01-22-10 Q-n-A...some good stuff there!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that's my point. If they did it the way Hasbro did their current 3 3/4" Slave Leia, its a win win!

They can sculpt a partial lower body base with a modified upper body to fit both the base and include fully articulated legs for action poses. That way anyone wanting to pose her with their Jabba display can have a very accurate looking SL and anyone wanting to just pose her in an action pose would have the articulated legs to do just that.

https://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBD17Leia.asp

I think SSC could really make this design concept that Hasbro came up with look 1000x better.

Sculpted lower half to swap out is bleck! Not only that but I'd hate to see the price tag on that figure. As it is, she doesn't have very many accessories so you'd be dropping a pretty penny on a barebones figure. As you told MF, that wouldn't sell for me and would actually look quite horrible having sculpted lower half w/jointed upper. But to each his own. I'd prefer my action figures with poseability. They are action figures after all. Those that don't like it can just as easily look into what GG or Koto are doing as an option for Slave Leia.

I'd prefer that too, over her Queen get-up from Ep. I. Unfortunately, I can't help but think of the psycho snowbunny though. Worse than Yavin Luke, she was definitely the Pam Voorhees of the SW line. :lol

I would prefer the Queen Ep. I look for a PF (light up gown) but I'd also take a Geonosis Arena Padme as a PF... but if an Ep. II Anakin is going to be revealed to go along with the great Ep. II Obi then I definitely hope that a Padme won't be too far behind.

I would prefer the Queen Ep. I look for a PF (light up gown) but I'd also take a Geonosis Arena Padme as a PF... but if an Ep. II Anakin is going to be revealed to go along with the great Ep. II Obi then I definitely hope that a Padme won't be too far behind.

Amidala's Queen get-up is definitely striking, but it just doesn't scream Star Wars to me. I don't know why but it just never did (I own all the Hasbro Portrait editions too). I just see it looking more like a grab from some pseudo Asian/French/Indian fashion fusion, than LFL. Padme in the arena outfit is a great nod to Leia and IMO, just looks more at home in the Saga.

Amidala's Queen get-up is definitely striking, but it just doesn't scream Star Wars to me. I don't know why but it just never did (I own all the Hasbro Portrait editions too). I just see it looking like a grab from some pseudo Asian/French/Indian fashion fusion, than LFL. Padme in the arena outfit is a great nod to Leia and IMO, just looks more at home in the Saga.

Well the two dominant images that always come to mind when thinking about Ep. I (for me anyway), and maybe it was just through the marketing campaign at Taco Bell and KFC :lol , were Darth Maul and Queen Amidala.

I think the gown (with light-up function) and the overall look is perfect for the PF line... but maybe I'm just talking as a father of two daughters who hopes they enjoy the movies as much as dad...

Well the two dominant images that always come to mind when thinking about Ep. I (for me anyway), and maybe it was just through the marketing campaign at Taco Bell and KFC :lol , were Darth Maul and Queen Amidala.

I think the gown (with light-up function) and the overall look is perfect for the PF line... but maybe I'm just talking as a father of two daughters who hopes they enjoy the movies as much as dad...

My daughter already loves SW. Fortunately she has a thing for Obi and absolutely insisted on going as him for Halloween (we just turned her into a Padawan though). But I get what you're saying and expect that eventually she'll move in that direction as well.

I'd prefer that too, over her Queen get-up from Ep. I. Unfortunately, I can't help but think of the psycho snowbunny though. Worse than Yavin Luke, she was definitely the Pam Voorhees of the SW line. :lol

Amidala's Queen get-up is definitely striking, but it just doesn't scream Star Wars to me. I don't know why but it just never did (I own all the Hasbro Portrait editions too). I just see it looking more like a grab from some pseudo Asian/French/Indian fashion fusion, than LFL. Padme in the arena outfit is a great nod to Leia and IMO, just looks more at home in the Saga.

The queen dresses in Episode I were eleagant and woudl certainly make sharp PFs, but I much prefer more "involved in action" looks for Padme.

I'd get figures of here in all of these costumes.

battle7.jpg

tatooine5.jpg

natalie-portman1.jpg

promo4.jpg

I MIGHT get her red Naboo dress from EP1 if it seemed likely to be the only Padme coming. #1 for me is Geonosis outfit, #2 the purple handmaiden disguis from TPM, I really like both looks. I'd love if they just added hair to Trev's bald sculpt, I think the face looks great. I do hope they also stop painting sideways eyes on the females.

Lots of great news in that Q&A, but it's all overshadowed by the piece of truly tragic news that will kill the Star Wars line for all time!

(being a SW fan is all about the hyperbole...)

SCULPTED FUR PF CHEWIE?

vaderno.jpg

Now that would be sweet! :D I was hoping Hasbro would re-tool their 1997-98 version of the probe droid for this years 30th anniv :duh. If SSC released their 1/6 scale version, oh boy....:drool

OT but... the Hasbro probe droid is wayy outta scale. Need a resculpt on that sucker.

My daughter already loves SW. Fortunately she has a thing for Obi and absolutely insisted on going as him for Halloween (we just turned her into a Padawan though). But I get what you're saying and expect that eventually she'll move in that direction as well.

My eldest daughter (who's three and 1/2) already knows way too much. And while she says Anakin is her favourite (she will watch the cartoon with me) I just picked up the Duel game on clearance for the Wii and she love playing as Ahsoka... It's nice that there are those strong female characters.

Lots of great news in that Q&A, but it's all overshadowed by the piece of truly tragic news that will kill the Star Wars line for all time!

SCULPTED FUR PF CHEWIE?

vaderno.jpg

I tried to forget about this fact--- If they release a sculpted fur Chewie then it pretty much goes against every hope I had for the PF....

