[Kato's Work]1/6- American Apparel Baby Thermal Henley + cargo pants

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks I can't wait. But people are calling me crazy after I tell them what i got and I how much I paid for them. Who cares what they say.:nana: but they won't have what we have in the end!!:yess:

Keep in mind its almost all labor on most of this stuff. Yes you can drive down to the local store and pick up a shirt and pants for maybe $40 total that you can wear yourself, but how much would a tailor charge you to build the same shirt and pants? Ill tell you right now it would not be $40. Same goes for all this custom stuff. The cost is not in materials. Let's take head sculpts for an example. Customizers charge between $25 and $85ish for a casting. The cast itself may cost about .50 cents to a dollar in resin, but the artist must take into account the original effort it took to create the original sculpt. Depending on the skill level and complexity, this could take upto 100 hours or more. Also the time it took to make the mold and finally the cast itself. Let's say 40 hours for the sculpture, 2 hours for the mold and 30 minutes for the casting and clean-up. That is conservatively 42.5 hours invested time $10 (not much more then minimum wage in the US) is $425 in labor. Divide that by $30, the price per head sold, and it would take 14 heads just to break even. I didn't even factor in the price of mold material which can get expensive.

So back to Kato and his prices. I have built small clothing and I have built full size clothing and I can tell you this, figuring out patterns to make both is a long process of trial and error. And its compounded when you are dealing with such a small scale. 1/8" + or - is the difference between something too tight to even fit and being so big it looks like complete crap. Kato is a master tailor in this scale so im sure its faster for him, but you get what you pay for. He is using some techniques that are just plain magic.

Point is, most people don't have a clue about what it takes to create this stuff.

Last edited:
Exactly!!! Now I'm even thinking of upgrading the Joker suit now.:horror you just can't getter than Kato's outfits. All the money that was going into building my Chopper Predator from scratch will now be going into the Jokers new threads.:yess::yess:

if you're looking into making a figure of this guy these are the way to go. Outstanding quality. You can't have the pefect figure without em.

To swo77

Since yr mail box is full , I would like to inform you that your rearrangment of henley and cargo pants are ready.

I just received package from Kato. I'm very happy that the clothes fits perfectly to the figure. The details are extraordinarily awesome! :) Thanks, Kato, you're the best!

dex.jpg

I just received package from Kato. I'm very happy that the clothes fits perfectly to the figure. The details are extraordinarily awesome! :) Thanks, Kato, you're the best!

dex.jpg

Which head sculpt is that? I've never seen it before it looks pretty good do you have any other pictures?

Back