HT Captain Dallas (mini review + pic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! Congrats WG. Dallas is home! Definitely a Classic. Can't wait see pics of him lit up in darker environs...

Where's a damn fog machine when you need one!? :lol

How about a paper mache Derelict Ship in the b.g. Damn, why didn't I think of that in 4th Grade Art class? :duh :D

Anyway, great news. I know how long you've been waiting for this.

As for me, I guess I'll wait for Lucky Star Ripley and Big Chap and see if HT has the gumption to make some Nos Crew Figs.

Yep, a long 30 year wait for this.

A few more pics, to lazy to put the helmet back on right now...

More uses for my "Red Room"...

Dallas6.jpg

Dallas5.jpg

Figured I should post one with all the gear and egg...

Dallas4.jpg

Great sculpt...

DallasCU3.jpg

More pics later with the lights...

Dallas7.jpg

Overcast right now so I can't get those harsh light shots right now, but here's some poor ones with the lights...

Dallas8.jpg

Lights are bright even under a lamp...

DallasCU4.jpg

The internals....

DallasCU5.jpg

Full shot under bright light...

Dallas12.jpg

*Internal mic crackles...*

I think we have something.... I don't know what it is....

Dallas10.jpg

...(gasp)...the pilot....

Dallas11.jpg

Last edited:
alright, just got Dallas put together and looks great. the suit feels kind of like gum. and one thing I have to say is....

these new stands suck!!!! on this figure at least.

the head is pretty low in the helmet and is tight to the front. might have to display him with it off.

Last edited:
Just got this guy - have to say - probably the best packaging we've seen on a 12" figure in a long time - very creative.

The red light in the helmet doesn't work though and the light on the top of the helmet is very dim. Anyone else have this problem? The lights on the pack are so bright it's difficult to look straight at them.

Aside from the problems, I love this figure - I'm a sucker for spacesuits, but this is just great execution. It will be a crime if we don't also at least get Ripley in her white suit.

The red light in the helmet doesn't work though and the light on the top of the helmet is very dim. Anyone else have this problem? The lights on the pack are so bright it's difficult to look straight at them.

It seems everyone has had issues of some sort with the lights.

My backpack lights are bright but not blinding. They did work out of the box, then went out. I opened the battery pack and cleaned off (scraped) the corrosion off (salt air from shipping?). They worked fine then, still not blinding though.

I haven't opened the helmet light's battery compartment, but I imagine your batteries just need to be removed, cleaned and replaced and they should work fine.

I hope for Ripley too, and Lambert to finish off the spacesuits.

Yep, I opened the helmet battery compartment and just took out and replaced the batteries. Works great - there's a yellow and green light inside the helmet too! Also I noticed you can't screw the battery cover completely down or the button won't work. It has to be a bit loose.

Yep, I opened the helmet battery compartment and just took out and replaced the batteries. Works great - there's a yellow and green light inside the helmet too! Also I noticed you can't screw the battery cover completely down or the button won't work. It has to be a bit loose.

Cool! Now what's up with the "blinding" pack lights? You got me thinking mine aren't bright enough. :)

I ve had no problems with the lights either.My biggest problem came when i wanted to remove the helmet.
I still hope Hot Toys will release the pictures of the prototype Kane headsculpt so we can see how good it would ve been.This may seem a little perverse but they did a similar thing with "Warriors" Jet Li figure.

mine arrived this weekend, everything is ok apart from the lights in Kane's helmet or more importantly the switch to turn them on.......although the lights come on the switch doesn't stay on when you release it unlike my dallas figure so the button has to be held in position for them to work....has anyone else come across this ?

mine arrived this weekend, everything is ok apart from the lights in Kane's helmet or more importantly the switch to turn them on.......although the lights come on the switch doesn't stay on when you release it unlike my dallas figure so the button has to be held in position for them to work....has anyone else come across this ?

did you push the button in as much as you could? you have to push it in pretty deep (that's what she said) for it to click into place.

Back