Ian1138's Custom Works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replaced the Praji body with a dragon neo3 and dragon boots which i sprayed gloss black. The uniform is a really good fit on the neo3 and i think much more natural.

Praji1.jpg

With his troops, looked this guy up and apprantly black uniformed imperial officers are stormtrooper commanders and can ignor an order from the imperial army or navy if they don't think it will serve the emperor.

Praji2.jpg

Praji4.jpg

Praji5.jpg

Recently bought all 5 Planet of the Apes figures at a darn good price and as soon as i opened them i wanted to have ago at updating them.

Started with my favorite, the ape solider. Really great figure one of the best sideshow has ever made i reckon he's up there with old ben. Repainted the sculpt to make him look angry and intimitating and weathered up the outfit.

GorillaSolider5.jpg

On a human hunt...
GorillaSolider2.jpg

GorillaSolider1.jpg

GorillaSolider3.jpg

GorillaSolider4.jpg

Next chance i getting to paint going to do Zira and Cornelius, i think Dr Zaius will be the difficult one to upgrade.

Custom Ogron....think about it....awesome

Repainted the head that came with the andriod hunter for my deckard bash, still looks lame. So far ive replaced the body with a hot toys true type and swapped the trouser/pants and boots with DiD one.The best part of this so far is the gun i repainted. Once i see a deckard scuplt that i like this will be swiftly replaced.

BladeRunner.jpg

Had a few bits to finish on my figures for the custom challenge and had the chance to start my T2 Arnie battle damaged. wicked rescuplt by Darren, this has been a pleasure to paint.

BD-Arnie.jpg

Haven't dicided how bloodie he's going to be yet, going to watch the film and pick a scene and copy that. Then i'll but some gloss onto the blood, i think it will make it look realistic.

Great stuff Ian ! I especially like the Praji . How did you manage to fit the sideshow hands to the Dragon arms ? I have a bit of a dilemma like that myself. I've tried taking the attachment from the sideshow arm and cutting it down to fit the dragon hand connector but it doesn't look right.

Wonderful work! That Gorilla soldier looks awesome! (The only POTA fig I don't have yet) and the Prajj looks fantastic. Bravo all around! :rock

Paul, i use BBi ball-joints from the hands. If you warm the sideshow gloves with a hairdryer you can get the ball-joint to fit nice and tight and they fit into the dragon hands socket. I cut down the length of the dragon ars so that he did not have monkey arm. Im doing the same thing with the sideshow darth maul.

Haven't really been doing that much lately, after i completed my custom chanellenge entries. Which i might aswell show here.

Rogue Trooper, a diffirent take on the character with a bit more modern apperance oppose to the WW2 look he had in the comics.
RogueTrooper4.jpg
RogueTrooper3.jpg

A new take on the Sons of the Batman, quite like this and i only used bits from the parts bin.
SonsOfBatman2.jpg

Been wanting to add more articulation to the hasbro battle droid since i started customizing. Could not find a good source of ball-joints anywhere, tried lego but they were too big and settle of the cool joint from Revoltech. From a unwanted evangelion revoltech i tried it out and there all right. Noticed aswell that hasbro use a kind cheep version on ther Transformers Robot Replica which i managed to get a few dead cheap off ebay. The used those for the hips which i really like. Have to get ore for the feat and im going too add more articulation to the arms copying the movie.
BattleDroid1.jpg

Have had ago at scuplting, which is really time consuming.
Sculpt1.jpg

A Givin from the cantina scene was my first choice as i thought it would not be all that difficult but alas i was wrong. Could not find any good refrerance bit i think i got it alright, he/she looks sad which i like.

Just started a Prune Face/Orrimaarko which is another with lack-of refrerrance. Decided to scuplt a normal one first then add the eye-patch on when i make a copy. He's going to be the fifth member on my not to soon to be completed Endor Strike Team.

Last edited:
loving the your Rogue Trooper take

Been a fan of the character for years and thats a great version

Like to see him with a helmet as well :)

The Battle droid is interesting and agree the original is crap, any improvements is a major improvement, think yours would benefit from a total respray and weathering though as judging from the pic yours is repainted only in certain parts

Sons of batman, know nothing on this, interesting idea but as Im dont know anything its probably lost on me

The headsculpts your doing look good, I again know nothing on these characters although I am a fan of Starwars they arent recognisable to me.

