"I got my Faramir" thread! Woohoo!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, congratulations on the packaging update, Captain!!

Looks like they must have been reading this thread. Hope he gets to you soon and I know you will love him.

:chew :chew :chew

Captain Aldeggon said:
Now if Sideshow were to put magnets on the new boxes, this would truly be a perfectly produced figure.....

Totally agree with you there. The time of Velcro is at an end. Now is the time of the Magnet!

Last edited:
Captain Aldeggon said:
Oh one thing I did wonder, is his cloak brown on the figure? In the movie it's green, so why would they make it brown? Hmm.....

And so, after riding a tide of ecstacy, the disillusionment begins... :lol

Oh the ride never ends my friend! However, I have noticed this change from the prototype to these more recent images, and being the obsessed fan that I am, I'm a bit curious as to the change. I'm not a blind give-me-anything-as-long-as-it's-Faramir fan. I expect and demand complete accuracy!

Luckily it's not the sculpt, and it's not some crucially imperative issue at the moment. Otherwise, heads would roll!!!

Can anybody please help me resize an image I found so I can use it as an avatar? Please? I don't know how but I really like this picture. Send me a PM and I'll give you the link to the image. Thank you whomever you be!

The Ringer said:
I just watched ROTK and TTT and it is for sure green. Sideshow make it green!

It sure is. This had better be amended quickly, or I'm going to have to make him a new cloak to go with the long tunic I have to make for him already which he wears in a number of scenes over his leather jerkin.

At least everything else is looking absolutely perfect so far........

Faramir's cloak is most certainly green. I hope I don't have to make him a new one myself. I'm already making Boromir's cloak and Faramir's long tunic (or at least I will if I can get some money...........).

Is anyone else planning on making a book-accurate mask for him to wear too?

I have always loved this painting:

faramir.jpg

Captain Aldeggon said:
Mine will be screen accurate, covering the lower rather than the upper face. I love that painting too though; it makes him look like Robin Hood!

Now that you mention it, I'm glad Weta didn't make Faramir's outfit resemble anything like Robin Hood.

I just finished watching the Two Towers and it seems Faramir's cloak is sometimes brown and sometimes green. Even the other rangers in his group have a mixture of brown and green cloaks... So I dunno, I won't gripe if his cloak is brown. Because it was... sometimes... and green too... but it was definitely brown... sometimes... and green too... etc :huh

:lecture The actual costume was indeed green, but because Jackson played around with the lighting so much it sometimes appeared brown. (but then, I'm the only one obsessing over it so it's ok lol) He still looks great in the brown one, but making a green one will be really easy. First I gotta make Boromir's cloak though.

Back