HT T800 Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best 1/6 Endo. Now that can be called MASTERPIECE.
Fantastic work & pics.
Waiting for new projects. Very waiting.
Great job, sir.

Best 1/6 Endo. Now that can be called MASTERPIECE.
Fantastic work & pics.
Waiting for new projects. Very waiting.
Great job, sir.

i must agree with you mate. beautiful stuff, wish i had one. how much is it worth? who can name me a price?:gun:gun:gun:gun

I wouldn't sell that thing for less than $500 metal bones. There isn't many that exist in this world....so maybe higher.

That is one awesome endo.

Congrats man and superb paint job Rob :chew

Hi guys,

New to the 12" scene, would like to have some feedback on the present rate for the hot toys T-800 endo.

Link Removed-

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I'm looking to repaint my NECA 18" Endo to give it more of a chrome glossy look, can anyone here help me out? I mean what kind or type of paint and finishes I would need to get that look. What materials? I haven't done this, ever, so any information, just give it to me like I'm a complete newbie.

Hey guys, I'm looking to repaint my NECA 18" Endo to give it more of a chrome glossy look, can anyone here help me out? I mean what kind or type of paint and finishes I would need to get that look. What materials? I haven't done this, ever, so any information, just give it to me like I'm a complete newbie.

Alclad works the best from what I've personally seen and used, but you need an airbrush.

ALCLAD High Shine -Chrome and Polished Aluminium both require a dark glossy base. Polished Aluminium should be used over Tamiya TS-14 gloss black,or gloss black auto paint. Chrome and only chrome should be used over gloss black model enamel paint.

SPRAYING: ALCLAD should be sprayed at 15-20psi.
Spray 1 ½ -2 ½ inches away from the model.
Use the airbrush like a paint brush not an aerosol.
Buffing is not necessary-though tonal variation can be made by polishing selected panels with micromesh. A sealer is not required.

Alclad works the best from what I've personally seen and used, but you need an airbrush.

ALCLAD High Shine -Chrome and Polished Aluminium both require a dark glossy base. Polished Aluminium should be used over Tamiya TS-14 gloss black,or gloss black auto paint. Chrome and only chrome should be used over gloss black model enamel paint.

SPRAYING: ALCLAD should be sprayed at 15-20psi.
Spray 1 ½ -2 ½ inches away from the model.
Use the airbrush like a paint brush not an aerosol.
Buffing is not necessary-though tonal variation can be made by polishing selected panels with micromesh. A sealer is not required.

Ok, so just let me know if I got this right:

1) Apply The Tamiya or Gloss Black Auto paint to the model first!
2) Then apply Polished Aluminum
3) Lastly, Apply Chrome to Aluminum?

Is that right, or are you saying use either Aluminum or Chrome? Also could you further explain the last bolded part. Furthermore, I saw that one of the members sanded? the model first, is that necessary?

Thanks.

r5150 just pushed this up a notch.

acd0kg.jpg

122jk9d.jpg

Incredible. What a fresh new look. WAAY better than the original paint application

Ok, so just let me know if I got this right:

1) Apply The Tamiya or Gloss Black Auto paint to the model first!
2) Then apply Polished Aluminum
3) Lastly, Apply Chrome to Aluminum?

Is that right, or are you saying use either Aluminum or Chrome? Also could you further explain the last bolded part. Furthermore, I saw that one of the members sanded? the model first, is that necessary?

Thanks.

I copied the text from the Alclad II website, it was a basic explanation on how to use their paints. Use the Chrome rather than Aluminum for the endo and ignore that last bolded part.

Ok, I just came from the hobby-shop. They don't have any Alclad Chrome, just Tamiya-TS-14 Black. But they did have Light Gun Metal, and Silver, would that give the same impression as chrome? Also, I looked up couple of Airbrushes in the shop and they are pretty expensive. Everything is coming out to be $200+, kinda lot for just a repaint. Are there any cheaper places that sell these airbrushes? Or will it be ok for me to use the spray cans than an airbrush?

Ok, I just came from the hobby-shop. They don't have any Alclad Chrome, just Tamiya-TS-14 Black. But they did have Light Gun Metal, and Silver, would that give the same impression as chrome? Also, I looked up couple of Airbrushes in the shop and they are pretty expensive. Everything is coming out to be $200+, kinda lot for just a repaint. Are there any cheaper places that sell these airbrushes? Or will it be ok for me to use the spray cans than an airbrush?

Many hobby shops sell cheap Testors plastic airbrushes for around $35, while not ideal, it will work.

Personally, I'd try to buy the Alclad online (maybe with the airbrush). I don't think you are going to get a shiny chrome surface with those other paints, although I could be wrong.

I tried using silver spray paint, and I woudn't suggest it unless you are planning on doing a battle damaged or weathered look, as it won't look like true chrome like the Alclad.

Here is a NECA 18" I did with Alclad:
ivy.jpg

Here is weathered the version with silver spray paint:
Chrome.jpg

Testors also makes a special "metalizing" paint for use on aircraft models. You spray it on, let dry and buff it out. It then needs to be sealed with a clear. It actually works great, I have used it many times. The only thing is that it may be difficult to use with items such as the Endo, as many areas are awkward and hard to reach. This method would be great to repaint the Ironman Mk. II...as they offer a stainless steel metalizer paint. I am just suggesting this as an alternate option...the Alclad stuff seems to be the best method.

More detailed info with pics and very specific info:
https://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/tnt1/001-100/TnT074_NMF_McLeod/tnt074.htm

I have always wanted a BD T800. I decided this week do my very own BD. I have found the perfect paint for the rustic look.

n175s0.jpg

5k1wz5.jpg

Back