8 HT's Scar Preds $200 each....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh dear my worry level metre is rising higher and higher! I emailled him yesterday just to inquire when I might be receiving it... no reply yet. His feedback is still current with recent positive feedbacks left. Gonna send another email

Karudin I would maybe try to contact ebay as well (have no idea how helpful they are in situations like these though). You may end up having to contact the police:banghead. I know it sucks but guys like these prey on buyers with the nice guy mentality. I was scammed once as a seller because the buyer wanted to ship to an unconfirmed address and said that it was for his friend. I was super nice about it and in the end I lost about $120 (he used someone else's account to win the bid and pay). Learned my lesson ever since.

p.s. He could have easily given himself positive feedback for those previous transactions. All he would have needed was multiple accounts. It may have cost him a little money (in listing fees, final value fees,etc) but he now stands to make way more than what he invested. That's why he is keeping everything private...you can't even see what he previously sold and how much he sold it for.

Yup, It's way to easy for scam artists to pull this crap off on ebay.

There is also HaCkErs that have gained access to the accounts of some people and set up legit auctions, accepting only money orders, riding some other Ebayer's feedback score and when it's all over, FRAKING ebay tells you "sorry, ebay can't do anything when this happens" ....
Not toys though, vehicles. trust me I know from experience dude...

Wow a car? Sorry to hear man. For those that have been scammed hope you can think of it as a lesson learned the hard way. The $300 you lose today may save you thousands of dollars later on in life. That's how I thought when I got scammed and I haven't lost any money since. I would still like my pair of Nike Foamposites back though....:monkey2

You know the old saying, "if it looks too good to be true - it probably is".

This should be the golden rule everyone follows on eBay.

guys, clearly a scam, I asked him to take a pic of the celtic with my name next to the box as well as to tell me the upc code. He said :

I'm actually still waiting for customs to give me my package of celtics (should of had them a week ago). Until I receive them, I can allow you to leave payment for now until I can do the pics for you, but the Scar was a pre-order so would still need payment upfront for that one. Thanks

guys, clearly a scam, I asked him to take a pic of the celtic with my name next to the box as well as to tell me the upc code. He said :

I'm actually still waiting for customs to give me my package of celtics (should of had them a week ago). Until I receive them, I can allow you to leave payment for now until I can do the pics for you, but the Scar was a pre-order so would still need payment upfront for that one. Thanks

Haha. My reply to that would be "Dude, just admit that youre trying to scam me out of my hard earned money. Get bent"!

Haha. My reply to that would be "Dude, just admit that youre trying to scam me out of my hard earned money. Get bent"!

he avoided answering my question about the boxes & pictures , yep , sorry to those wo paid. I'm nearly 90% correct your not getting anything but disappointment.
What a ******** !.

I just closed our transaction so I don't have to deal with this anymore so sadly I can't help you guys out from now on. I will stay and see what happens obviously. Apparently I have to pay his fees now for listing the items , fat chance mate!.

You know the old saying, "if it looks too good to be true - it probably is".

This should be the golden rule everyone follows on eBay.

So true. I got taken for $225 about two years ago on a Ani-Com Scar. It was a BIN, money order only auction, but he had 100% positive feedback.

I was looking forever for this guy, and I thought I stumbled on to one of those "rare deal" finds.

The guy sent nothing but excuses, and of course no Scar. After being ripped off, I checked out his previous auctions and they were for small items comic books, trinkets, etc that went for a few bucks. Scammers usually do this to build up quick positive feedback, and when they ask for money orders only that's another red flag.

You should never send a money order to anyone, unless you trust them or know them. Even then you can still get burned with no recourse.

I hope it works out for those who paid, because ebay won't do ****.

If you got scammed and paid then you should be able to claim the money back from your bank or credit card company? Worked for me before twice.

Visa do it. You'll have to provide print-outs of your emails to the seller to prove that you tried to do all you could. And something like 3 wks has to have passed.

Did it with a Robocop Criterion DVD way back in 1999 when bogus UK mail order companies (and before online retailers) were everywhere claiming to have the latest R1 films from America. It wasn't on eBay but Visa still got the retailer themselves to pay me back 2 months later as they were registered PDT machine users and were obligated to give back money when asked if they'd taken it. I remember leaving them a very satisfying/smug msg on their phone after I got my money back. :joy

And the last time was a PS2 on eBay - the seller just disappeared and tried to cover his tracks by getting his "wife" to email all the buyers some sob-story saying he'd been killed by disgruntled eBayers who had tracked him down: "...you all may have lost a PS2 but my children have lost a father." :duh

My nice little response to him:

"No, I am not paying up front. My friend who lives in the uk is coming by your house this week to pay you a nice visit. Maybe you could show him the 8 celtic preds you'll be receiving? Do you mind?"

You didnt really send that did you????? Sellers can still report you for defamation/abuse/threats, you know...and you havent even paid yet.

hmm yeah I did actually. Whatever man, I'm just curious to see his response.

Back