_1799.jpg

I had some small presents to add to the trail but ran out of room.

Re: Jon El's Customs (Holiday Yoda Environment pg 7)

Pretty neat there bud!

Very nice. Is that the holiday yoda that sideshow made?

I lost another bid on eBay. I'm holding you responsible until I hear otherwise.:gah:

Dude!!!! LOL:thud: That is simply too funny. You have sith running through your veins. I can't wait to see what you do. By the way, how are the mods coming?

What color paint did you use to match up to Fox's armor color? I'd like to pick up a Fox for my shelf if I can paint match a Phase 2 helmet for him. Already have an idea for a face mod.

Are you working tonight?

It was a mix of a dark red with some midnight blue to bring a slight plum to it and medium gray mixed with a little black to dull it down

I have to say, that's pretty awesome. Good work!

Okay so I finally took a day to do some more custom work, today was a height extension and repaint to the Hasbro Dooku, I'm really happy with how it came out.

Heres a comparison to Thrawn
IMG_2015_zps16fb9a82.jpg

And some closeups
IMG_2020_zps48e36a93.jpg

IMG_2021_zps485bdea6.jpg

might eventually add an actual chain to replace the plastic one

New addition: Holiday Yoda environment!
IMG_1799.jpg

I had some small presents to add to the trail but ran out of room.

This is the same Yoda that I pull out each year. Unlike you I put weapons in his hands and he takes on Santa. I just don't feel like using the Nikon and Photoshop (I used my Razr) to take pictures.

On the other hand my GF is a sport about it (Its her's) so I bought her the new one that is coming out. Being I turn him into a Sith. He does look good with Mauls Saber, Hawkeye Bow, I even put a chain gun in his hands.

Re: Jon El's Customs (Dooku pg8)

i so need to repaint my dooku's head...just dont think i can..
oh and i added a real chain to his cape..much better....i also posted on you dooku help thread...i kinda jumped the gun and posted it there before i read this one...lol

btw love the new painted head...very cool..

thanks man, i checked that out, i like the chain you added i need to copy that

you should..the real chain makes a world of difference..i use some shiny metal brads to replace the crappy plastic ones that he had as well...
i should have made him a whole new shirt..but i was lazy...so i kept his original long sleeve one, made him a new collar(i had previously stolen his for my ROTJ luke bash..lol)....and then i whipped up some fake sleeves and sewn them onto his shoulders...
here is a pic it was pretty easy and like i said on the other thread...much better and just the right length...i still need to go in and repaint his belt...and maybe his saber hilt too...and eventually his head..lol...
dookusleeve22_zpsab59be69.jpg

Back