Got my boxed Hot Toys Hicks signed...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highwayman57

Freakalicious
Reaction score
... by actor Michael Biehn Saturday at the Chiller Theatre expo in New Jersey. He said that he hadn't seen one of the figs before. He also signed my "Aliens" and "Tombstone" DVDs. I got more autographs too-- Thomas Jane on "The Punisher" DVD, David Arquette on a poster for "The Tripper", Tony Todd on my "Candyman" and "Final Destination" DVDs, and Kristy Swanson on the DVD of "The Phantom"!

I think he was tired from a late flight-- he was supposed to be at the show on Friday night, but his assigned table was empty then. I had to wait in line Saturday for him for about an hour and pay $20 per autograph. He did smile when I said I'd been a fan for over twenty years, and he brightened a bit when I asked how long it took for him to learn to twirl the pistol in "Tombstone" (he said it took three months!)

it's a shame he was never a big time, leading man, movie star. he's great in everything he does. it was nice to see him in planet terror.

captain sack said:
it's a shame he was never a big time, leading man, movie star. he's great in everything he does. it was nice to see him in planet terror.

Agreed. Biehn is a great underrated actor and was always one of my favorites. He should have been used more. Loved him in Tombstone and The Abyss playing the villain.

It was a small role, but I liked his character in The Rock as well, he really plays the stand up, root for him, protector soldier very well, Cameron was very wise casting him as Reese and I think we all lucked out that the original Hicks didn't work out and we got Biehn instead.

Who was the original Hicks?

And I agree, Biehn is a really cool actor and one that probably could have had a much better career if given the chance. But it seems like there are always those great actors that slip through the cracks. Although, if I could have Reese and Hicks on my resume I'd be pretty stoked :rock

MaulFan said:
It was a small role, but I liked his character in The Rock as well, he really plays the stand up, root for him, protector soldier very well, Cameron was very wise casting him as Reese and I think we all lucked out that the original Hicks didn't work out and we got Biehn instead.
I know I'd love to see him in more roles. He did a TV series awhile back called Adventure Inc; that could've been good, but the writing just sucked. The only reason I watched it was because he was in it.
We need more Biehn!

dekadentdave said:
Loved him in Tombstone and The Abyss playing the villain.

:rock :rock :rock

Well with this list:
Terminator
Aliens
Tombstone
The Abyss
& Grindhouse most recently

That'd be most actor's dream careers. I have a feeling that after Grindhouse he'll be seeing more scripts coming in, I hope so, he's awesome.

It's a shame we never got to see the Future War prequel for Terminator that was originally scripted in T2 where Reese is sent back through the Time Displacement.

dekadentdave said:
It's a shame we never got to see the Future War prequel for Terminator that was originally scripted in T2 where Reese is sent back through the Time Displacement.
Oooh, that would've been Bad ass!

dekadentdave said:
Who was originally cast to play Hicks, anybody know?

from IMDB.com........

Hicks was originally played by James Remar, but Michael Biehn replaced him a few days after principal photography began, due to "artistic differences" between Remar and director James Cameron. However, Remar still appears in the finished film - but wearing the same armor, and shot from behind, it's impossible to tell the difference between the two actors.

check out the aliens DVD, where biehn talks about this and how he got paid almost no money to play hicks. he also talks about how he was pissed he got killed off in alien 3 and threatened to sue Fox if they didn't pay him for using his likeness in alien 3.

Last edited:
Interesting. Loved James Remar in 48 hrs. and he was in The Warriors. Too emotionally hard-edged to play Hicks though. Biehn made him cool and likeable.

Wow that rules. I look at him, Arnold and Sly in the same light. Too bad he never made it that far. And whoever said The Rock. You are so right Sir. Very bad ass in that movie. "We spilled the same blood in the same mud. And you know god damn givin well I can't give that order." That rocks! I am jealous my friend that you even got to be in the same room as him! :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Remar only appeared as the Marines entered the processor, backs to us. Biehn used Remar's outfit, never understood why Jim had the heart there, always thought it would serve better as a target. :lol Remar would have Played Hicks well IMO. Check out a few his pics same year, in '86. But Beihn is a fave of mine and nailed Hicks.

Another note, Biehn was called in cold with no prep, two days later he was on set in the UK, just poured into Hick's character.

Get the JC CE Director's cut, it's the best representation of the film.

:monkey5 wish he would sign my hicks figures too... from hot toys and from mcfarlane. that would be cool

I love Michael Beihn - One of my favourites and I can say anything else that you all haven't said about him... But he was in Grease!!!
11z.jpg

100.jpg

A great read for any MB fan
https://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/890/

Back