No doubt once theyve been painted and put on a body they will ring more bells for me, based on the sculpts though Id say spot on, cant wait to see them painted up

Just been looking through this, fanastic work. excellent take on the Rogue Trooper.

Ian, I like that Prune Face sculpt. Looks spot on, just need the eye patch and you are good to go. Would be a fairly easy bash using the Endor Trooper clothes. Cant wait to see how he turns out.

Cheers Mooncat, nai1981 and Ryan. Doubt ive even seen the scuplt im doing on the screen for more than a couple of seconds. Once i get the battle driod as articulated as i want it im going to do a repaint just like Mooncats version and ive added the patch to prune face and ordered a few part i need sohe should be finished with a month knowing how long i take.

Repainted my ANH Han, gave him dome of those realistic jack boots and filled in the hips with wet cotten wall to get rid of that usually buck problem. Gave him a medal from a extra Yavin Luke i have and once i repaint the Yavin Luke im going to diaplay in the detolf together. I tried to take a few action pose but the damn buck arms just look pathetic, did do a swap with a hot toys truetype but outfit was too tight a fit which was a shame.

HanSoloANH1-1.jpg
HanSoloANH2-5.jpg

Painted up the Givin scuplt and made him some hands, these guys only have 3 figures and tows. In the movie this dude did'nt even have hands just a mask but the hasbro figure filled in the gaps and made a complete figure which im kinda copying. Going to have boot instead of the sandles the hasbro figure has, waiting on a few thing to arrive and then i can get this guy completed.

Givin1.jpg

Last edited:
My complete super random only got a less than a second on screen Star Wars Cantina Alien: Givin or Skull Head. This guys name is Elis Helrot but whos needs to know that.

Givin4.jpg

Givin8-2.jpg
Givin5-1.jpg

Only the mask was made for the movie and so i kinda copied what pictures i could find and the 3/34" hasbro figure. Outfit is basically what hasbro made up with the scarf and black shirt being part of the costume, the guy who played him in the movie had to keep his legs and hands down because he did'nt having a costume to cover them with. Cut up the hand from the hasbro cantina band used the finger to make this guy a set of hands with 3 finger. Nearly all the cantina alien seem to wear jack boots so this guy has a pair aswell.

Givin6.jpg
Givin7.jpg

What i plan on doing is making a small cantina set-up with a few alien in there, next up will be a Duros who you actually get to see in the film. Scuplts complete and working on scuplting hands at the moment which is really does require patience.

Last edited:
That Givin figure is badass :rock Love it and really looks spot-on :rock

Great creativity in bringing this guy to life :rock

Cheers galactiboy.

Got the scuplt complete for the Duros, all those crack are were i think i baked it too long or too hot. Usually i just blast the stuff with a hairdryer but it OK still nice and smooth.
Hands were a real pain to scuplt, found that if a mix half of the super scuply with half of the scuplt firm that was the perfect material for being able to hold without my figure destroying what i created.

Duros1-1.jpg

Also started to paint Darrens awesome rescuplted Anakin. After watching ROTS for refrerance then ending up watching the entire film, ive decided to change the eyes to that he's looking left like on the balcony scene on Mustafar. Wonder if i can do tears without make it look lame.

Great stuff Ian, I like the obscure figures, good to see something different in the mix. Anakin's coming along nicely. I'm after one of these for a friend but Darren just doesn't seem to want to answer my pm's :(
Have you got the Duros spacesuit sorted yet ?

Cheers Mooncat and Paul.

Still working on the spacesuit, been trying to bleech flightsuit but have'nt got it as white as i like yet. Going to bash the 2 Duros you see in the cantina, the one in the spacesuit and the other dressed like a mositure farmer with that jedi style robe they wear so i'll have him finished first.

Cast up a load of the heads and hands and should have them all painted up soon.

Changed my username from the lame one from way back, picked Rogue Trooper. Just got to figure out a new title for the thread that don't sound stupid and boring.

Back