HT Captain Dallas (mini review + pic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pushed it as far as I could, for a mo I thought I was going to go all the way through and be a little chest buster in my own way :horror well ok maybe a face buster..

Yep, my Kane developed a similar fault since he fell over backwards!
No breakage, but I found out that if you loosen the screw (like Dave said a few posts ago) and pull the battery cover forward a little it then works. But I now have to keep the plate loosened a little and it's fine!

Yep, my Kane developed a similar fault since he fell over backwards!
No breakage, but I found out that if you loosen the screw (like Dave said a few posts ago) and pull the battery cover forward a little it then works. But I now have to keep the plate loosened a little and it's fine!

I missed that comment by Dave, just tried and it works a treat.....:D once again this forum delivers the goods :joy

my lights worked great. the detail on Dallas is incredible. :rock

002-3.jpg

003-1.jpg

Packing: The outer box jacket looks like a helmet with the visor area being cut out. When you slide open the box jacket , you are like taking the helmet off Dallas. A very interesting design.

Figure: Unlike the construction of aliens , Dallas does have a normal human body underneth the space suit. The suit is divided into pieces for the ease of being worn. The suit material feels softer than those used for aliens.

Articulation: It basically mimics the same way the "real" suit restricting the movement of the wearer. Shoulder armour will get in the way if you want to raise the arm vertically. The elbows can be bent to about 80 degree. Knees can be bent to about 90 degree. However the hip joints forth and back movement are restricted by the suit , where the side movement are fine. The ankle joint can help maintaining a steady pose.

Head Sculpt: Great likeness of Dallas . Almost the same as the sample.

Accessories: LED lighting units for helmet and back pack are all self contained. I wise they have done the same thing to the hand held flash light. Claps are functional and are made out of matel. Bendable main air hose with wire inside allows maintaing a realistic hanging shape of the hose.

Paint Job: Great head sculpt is matched with excellent paint job. All the colthing have shadow and highlights giving a very realistic 3D effect. Armours , helmets and backpacks are painted to look like rusted copper. There is a complex and subtle wheathering effect on all the painted surface. It is hard to believe a mass produced item will have this level of paint application.

Display Base: The base looks like a breakfast egg holder . Well that is exactlly what it is, an egg holder. The egg is actually from the Aliens snap kit , which is in fact a AVP version egg. The Alien version egg should be bigger in size and with a different shape and colour. This is the only disappointment from this set. Well, I guess a custom Alien egg would not be very hard to make.

Any company will be willing to chip in the hype of producing an alien toy . But for not so popular side cast like Dallas and Kane, not many companies will take the chance . These for sure will be the rarity among the Alien collection universe.

2778138161_8664de972f_o.jpg

Cool background,you made it or got somewhere else ?

Thank you

Congrats, Abake!

Thanks man!
Finally put him together and he is awesome!
The texture and feel of the suit is amazing and the lights work perfectly. The straps on the back pack are loose however, so I'll have to look into how to attach them without having to push and pull too much.

Bah! Play has bumped the ship date again to next Friday.:banghead I'm begging to wish I'd just ordered them from Hong Kong.

^^^^. Can someone tell me how to take his visor out so I can turn his head in the helmet?

take the visor out first then put the helmet on , move his head how you want it then put the visor back in from the front. :)
I mentioned it quickly in my video review , it annoyed the hell out of me for ages too.

Yeah, man, I just checked your vid cos I remmeber seeing you do it but for some reason YouTuve is saying your vid is no longer available???? I cant get the damn visor out and keep thikning it'll break

Back