Ian1138's Custom Works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's funny, i took my doctor who figure out of the box only yesterday. I've had it for months but am only just getting round to looking at it now. Yours looks great!

2 new custom done lately a Ep1 Obi Wan with Sunohc wicked scuplt and Bossk

Assembled Obi-wan onto the smaller buck body from Buffy Oz figure, still looking for the lightsaber keyring but for now im using ep3 one.
Most of the parts are from Ep3 Obi-wan, the trousers/pants are from hasbro Lando, the inner tunic from Plo Koon.
Repainted the little capusles on the belt bronze, noitced that when i was looking fro my Dressing a galaxy book.
Ep1Obi-Wan.jpg
Ep1Obi-Wan3.jpg

Ep1Obi-Wan2.jpg

Bossk im still not happy with because the jumpsuit. Its some cheap material the won't take dye, except for that you can turn the hasbro figure into something decent enough.
Bossk1-1.jpg
Bossk2-1.jpg

Last of the bounty hunter custom from me, ive tried to make Dengar and Zuckees look good but really is something you'd have to build from scratch instead of using the hasbro stock.
Bossk3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work Ian :rock

Love the Bossk... he looks real nice, especially with the crew. And Obi is very cool looking!

Yo Mooncat, i started the Bossk about a year ago when i started customizing and from what i rememeber doing then was cutting up the hasbro bossk, repainting the head, arms and legs. Assembled it onto a dragon body and cut up the white vest, cause that thing was massive. It not that difficult but it took me ages to finish it because ive never been a great fan of the character.

Got my endor troopers from sideshow over a year ago now was was never really satisfired with the way they came out and so they were reduced to the bottom shelf.

The big problem for me was the sideshow buck, it was'nt good enough to pull off the poses these commandos should be able to do and a little of outfit was incorrect. Wanting to make them look better and keep them looking like the rest of my collection, so i decided not to much weathering.

Started off replacing the body with a DML one but then realised the the pants/trouser were extreme old man pants. These things were pactically up to his pecks whoch i think is because of the way the buck is. So i took on the task of tailoring them to the proper length and while i was at i thought it would be a good thing to tighten up the gaiter as they were suoper loose.
Then discovered that i could put the sideshow gloves onto BBI ball-joint if heated up enough and then i found the perfect body to assemble this guy onto.

STA74752.jpg

I replaced the belt and pouches with ones which were cloth instead of plastic which took some research finding out what was used in the movie.

Repainted the head and took the helmet apart and reassembled and repainted it onto the BBi scuplt.

Copied the body mods from the spec-figures 3 mook which were really cool and never done before and had to take about a 1/3 inch off at the because otherwise he would have monkey arms with the sideshow gloves.

This is my first generic infantrymen, got 4 more to go for my 5 man squad.

1stEndorTrooper1.jpg
1stEndorTrooper3.jpg

Got another all-most done but not there yet. Never written so much in a post.:lol

EndorTrooper3.jpg

Got 2 more of my troopers finished up today, 2 more infantrymen with variation of the jacket and t-shirts.
Got to wait to get some neck adaptors to arrive before i can get on with my last 2, which means i can have a rest from sewing.

2nd trooper
2ndEndorTrooper2.jpg
2ndEndorTrooper5.jpg

3rd trooper
3rdEndorTrooper2.jpg
3rdEndorTrooper3.jpg

My squad so far
EndorTrooperSquad1.jpg

and so fun in the wilds

EndorTrooperSquad3.jpg

EndorTrooperSquad4.jpg

EndorTrooperSquad5.jpg

those troopers do look a heck of a lot better. & your work shows how much effort you put into them & it paid off rather well. keep going !!!!

Thanks guys, almost got 2 more endor commandos done and im hoping to take my complete 5 man squad to a perfect location i found to snap some more pics.

Got this guy done last week, not 100% accurate but i was'nt going to go mad on a character that creeps me out, Taxi Driver's Travis Bickle.
Managed to get some cool pistols for this guy with all sorts of moving parts and tiny bullets which im bound to lose.

TaxiDriver2.jpg
TaxiDriver1.jpg

Cheers hemble

Another De Niro figure today.

Heat has been one of my favorite films for years and when i saw the wicked Andy Bergholtz at Red Planet i had to bash this guy and update my Toy Solider Who's Neil.

All the clothing is from the Who's Neil figure assembled onto a Neo3 with BBi German pilot gloves. Don't know where i got the sunglasses from but i had to cut them ip to make them screen accurate and glue them back togetherso that they fitted onto the head, that really required patience.

Im hoping to one day add Al Pacino to make a wicked duo, be sweet if i could get and afford the one from Kojin.

"Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

HeatDeNiro2.jpg
HeatDeNiro8.jpg

"I am double the worst trouble you ever thought of."

HeatDeNiro4.jpg
HeatDeNiro7.jpg

"I do what I do best, I take scores. You do what you do best, try to stop guys like me."

Last edited:
Got another endor trooper done and now just working on Nik Sant and Commander Praji at the same time but in the men time...

Continuing my upgrade of all my star wars sideshow figures ive started to upgrade my bespin luke, going to try and make as good as i can.

Once i repainted the skin tones and hair you can really see what a amazing likeness there is in this scuplt

Replaced the sideshow body with the dragon neo3 and is the perfect height got Luke, Dyed the outfit, repainted the boots weathered the belt which i think was my favorite thing i did espeacially the buckle.

Still got to perfect the eyes and repaint the BBi hands and take a decent photo.

LukeBespin4.jpg
LukeBespin1.jpg

LukeBespin5.jpg
LukeBespin2.jpg

Recently bought all 5 Planet of the Apes figures at a darn good price and as soon as i opened them i wanted to have ago at updating them.

Started with my favorite, the ape solider. Really great figure one of the best sideshow has ever made i reckon he's up there with old ben. Repainted the sculpt to make him look angry and intimitating and weathered up the outfit.

GorillaSolider5.jpg

On a human hunt...
GorillaSolider2.jpg

GorillaSolider1.jpg

GorillaSolider3.jpg

GorillaSolider4.jpg

Next chance i getting to paint going to do Zira and Cornelius, i think Dr Zaius will be the difficult one to upgrade.

Back