Funny the things you see while scrolling through message boards. The original of this pic is hanging on the wall behind me.

Queen%20Amidala7%20x%2011%2072%20dpi.jpg

Sculpted lower half to swap out is bleck! Not only that but I'd hate to see the price tag on that figure. As it is, she doesn't have very many accessories so you'd be dropping a pretty penny on a barebones figure. As you told MF, that wouldn't sell for me and would actually look quite horrible having sculpted lower half w/jointed upper. But to each his own. I'd prefer my action figures with poseability. They are action figures after all. Those that don't like it can just as easily look into what GG or Koto are doing as an option for Slave Leia.

Well much like the Emperor's throne, the botton half could be sold as the exclusive. So those, like you, who can't afford to pay more or prefer paying less could do so.

Plus if they are developing a new female body like they eluded to in the GIJoe Q & A's, you'll gonna be paying a premium anyway. :google

I think Hasbro did an awesome job with their SL and they approached it in a way that was truely unique as far as Slave Leia's go.

And just in case you didn't check the link, Hasbro's SL is an "action" figure and so would SSC's if they included both parts. I wouldn't buy it either if it just had a sculpted lower half and an articulated upper half.

Who buys GG and Koto anymore??? :huh

SCULPTED FUR PF CHEWIE?

vaderno.jpg

Agreed...I don't collect PFs but it would seem like SSC could find out how HTs did the POTAs and make Chewie fully furry. My interest in it is if they can't do it in PF, then we are screwed for the 1/6th fig.

I'll go back to my usual anti-fur argurment.

Chewbacca has a signature style to his fur, it's not simply a matter of hair strands, there is a shaggy look to it that's key to making him look right. I haven't even really seen a custom achieve it, and if a one off can't do it, I don't imagine there's an easy way to do it and not take years in production to mass produce a piece with that look.

Episode_4_Han_Solo_and_Chewbacca_1.jpg

This looks neat and all, but especially for PF prices, it shouldn't be enough just to have fake hair, it should look like Chewbacca, not a generic furry creature. Same with 1/6, I'd rather it be sculpted and really have Chewbacca's unique look than be furry and look generic.

05.jpg

Well much like the Emperor's throne, the botton half could be sold as the exclusive. So those, like you, who can't afford to pay more or prefer paying less could do so.

Plus if they are developing a new female body like they eluded to in the GIJoe Q & A's, you'll gonna be paying a premium anyway. :google

I think Hasbro did an awesome job with their SL and they approached it in a way that was truely unique as far as Slave Leia's go.

And just in case you didn't check the link, Hasbro's SL is an "action" figure and so would SSC's if they included both parts. I wouldn't buy it either if it just had a sculpted lower half and an articulated upper half.

Who buys GG and Koto anymore??? :huh

:lol:rotfl:lol I can afford it, I just wouldn't want it. Besides, I'm not uber uptight about joints on figures. After all, they are action figures, not statues. With what you proposed, with what she'd cost, those who wanted sculpted legs would already be 2/3 into a dio, so why not go that route?

I'll go back to my usual anti-fur argurment.

Chewbacca has a signature style to his fur, it's not simply a matter of hair strands, there is a shaggy look to it that's key to making him look right. I haven't even really seen a custom achieve it, and if a one off can't do it, I don't imagine there's an easy way to do it and not take years in production to mass produce a piece with that look.

This looks neat and all, but especially for PF prices, it shouldn't be enough just to have fake hair, it should look like Chewbacca, not a generic furry creature. Same with 1/6, I'd rather it be sculpted and really have Chewbacca's unique look than be furry and look generic.

I agree it would take some work and if they can't get it right, then they should just leave it alone. But I would love to see them knock a fully furred version out of the park. I think this is an excellent opportunity for SSC to make THE most iconic Chewie ever done in 1/6 scale...maybe in any scale. And if they don't do the 1/6th scale one furry, would you rather for em to do it sculpted? I think the joints would look as bad as the Hasbro sculpted one.

Maybe if they did it sculpted with rubber over an articulated figure...I dunno :duh

I would like to see them do a more sophisticated version of Hasbro's VOTC Chewbacca. It's a 4 inch figure but to me, one of the best representations of Chewbacca I've ever seen. The physical build is right, the shape of the head, the fur. I don't see a need for Chewie to have 30 points of articulation like most figures, as long as he could 2 handed hold his bowcaster or strangle Lando, that'd be good enough, most of the time, Chewie stood around.

votc04chewbaccafront.jpg

:lol:rotfl:lol I can afford it, I just wouldn't want it. Besides, I'm not uber uptight about joints on figures. After all, they are action figures, not statues. With what you proposed, with what she'd cost, those who wanted sculpted legs would already be 2/3 into a dio, so why not go that route?

That would be the beauty of it, it would be offered as a sculpted accessory. The reg fig would come with the fully articulated legs and the 1/2 sculpted legs would be an additional add on for anyone who wanted it.

I would prefer to have both options.

Edit: I'm not that ____ about joints on all figs but I would like to see SL with joints at least as fluid as the Otaku (sp?) body and I would like to see Chewie done with fur and all the fixins modern articulation could give him. :lol

Last edited:
I would like to see them do a more sophisticated version of Hasbro's VOTC Chewbacca. It's a 4 inch figure but to me, one of the best representations of Chewbacca I've ever seen. The physical build is right, the shape of the head, the fur. I don't see a need for Chewie to have 30 points of articulation like most figures, as long as he could 2 handed hold his bowcaster or strangle Lando, that'd be good enough, most of the time, Chewie stood around.

I guess you're right, he didn't do much "action" per se, but I guess I would just love to see a furry one as impressive as that Hasbro sculpted one...maybe we'll never get to that point :monkey2

Back