01-22-10 Q-n-A...some good stuff there!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glad rots obiwan is on the way soon. I will finally be able to complete my display of him, anakin and the original obiwan & vader.

sounds like an awesome amount of 1/6 in the works - in fact most of what i want-Also sounds like i better start saving but if we are hoest if they say 2011 we wont get delivery til 2012!!

My biggest wish is for Sideshow to go ahead with the Imperial Prode Droid. I can imagine it to be on a rod much like Darth Maul's Prode Droid, however this will be on a snow base.

Frankly its a good idea for Sideshow to let the news out early... so that we can all start saving $$$.:D

I want all the 1/6th possibilities.:D

I'm really glad that continue to pour pieces into the Jabba setup, it's the only real diorama of figures and creatures in the Star Wars line right now, it would have been a shame if they took it so far and stopped, but they're doing a great job of focusing on it when Jabba himself came out, and then a piece or two a year since keeps it growing, but it doesn't take too many slots form other things coming out. It's also fun to keep expanding on it, if it was all done in one year, might be boring, but every year, making it grow more and more is nice. Skiff Lando and Boba Fett are tops on my list of Jabba's Palace figures I hope Sideshow tackles and that haven't even been hinted yet.

I hear that the GI Joe Q&A mentioned a female Pro being developed, depending on how it looks, I wonder if it'll mean a Slave Leia would be more likely. I know some people are very picky about exposed joints for that figure, I personally don't care, as long as she's posable enough to sit properly on Jabba's throne and the chest isn't Dolly Parton sized like most female bodies.

I think SSC should take a note out of Hasbro's play book when it comes to Slave Leia. Hasbro's recent SL had the separate sculpted base for legs and a separate fully articulated set of legs that both attach to the upper torso. I think SSC could really take that idea and run with it.

That would also prevent them from having to develop a female body with the capability to strike that slinky Leia pose...which I think would be very difficult even for Hot Toys :naughty

I'm most excited about the Han PF and Stormtrooper PF. I think the Hoth outfit would look so much better in PF than a Bespin outfit. And the idea Sideshow is leaning toward for the Stormtrooper sounds great, but I fear it'll translate into a higher price tag.

Im just glad they are working on several cool pieces, 09 was a complete let down for me, at least I saved some cash.

I think SSC should take a note out of Hasbro's play book when it comes to Slave Leia. Hasbro's recent SL had the separate sculpted base for legs and a separate fully articulated set of legs that both attach to the upper torso. I think SSC could really take that idea and run with it.

That would also prevent them from having to develop a female body with the capability to strike that slinky Leia pose...which I think would be very difficult even for Hot Toys :naughty

It's very easy to have a base body capable of the Leia pose, it's been done, it's just a matter of a decent looking body, which the female Buck isn't.

This is my Slave Leia custom sitting properly on the throne, just a typical 1/6 body.

5.jpg

Here are the highlights I like for the 1/6 line.

- R2-D2 and C-3PO in development and likely for 2011.
- Episode I Obi-Wan and Episode II Anakin high up on to do list with likelihood in 2011
- Grievous in development
- Imperial Prode Droid good chance
- Gamorrean Guard not too far away from unveiling
- Sy Snootles and Max Rebo band moving into sculpture phase soon with a green light to use the 1983 Sy Snootles design
- Jango Fett will include Morrison portrait, and any Clones where the face is seen in Clone Wars or film

Now that would be sweet! :D I was hoping Hasbro would re-tool their 1997-98 version of the probe droid for this years 30th anniv :duh. If SSC released their 1/6 scale version, oh boy....:drool

Here are the highlights I like for the 1/6 line.

- R2-D2 and C-3PO in development and likely for 2011.
- Episode I Obi-Wan and Episode II Anakin high up on to do list with likelihood in 2011
- Grievous in development
- Imperial Prode Droid good chance
- Gamorrean Guard not too far away from unveiling
- Sy Snootles and Max Rebo band moving into sculpture phase soon with a green light to use the 1983 Sy Snootles design
- Jango Fett will include Morrison portrait, and any Clones where the face is seen in Clone Wars or film

Knowing the droids are on the way is great news...
I've got an Ep I custom Obi that I'm happy with but the Ep II Anakin sound sgood, BUT only if it means a Geonosis Arena Padme 1/6 will be revealed as well...
A 1/6 Grievous (with HT involvement) is stupendous considering earlier on it was stated that a Greivous would be impossible or as close to that to develop...
Indifferent on the Probe droid...
Love to have a SSC Gamorrean to go along with the Hasbro one and the band for Jabba will make that 1/6 display truly (excuse the pun) rock... :rock2:rock2:rock2

Unfortunately, I fear 1/6 Padme may get treated like a very low priority character, which sucks because I would like a film version, most of all the Geonosian Arena costume.

Unfortunately, I fear 1/6 Padme may get treated like a very low priority character, which sucks because I would like a film version, most of all the Geonosian Arena costume.

I'd prefer that too, over her Queen get-up from Ep. I. Unfortunately, I can't help but think of the psycho snowbunny though. Worse than Yavin Luke, she was definitely the Pam Voorhees of the SW line. :lol

It's very easy to have a base body capable of the Leia pose, it's been done, it's just a matter of a decent looking body, which the female Buck isn't.

This is my Slave Leia custom sitting properly on the throne, just a typical 1/6 body.

5.jpg

Just doesn't sell it for me...looks horrible :horror I think SSC is capable of doing lots of things, developing a 1/6th body to capture the grace and style of Slave Leia ain't one of em...imo :monkey3

But to each his own. Glad you like it :joy

Just doesn't sell it for me...looks horrible :horror I think SSC is capable of doing lots of things, developing a 1/6th body to capture the grace and style of Slave Leia ain't one of em...imo :monkey3

But to each his own. Glad you like it :joy

You're just not going to get the poseability out of a 1:6 female body that is needed for Slave Leia without exposed joints. And personally, I'd rather have a poseable Leia than a half-statue.

You're just not going to get the poseability out of a 1:6 female body that is needed for Slave Leia without exposed joints. And personally, I'd rather have a poseable Leia than a half-statue.

Well, that's my point. If they did it the way Hasbro did their current 3 3/4" Slave Leia, its a win win!

They can sculpt a partial lower body base with a modified upper body to fit both the base and include fully articulated legs for action poses. That way anyone wanting to pose her with their Jabba display can have a very accurate looking SL and anyone wanting to just pose her in an action pose would have the articulated legs to do just that.

https://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBD17Leia.asp

I think SSC could really make this design concept that Hasbro came up with look 1000x better.

Back