HT T800 Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a pic indicating where the mod was done. Rob added the 2 holes below the nose that was missing from HT original and fixed the wiring to resemble the movie Endo.

11lsy11.jpg

There were addition prep work that was done such as sanding before the paint goes on.
1st stage - Primier
2hq5e2b.jpg

2nd stage - Black gloss
wtxifb.jpg

3rd stage - Chrome
2icbeyp.jpg

29nib1z.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, you SOBs, now I have to redo all of my Terminators. I am guessing you did use the Aclad, but I want details on manufacturers and application methods for each step including primor. I want what you got, I'm capable, I just want to eliminate trial and error. You seem to have done it perfectly already.

And I too would love to see natural lighting pics of this please.

i used Alclad gloss black but i guess you can use any other laquer/enamel too..i tried a spray can gloss black on a spare hand that it came with and it works fine...but decided to use the Alclad cause I never really wanted to mix paint brands...I'm used to using Tamiya Acrylics and tried it too but never liked the end results...

the Alclad chrome/gloss black combo yields the best result..

Rob

Got this from a different post of r5150.

now that's how the t-800 is SUPPOSED to look. awesome repaint guys. i might have to try this also.

what's the purpose of applying gloss black under the chrome?

Okay, you SOBs, now I have to redo all of my Terminators. I am guessing you did use the Aclad, but I want details on manufacturers and application methods for each step including primor. I want what you got, I'm capable, I just want to eliminate trial and error. You seem to have done it perfectly already.

And I too would love to see natural lighting pics of this please.

Hi SilentSurfer..a primo customizer asking me how I do my endos..I'm really humbled for I have seen your work and I must say it's fantastic specially on those custom preds. Anyways, here it goes..the usual prep..sanding some seam lines you know the drill..then I use alclad primer..alclad gloss black base which requires 24 hrs drying time and the chrome is the alclad II chrome..get the one that is not for lexan...chrome dries really quick...i'll post pics on natural light maybe tonight..gonna go out right now for it is my birthday today:D

Rob

Very nice, this is how they should have shipped.

I did the same thing to a couple of the NECA 18" versions, turned out great as well. I added black into the lines and some of the indents as well. You might want to think about doing the same.

Do you got the BD endo too? Would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison with that or another regular untouched endo

so how hard wearing is this stuff? is it sealed or just sprayed on... This looks AMAZING. :rock

Hi SilentSurfer..a primo customizer asking me how I do my endos..I'm really humbled for I have seen your work and I must say it's fantastic specially on those custom preds. Anyways, here it goes..the usual prep..sanding some seam lines you know the drill..then I use alclad primer..alclad gloss black base which requires 24 hrs drying time and the chrome is the alclad II chrome..get the one that is not for lexan...chrome dries really quick...i'll post pics on natural light maybe tonight..gonna go out right now for it is my birthday today:D

Rob

Thanks for the info. That is truly great work on this endo. I can no longer look at mine and be satisfied. I have one Scar custom I'm working on right now, but my next project will be to chrome all three of my Endos, including the crawling torso. I do have the Alclad chrome that I was going to use on my 1/4 scale Argonauts endo model kit (which Sideshow used to make their 1/4 endo statue). I might as well finish that too while I do these. I also have the M1 Endo skull, but I painted it with just silver paint once upon a time before I knew about the Alclad, and I'll need to strip it first before doing that one. I'll be posting pics of all that when finished, hopefully in time for the new movie.

I don't remember where I got the chrome though, so where do I go (store/web) to get their primer and gloss black? Do I need to thin it, or is it ready to airbrush?

Thanks, Rob.

Here are some pics in natural lighting. Is this chrome enough?

2cdub03.jpg

s2zf68.jpg

25ur5mc.jpg

DAMN!

How well can you move him and not chip/scrape the paint?

I have the same question and did the paint dry well? How how long did it sit to dry? It has been my past experience that metallics tend to remain tacky.

Tom

LOOKS FREAKING FANTASTIC by the way.

I have the same question and did the paint dry well? How how long did it sit to dry? It has been my past experience that metallics tend to remain tacky.

Tom

LOOKS FREAKING FANTASTIC by the way.

thanks !

the paint dries really well but the gloss black..it needs at least24 hrs at least to dry..the chrome itself is really sensitive to touch..you don't want to handle it too much or "play" with it lol...I just wish they made a specific sealer for this but as of now it stays fine...I can probably experiment on a spare part to seehow the sealer reacts to the chrome paint..

hope that answers your question..

Rob

Thanks for the info. That is truly great work on this endo. I can no longer look at mine and be satisfied. I have one Scar custom I'm working on right now, but my next project will be to chrome all three of my Endos, including the crawling torso. I do have the Alclad chrome that I was going to use on my 1/4 scale Argonauts endo model kit (which Sideshow used to make their 1/4 endo statue). I might as well finish that too while I do these. I also have the M1 Endo skull, but I painted it with just silver paint once upon a time before I knew about the Alclad, and I'll need to strip it first before doing that one. I'll be posting pics of all that when finished, hopefully in time for the new movie.

I don't remember where I got the chrome though, so where do I go (store/web) to get their primer and gloss black? Do I need to thin it, or is it ready to airbrush?

Thanks, Rob.

DAMN!

hello,

I've seen your custom crawling endo and I must say it's pretty good work (and brave):rotfl....the Alclad paints..my local hobby shop carries it but the gloss black so i had to Ebay those..it's pre-mixed for airbrush already so it's ready to shoot...

Rob

Back