HT Captain Dallas (mini review + pic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
psuh from the inside .. it should pop out , just be careful !.
About my video I can view it but I think youtube has been having problems this week .

I bought Kane's facehugged head and burnt visor as seperate extras from eBay from the same seller (myfigureschoice2008). It was £6 shipping for each item from HK but the seller only gave me a combined shipping discount of £2!!

So I pay £10 total shipping from HK for the visor and head. WTF??!! Adding the visor to the head should have cost next to nothing as it weighs hardly anything. It didnt come fast either - 17 days!!!

yeah hong kong sellers tend to take the cake with shipping. I tried to buy some jokers hands yesterday I was quoted £6.00 shipping. :lol
They do get it off alot of people though , as frustrating as it is if they can get that price as a money making company I don't blame them.

Gee! Some of you guys are already talking KANE, and I received DALLAS only today! What to say? Rock hard figure. I still find it a shame that the suit is rubber, and not fabric; would have made the figure so much better. Lights are awesome; hate to replace the batteries in the back back though... you have to take the thing completely off to do so. Also, it would have been much nicer if the egg would have been the right design. But all in all, it's a great figure. My favorite from the three I received today: Appleseed Tereus, MGS Raiden, and Alien Dallas.

Have to say it again. Hot Toys is 1/6 scale king. If you check the quality you get for $150, and compare it to the $175 Medicom stuff... Medicom is nice, BUT TO EXPENSIVE. It does not compute, that a company like SSC can't see this, and continues to offer Medicom at those high prices. In my opinion, they do so, because if they don't obey the Medicome dictate, Medicom will surely find an other US company that will. SSC is week. Disappointing.

Last edited:
Just received Kane last night - I immediately put on the facehugger head and burnt visor. I'm digging him as much or more than Dallas.

I really hope they do more - these guys look very cool together.

Just received Kane last night - I immediately put on the facehugger head and burnt visor. I'm digging him as much or more than Dallas.

I really hope they do more - these guys look very cool together.

How does the Facehugger head look in hand? As bad as the pics lead us to believe? Does it really need a repaint when it's put inside the helmet?

I hope to get my Kane soon. Maybe next week sometime, once SS gets theirs then DSC will have mine.

I'll be getting my Kane figure monday from SS. Really looking forwrd to it. I have a new Kane headsculpt too I've made that looks more like John Hurt; I have to cast one up tomorrow after making a mold, I'm aiming to paint it Sunday and install it into the Kane suit Monday. I'll try to post pics Tuesday in the Customs section. :D

How does the Facehugger head look in hand? As bad as the pics lead us to believe? Does it really need a repaint when it's put inside the helmet?

I hope to get my Kane soon. Maybe next week sometime, once SS gets theirs then DSC will have mine.

I'm not as picky as some - I think it looks fine, but I haven't compared it to the film.

How does the Facehugger head look in hand? As bad as the pics lead us to believe? Does it really need a repaint when it's put inside the helmet?.
I got one loose from eBay and re-painted it. It does need it - the skin is too dark and very similar to the facehugger, there isnt much definition between the two. The head is also very thin to accomodate the facehugger on top of it so it will all fit inside the helmet. Will post pics of mine soon.

Well Dallas arrived today and what a sculpt! Perfect. There's a bit of a bad paint job on the back of his bonce though, but I can live with that. My question is this: How hard is it to take this sucker apart once assembled? Because I'm running out of space and will probably store him in the box when not displayed. Also the rubber suit scares the beejaysus out of me 'cause it does seem rather fragile. :confused:

Taking the helmet off is quite hgard to do, be careful there. Also be careful of the shoulder pads and the straps when moving the arms up. You probably wont be able to take his feet off without leaving the pegs in the sockets either.

Back