READ FIRST POST! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] American Psycho - Patrick Bateman OFFICIAL INTEREST LIST and VOTING

Started watching the movie again today. I think a smirking expression would be best, to capture his insane maniacal side that comes out to play before a kill.

Although would it be too much to ask for a stern face as the DX? It would only be a slight change from the smirk, meaning less time re sculpting. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I would love a stern , sweating DX sculpt, to capture that moment of pure hatred and jealousy, particularly seen when he is shown Allan's business card.

If we can only have 1, then it is a very tough choice. I'd say we need a vote.

But instead of a regular poll where any man and his dog can anonymously vote, I think Axe should start a list with everyone's name (who is on the list) and write down their preference. That way we know that the winning expression has been chosen by the true fans.

As far as outfit/accessories go, I would personally like to see a CLEAN raincoat and axe, his trademark suit, a nail gun possibly? The headphones, and sunglasses would also make cool accessories.

Re: [iminime] American Psycho - Patrick Bateman OFFICIAL INTEREST LIST and VOTING

Would it be possible with Bateman with the overcoat
5pat.jpg

That's the expression and Bateman I would like to see. Include the raincoat and axe and we're golden.

No disrespect meant here but I would rather pay $800 for a perfect Rainman like version. I always hoped Rainman would tackle this. The tailoring and the accessories scream Rainman. I really hope if Iminime do this they go over board on tailoring etc.I would rather pay more for a better quality product.

If we can only have 1, then it is a very tough choice. I'd say we need a vote.

But instead of a regular poll where any man and his dog can anonymously vote, I think Axe should start a list with everyone's name (who is on the list) and write down their preference. That way we know that the winning expression has been chosen by the true fans.

Right on... so I say you guys post the picture you want to capture, Ill update it on the first post and then... compile all the pics... and we will have our vote
That's the expression and Bateman I would like to see. Include the raincoat and axe and we're golden.

No disrespect meant here but I would rather pay $800 for a perfect Rainman like version. I always hoped Rainman would tackle this. The tailoring and the accessories scream Rainman. I really hope if Iminime do this they go over board on tailoring etc.I would rather pay more for a better quality product.
I dunno if you have the Demon in your collection, but some of those who have, have told me that the tailoring is almost like Kato's quality...
So you know they do suits well... tailoring formal suits isnt something Id worry about with quality considering its their forte...

I so hope this happens soon, this is most definitely one of my grails! I'd vote for a smirk expression....... I think, it would be a tough decision!

Okay the pictures for sculpt expressions are up please vote with your numbers or just post a pic of the exact expression... :wave

Re: [iminime] American Psycho - Patrick Bateman INTEREST LIST PLEASE VOTE FOR EXPRESS

They're all really good! Except I'm not a big fan of the focused expression. I want something with a bit more character. Hmmm..........You sure we can't have 2?:lol

How are we going to decide outfit/accessories. It could be done in the same sort of manner, but instead of pictures you just write a description of what will be included, and have say, 5 options for people to choose from.

Re: [iminime] American Psycho - Patrick Bateman INTEREST LIST PLEASE VOTE FOR EXPRESS

They're all really good! Except I'm not a big fan of the focused expression. I want something with a bit more character. Hmmm..........You sure we can't have 2?:lol

How are we going to decide outfit/accessories. It could be done in the same sort of manner, but instead of pictures you just write a description of what will be included, and have say, 5 options for people to choose from.
Wanna go with the slight smile? The one between focused and smile... its at the end... Im leaning to that...

lets select the sculpt before all the outfit/accessories thing...

How about this for the sculpt? has that little smile... and also can double up as a clean focused look... planning his next murder look as I call it (taken from the duct tape/head in fridge scene)
platz-8-christian-bale-in-american-psycho-2000-12330.jpg

there is a great site with all the HD screencaps from the movie from every frame so if anyone wants to ruffle through them to come up with suggestions you are welcome
https://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/MoviesAC/thumbnails.php?album=5

nice pic just reminds of bruce wayne though

I'm thinking 6 for me, it's subtle but still my favourite serial killer...... along with Dexter obviously.

My vote is kind of dependant on the outfit.

I love Focused and Manic Joy.

If we can get the full suit, overcoat, walkman headphones, raincoat and axe etc, then focused would be my vote.

If we are just getting shirt,tie and raincoat, then I would probably go for manic joy. So for me it is largely dependant on the final outfit choice.

I think the Raincoat is a given... and iconic for the film. That whole Paul Allen scene is by far for me the most hilarious and iconic scene in the movie... Bateman's motivation and whole persona was captured in that one scene...
And Denny himself was telling me he was ok with the clothing, raincoat axe combo... so Im pretty sure thats definitely happening

For the rest of the clothing and accessories we can surely pitch in and see what can be done... lets atleast try to get the figure started!

I think the Raincoat is a given... and iconic for the film. That whole Paul Allen scene is by far for me the most hilarious and iconic scene in the movie... Bateman's motivation and whole persona was captured in that one scene...

Sure.

All I am thinking is in my opinion focused would go with both looks if indeed Iminime wanted to offer the full suit and overcoat with raincoat included.

If they just plan on the raincoat look then I think manic joy would probably make the most sense.

Would it be possible for Iminime to use the narrow tt for Bateman? I don't really want to have to swap it out when it arrives. Can't they just use the narrow tt from the get go on this one?

The tt is perfect for Bateman and plus then the suit is tailored perfectly. Would hate to swap it over to the narrow tt for the clothes not to fit as perfectly.

Really hard but I agree with teddy it depends on the suit option with the coat or not.

Iminime always use the Narrow TT equivalent bodies... specially for newer releases they will be using the v2 of the knock offs which come with tighter joints and wrists joints the same as the original Narrow TT

I would have gone for the Manic Laugh/Smile option but I know it will be the MOST difficult sculpt to capture likeness... Bale is a very difficult likeness to capture and it has been proved by various tries over years... that too a neutral look. Without enough references Im not sure how well it can be executed. As for an expressive sculpt like that you need a LOT of references from different angles...

I would have gone with focused too... but it reminds me too much of Bruce Wayne. Therefore my choice of smiling/slight open mouth smirk...

Iminime always use the Narrow TT equivalent bodies... specially for newer releases they will be using the v2 of the knock offs which come with tighter joints and wrists joints the same as the original Narrow TT

Why can't we just have the real deal? I am sure most people would be happy to pay the extra premium for the real deal.

The concerns I have are height issues and joint issues. They have been well documented.

Why can't we just have the real deal? I am sure most people would be happy to pay the extra premium for the real deal.

The concerns I have are height issues and joint issues. They have been well documented.
No more height issues.... thats been sorted, and if you see the demon thread the joints have each been manually tightened by Iminime before shipping. And the v2 as I said comes with much tighter joints due to the many complains regarding it.

Plus once the project can go we can all voice our opinion to Denny and see what can be done... he is offering head and outfit sets too so incase you really dont want the body... but like I said. All these logistics can be handled once we get a confirmed go from Denny which depends on how well we can collectivise and agree on certain main things and show how serious we are about the figure

And with that we can request Rainman to take a more hands on approach and it can become a special release compared to others... Like I said this will be an ideal Halloween project for Rainman too...

lets select the sculpt before all the outfit/accessories thing...

Oh of course. I was just suggesting a way of tackling all the possible ideas and sorting them into a clean, straightforward vote. Make Denny's job that bit easier:1-1:

I will finish watching the movie, then decide what expression I prefer.

he is offering head and outfit sets too so incase you really dont want the body

WHAT!?!:thud:That's awesome!! Is this a new approach to try and increase sales? Because I think it will:yess:

Back