Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the risk of being labeled a troll, I'm still not liking the paint apps on the headsculpt. I think it's hurting the Viggo sculpt underneath, particularly the mouth area, where the lips appear to be pursed.

Disclaimer: I'm basing MY OPINION solely on the photos being posted so far. Perhaps in hand it looks considerably better.

The rest of the paint apps look fine.

P.S. Allan, I'm looking forward to your opinion, bro.

TROLL.:wave

I'm not a statue guy (more into PFs and 1/6) and didn't order this up front, but got it off the waitlist - but I have to say that it's probably the best representation of the character we've seen from any company.

I'm not a statue guy (more into PFs and 1/6) and didn't order this up front, but got it off the waitlist - but I have to say that it's probably the best representation of the character we've seen from any company.

First part made me :lol

Nice! More good things about this piece. looking forward to it. :rock

At the risk of being labeled a troll, I'm still not liking the paint apps on the headsculpt. I think it's hurting the Viggo sculpt underneath, particularly the mouth area, where the lips appear to be pursed.

Disclaimer: I'm basing MY OPINION solely on the photos being posted so far. Perhaps in hand it looks considerably better.

The rest of the paint apps look fine.

P.S. Allan, I'm looking forward to your opinion, bro.

I feel the same way as you. When I look at the pics on the SS site, then look at the pics here, I'm sorry but, I'm a bit disappointed. The paint to me is too harsh. I'm hoping when I get him, probably Friday, that's it looks better than it does to me now. My Aragorn PF looks just like, if not better than the pics on the SS site. I was hoping the same for this.

I'm glad to hear you say that, Dave. Hopefully I'll feel better come Friday.

I mean.......it's Viggo, dammit!! Don't screw around! :D

^^^^^

viggo_mortensen.jpg

I got mine. Very satisfied with it. EX head is even better than in Pics. Asking for a replacement as there is a nick on its back unfortunatedly.

DSC02594.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

DSC02596.jpg

DSC02597.jpg

DSC02598.jpg

DSC02599.jpg

DSC02600.jpg

DSC02601.jpg

Where on the back is the nick? Thanks for sharing the pic. If you get the same # when you get your replacement let us know I'll add it to the registry.

Yeah, that does suck. The headsculpts look great, and if you are completely happy with them you might want to ask for a replacement body instead of replacing the entire statue.

:nana:

I agree that straight from the factory it's definitely one of the top 2 representations of Aragorn. (PF being the other). I guess I expected a higher level of detailing in the facial paint apps. I've been rather spoiled with, believe it or not, Hot Toys' headsculpt paint apps on their "gasp!" latest 1/6th scaled figures. I was expecting/hoping for that level of detailing here as well.

By the way, great pics, Ricardofeitoza!!" :rock

Just checked mine over & I am super pleased with this maquette. No issues at all. Both head sculpts look great, just a amazing representation of Strider.

Wow, just . . . WOW!! :yess:

Loving it, the scale is perfect, the detail is there, the likeness is most certainly there; so they may have gotten a tad bit happy with the mud, but who knows how muddy it is around Amon Hen?!

I only have my iPhone for pics, so in the interest of sanity, I will not post those shots. :slap

Once again, these photos don't do justice to these pieces - and those who have Strider in hand know exactly what I mean.

Does anyone else think that Strider's BOW string should be BLACK or DARK BROWN instead of WHITE??

the more pictures that are posted, the more I like the piece.

Excited for mine to arrive.

So far, I think it is the best Aragorn. I'd say the p.f. , but it was the prototype that was the best. Not the production piece (never liked the crazed look it had).

I got mine today and have to say it looks very impressive. My base has a small scratch on it but nothing major. The portraits are painted very well on mine, remind me of the prototypes.

This could be a GREAT line. When does Gandalf ship!?!? :)

Back