Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darklord Dave said:
now if only HT could do a Reeve figure...
supe-2-sm.jpg

u got that right!!! not sure why, but i guess i've been "desensitized" by all the actor swapping when it comes to Bats (tho West and Keaton would be my faves and the figs i'd want the most), but there will only ever be 1 Supes for me, and that's Reeve!

Darklord Dave said:
There's no rigid enforcement of thread topic here. Personally I think that's why some people come to this board.
Sorry, Dave. I wasn't trying to enforce anything. That's why I said it was no big deal. I've taken threads off topic more than once myself.

That is an amazing looking Reeve custom there Dave!

Here's my original Reeve Superman with my HT Supes the day I got him...

HTSR012.jpg

And the HT Supes after I reworked him...

HTSR016.jpg

HTSR018a.jpg

pjam said:
Here's a shot of my Boys...

Jukity George Reeves
Les Walker Christopher Reeve Tribute Fig w/ 1978 Mego Body and Outfit
HT Superman Returns

DSC01749.jpg

,...who's the one in the right?,.. tom hanks as superman,..?? :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Last edited:
,..damn that's a terrible routh likeness :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4
,..i'm wondering how much people would complain if sideshow released something like that,... :rolleyes:

I don't think it's really that subjective, that looks more like Routh as Superman than Routh himself did the day he got the job.

I got my HT Supes today!! It looks so much better in person than I expected. I'll post some pics later, although I doubt they'll come out as good as all of yours! :monkey5 Thanks again to Josh2 for letting me have this! :chew :chew :chew

carbo-fation said:
I got my HT Supes today!! It looks so much better in person than I expected. I'll post some pics later, although I doubt they'll come out as good as all of yours! :monkey5 Thanks again to Josh2 for letting me have this! :chew :chew :chew

SWEET!!!

Dude, I'm so glad you like him and that he arrived safely and not in pieces!! I can't wait to see him again!!

carbo-fation said:

c'mon!! post the photos!!
c'mon!! c'mon!!!
:duh

NICE JOSH!

Supes looks great in those D.A. signature flying poses

...and Bats, what can I say? Thanks bro!

For some reason my Supes left arm wont go up higher! I don't want to push it too hard in fear of breaking it. Any suggestions would be appreciated! :chew

By the way, nice pix Josh!

Wor-Gar said:
DarkArtist -- now that's the way Superman should be posed! He looks awesome like that!

I love those poses, would also love to see both arms forwards with fists thrusting the air... don't know if I've seen that pose yet.

Please Josh? :D

:monkey2 Man, I really wish I had one of those Supes!:monkey2

And a Takara Batman wouldn't be so bad either.....

carbo-fation said:
For some reason my Supes left arm wont go up higher! I don't want to push it too hard in fear of breaking it. Any suggestions would be appreciated! :chew

By the way, nice pix Josh!

His shoulder ball is probably positioned backward. I read about it in the review at Michael Crawford's site. Instead of raising the arm up, lower it down and keep going -- backward and up -- until it's at his side again; then rotate his bicep/shoulder joint around so his elbow is facing the right way again. I had the same thing happen to both my Supes and Batman.

Holy Hell GDB! Very cool hover shot... nice that you can hardly see the stand holding him up, genius!

Pjam, consider it done. Will post tonight!

Ashad, be very careful with his shoulder joints... His arms are a little tough to move up into position, you just have to lift the arms straight up at his sides.. like he's at the airport and being scanned...:lol

You then move them forward and slowly push them up. sometimes for me it ends up being the costume holding mine back, so I constantly rotate the sleeves as I am doing it. If anything, just to keep it from adding any unnecessary stress on the arms or clothing. Keep playing with it and I guarantee you will loosen them up enough for any pose!

Keep trying!:D

Back