01-22-10 Q-n-A...some good stuff there!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The droids, Hammerhead, Probe Droid, Jango Fett and E1 Obiwan are fantastic to hear about.

The band and Gamorrean? meh...

Speaking for myself, I'm excited for ALL of those entries! Max Rebo is sort of a holy grail for me that I never expected would come this soon.

I'm with you, the Rebo band is a surprise all around. I wasn't sure they'd ever do it, let alone this soon, and getting granted permission to use the pre-SE designs. Gammy I understand being made, it's an interesting design and sort of a villain looking creature, but I figured the Rebo band might be brushed off as a low priority for the Jabba lineup, but thankfully they seem to really be pouring pieces into the Jabba crew to flesh out a diorama scene. It'd be cool if the band had a floor piece and even a wall chunk to help create environment like Han's wall and Jabba's throne.

I'm with you, the Rebo band is a surprise all around. I wasn't sure they'd ever do it, let alone this soon, and getting granted permission to use the pre-SE designs. Gammy I understand being made, it's an interesting design and sort of a villain looking creature, but I figured the Rebo band might be brushed off as a low priority for the Jabba lineup, but thankfully they seem to really be pouring pieces into the Jabba crew to flesh out a diorama scene. It'd be cool if the band had a floor piece and even a wall chunk to help create environment like Han's wall and Jabba's throne.

I can go without the $200 wall chunk slab of polystone. As it is, Rebo's "piano" will be polystone anyway and likely add $100 to the price.

I'm sure it will be a pricey set, I think visually it'd be interesting to have a little stage area to put them all on though, even with tiny Hasbro figures it looks a little weird to have them loosely standing around.

All exciting stuff...but the one that jumped out the most for me:

FULLY FURRY Chewbacca in PF form! :rock :rock :rock

The news about a new Han PF was exciting too, except I'd rather the Bespin outfit than the hoth outfit personally. :angelsmil

The droids in PF will no doubt be SPECTACULAR, with lights and (possibly?) moving parts (R2's head, 3PO's head and arms)...

Stormtrooper...multiple pose possibilty for PF?! armor in pieces, not fully sculpted like the clone and Yoda piece...Sounds AWESOME!!!

And finally, ROTS Obi-Wan is HIGH on the list for PF...bring it ON! Anakin is a little lonely!!! :D

Oh, the 1/6 stuff sounds cool too...especially the probe droid, Jango/Bobo and Grievous! :banana

All exciting stuff...but the one that jumped out the most for me:

FULLY FURRY Chewbacca in PF form! :rock :rock :rock

The news about a new Han PF was exciting too, except I'd rather the Bespin outfit than the hoth outfit personally. :angelsmil

The droids in PF will no doubt be SPECTACULAR, with lights and (possibly?) moving parts (R2's head, 3PO's head and arms)...

Stormtrooper...multiple pose possibilty for PF?! armor in pieces, not fully sculpted like the clone and Yoda piece...Sounds AWESOME!!!

And finally, ROTS Obi-Wan is HIGH on the list for PF...bring it ON! Anakin is a little lonely!!! :D

Oh, the 1/6 stuff sounds cool too...especially the probe droid, Jango/Bobo and Grievous! :banana

WOW to all of these but especially Chewbacca...furry Chewy!!! :rock

Great newsletter! Here are my highlights:

~Han is likely to be the next OT Rebel main character that we develop, and most likely he would appear in Hoth gear (certainly a costume from Empire)

This indicates that a nonrebel is coming next...more down below. :monkey1

~Is there a chance of a Premium Format Obi-Wan Kenobi from Revenge of the Sith to accompany the Anakin Premium Format?
Yup! He’s VERY high on our list of candidates.

What else can I say other than awsome!

Still, I wonder why the Master of it all - the Emperor - hasn’t been properly revered with a PF himself. I find this lack of attention very disturbing.

Indeed. Patience, Jedi - the dark side of the Force is strong with Palpatine...Yes, we are in development on another Sith Lord at the moment, although he’s not an EU character.

I am betting that the Emperor is going to be the next PF announcement; MAYBE Darth Vader RotJ, but I think we are going to see the Emperor very soon. :emperor

its crazy how many characters they are hinting at, but is it just me or is the SW going really slowly? It'll be a long wait for many of those. I'm doubting we'll see all those in 2011. We're still waiting on the Cody preorder and that was hinted at so long ago.

Thought so. Some of you guys don't read very well...:lol

Q: Is a Chewbacca Premium Format a possibility?

A: Yes, it is a possibility. The more we discuss Chewie for the PF line, the more we lean toward a sculpted-fur version.

Personally I wish they would concentrate on 1/6th droids (a medic droid would rock), aliens, vehicles, a furry Wookie, and creatures (like Taun Tauns, etc).

The Max Rebo band scene (even the original) was one of Lucas' more cringe-worthy Star Wars moments that I don't particularly care to spend several hundred dollars on.

Sean

I'm glad to see sculpted fur as consensus for PF Chewie, but I still wonder what the choice would be for a figure, since that would need to be posable vs. a statue.

Snowtrooper, Veers, and Tarkin all appear in our planning.

That was hidden in there, but damn good news too if they mean 1/6th. They must, right? Not a dio or PF certainly.

A Bespin Han PF sounds cool. Definitely not interested in a PF with the Hoth gear though. I am interested in Chewie, but only if he is furred.

Surprised still no new info on the next Legendary Scale Bust. The Cody is fantastic. I would like to know who they have coming up next.

I'm really glad that continue to pour pieces into the Jabba setup, it's the only real diorama of figures and creatures in the Star Wars line right now, it would have been a shame if they took it so far and stopped, but they're doing a great job of focusing on it when Jabba himself came out, and then a piece or two a year since keeps it growing, but it doesn't take too many slots form other things coming out. It's also fun to keep expanding on it, if it was all done in one year, might be boring, but every year, making it grow more and more is nice. Skiff Lando and Boba Fett are tops on my list of Jabba's Palace figures I hope Sideshow tackles and that haven't even been hinted yet.

I hear that the GI Joe Q&A mentioned a female Pro being developed, depending on how it looks, I wonder if it'll mean a Slave Leia would be more likely. I know some people are very picky about exposed joints for that figure, I personally don't care, as long as she's posable enough to sit properly on Jabba's throne and the chest isn't Dolly Parton sized like most female bodies.

Back